The Student Room Group

Good Music for Revision?

Good Music for Revision?

Scroll to see replies

I always find Birdy or Ellie Goulding to be quite relaxing, doesn't distract you too much if you're revising as well.
Reply 2
Songs with no lyrics in perhaps? Just soothing music. I CANNOT for the life of me revise with music. I get too easily distracted, flicking through songs and stuff
Reply 3
The hospitality podcast, any mixes/songs by liquicity or mrsuicidesheep etc, check them all out, youtube 'em. Relaxing, not distracting, beautiful and motivating.

Liquid DnB in general I find the easiest to revise to, that or Harry Potter audio-books!
Reply 4
The Weeknd.

So chill.
Reply 5
Original post by jonnyb123
Harry Potter audio-books!

Is it just me who finds Stephen Fry's voice to be really relaxing and really, really good for the books??
Reply 6
Original post by Rosasaurr
Is it just me who finds Stephen Fry's voice to be really relaxing and really, really good for the books??

YES. Although I always end up listening to the book rather than doing any revision.

His ability to do all the characters is brilliant.
Original post by GraceS94
Good Music for Revision?

I really like to listen to instrumental stuff lile Explosions in the Sky or maybe some piano music like James Rhodes' but it depends on your music taste really..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Classical Piano:
I like this one :smile: Einaudi ludovico - nuvole bianche
Reply 9
I find songs that I've been listening to for quite a long time and know the lyrics to the best. They are not as distracting.
I'd also suggest something with not many lyrics or developed lyrics such as rap songs. I cannot for the life of me revise to songs I know the words too. Too distracting!
Reply 11
Vivaldi - The Storm
Reply 12
Original post by kaichung
Classical Piano:
I like this one :smile: Einaudi ludovico - nuvole bianche

Haha I listen to this too when studying along with others xD
Reply 13
Massive Attack - Teardrop

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
I often plumb for a bit of Handel or Bach. Having a fad on Bach's cello suites (played by Kirschbaum) at the moment:

Bon Iver - Holocene (Kyson remix)
Bondax - Wet summer
Atu - Can do it
Mike din - losing you ( ryan hemsworth bootleg)
Deliah - Inside my love (redlight reimx)
Destiny's child - say my name ( Cyril Hahn remix)
Bidy - Shelter ( Essay's tearful edit ) Enjoy, I have much more if you want.<span style="font-family: impact">[video="youtube;ZS3ydJ9cc9g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS3ydJ9cc9g[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)
I find Pink floyd is good for revising, a few good songs might be Time, Comfortably numb, Brain damage, Eclipse, Take it back and keep talking. That or just finding a youtube vid of a whole album.
Reply 17
Original post by Rosasaurr

No I agree too, he is great, trouble is I know them so well now I can practically finish his sentences! Makes for good listening material when revising though, because I don't need to concentrate on it at all.
urm, apparently baroque is best -
Classical. Usually Chopin.

I really can't listen to modern, high-tempo music or music with words when I'm revising.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending