The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Boosh
Flexiblefish - I had no idea you could do that! That's got the cogs in my brain working...

Yeah it all depends on what degree you are wanting to transfer to and what you have done in relation to the "new" degree.

Worth a bash tho,

Do 120 credits part time whilst working, spend £1500 or whatever and get yourself a whole other degree and hopefully at a higher classification.
flexiblefish
Yeah it all depends on what degree you are wanting to transfer to and what you have done in relation to the "new" degree.

Worth a bash tho,

Do 120 credits part time whilst working, spend £1500 or whatever and get yourself a whole other degree and hopefully at a higher classification.

What a bargin!! Unlike most of TSR I'm not a fan of the OU but I could be persuaded given the cost and time it takes. Ive been thinking about doing a conversion MSc for a while but it's lots of money, fulltime only and taught miles away from where I live. Maybe a part-time, distance learning BSc would be better. Have you contacted OU at all?
The Boosh
What a bargin!! Unlike most of TSR I'm not a fan of the OU but I could be persuaded given the cost and time it takes. Ive been thinking about doing a conversion MSc for a while but it's lots of money, fulltime only and taught miles away from where I live. Maybe a part-time, distance learning BSc would be better. Have you contacted OU at all?

Yeah, but they cant do anything until you send them transcripts and course outlines that you did, and what OU degree you wanna do with them.
ie if you did sociology degree and wanna transfer to physics, unlikely that they will let you take too many credits etc.

ring them, they seem pretty useful.
Reply 23
what's a desmund?
drmoney89
what's a desmund?

A Desmond Tutu, i.e. a 2:2
Reply 25
oh hehe, so im guessing he recieved a 2:2 from king's?
Reply 26
Perhaps the OP could do a postgraduate certificate/diploma* and then use that as a stepping stone to get onto the MA/Phil of her choice.

An acquaintance of mine was accepted onto UCL's speech therapy MSc with a high (i.e.: borderline) 2:2.

*It doesn't have to be with the OU. It could be as an external student with the UoL, for example. And plenty of unis are jumping onto the 'Distance Learning' bandwagon.

Latest

Trending

Trending