The Student Room Group

Help further maths gcse

I dont know how to go about doing the further maths gcse . I am a very able maths pupil. i dont know if my school does it. Im in year 9 atm. I am currently on a NC level of 8A
Reply 1
in my school we have additional maths FMSQ which is a free standing maths qualification, not a GCSE. the exam board is OCR and this was for pupils who had got A/A* grades in July of Year 10 or November of Year 11. Some schools do statistics instead of additional maths, it's all down to your school. I suggest you ask your teacher on what you do after you've gotten your desired GCSE Maths grade :smile:
Further Maths is actually really interesting. It's a selection of some parts of units at A-Level maths. You can get higher than an A*- A^ is the top grade for it now, which is an A* with distinction.
Reply 3
Firstly, I'd love to be as smart and you; and I'm in year 11!

Secondly, ask your school if they do it. If not, you could do it at a college out of school or find an exam board which will allow you to pass the test in a centre outside school.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4
I was on an 8A in year 9 also, so i went on to get a* gcse maths in year 10 so then my school entered a few of us for AQA Level 2 Further Mathematics in year 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending