The Student Room Group

Wave of terror attacks?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gateshipone

While of course there is a possibility that the are linked, it's not very likely at all that a terrorist plot would involve 3 different delivery methods over a very wide area.

What links them is that all three are in fact reasonably easy for trained soldiers or terrorists to undertake, and that a clever terrorist group attempting to engage in a campaign of attacks would vary their method.

They wouldn't try bombing another marathon, that's for sure. In fact, seeing how security has been stepped up, moving to poison letters and arson would seem eminently sensible.

Also, the historical significance makes it suspect in and of itself.

If a fertiliser processing facility blew up on September 11th any year after 2001, you can be sure that people would be suspicious and that it would be rational to look very carefully into the circumstances. This is the same with the Waco geographical and anniversary link (very close to the Branch Davidian compound, on the 20th anniversary of the end of the siege)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
I think the dates factor is the only thing that makes people lean towards a link.

The letters bit is beyond stupid. Anyone with half a brain - and the ability to spend 5 minutes googling - would know that noone in those positions opens their own mail without it at least going through some form of screening process. It was done by someone clearly without much intelligence. Hence why they've been caught so quickly (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22194061).

All the information we have about the Fertilizer factory so far [which, admittedly, could turn out to be wrong or new info could come to light) suggests it was nothing more than an accident. A small fire breaking out (hence why some people were evacuated and the fire services called in) which then got out of control in an horrific way.
(by an idiot who thinks the President opens his own mail!).

Regardless of who sent the letters, I imagine they were intended to make a point rather than to kill the president/senator etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Every day there's a "wave of terror" attacks by Muslims.

Mostly, as it happens, against fellow Muslims.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
They wouldn't try bombing another marathon, that's for sure. In fact, seeing how security has been stepped up, moving to poison letters and arson would seem eminently sensible.

Why wouldn't they? People are still trying to get bombs on board planes even though security is higher than it used to be. Just because something is more difficult doesn't mean it won't still be tried. Hell, a second attack on a public place is EXACTLY what a terrorist organisation would do. It sends a stronger message.

Also, the historical significance makes it suspect in and of itself.

Not really, lots of things of historical significance have happened on pretty much every date you can name.

The Pentagon's construction began on September 11th but I very much doubt that played any part in the plot to attack it 60 years later. Most of the time a coincidence is just that, a coincidence.

Have you ever noticed plane crashes seem to happen in groups? You'll have a few over what seems like a relatively short amount of time. Nothing links them, it just so happens that focus is on one and then when a second happens we see a pattern. That's how our brains work, we're programmed to try and identify patterns. Doesn't mean they exist though.

The most simple explanation is usually the correct one, in this case, 2 horrible events and one idiot hick in a short period of time have no connection but we put together a pattern anyway.

The Pentagon's construction began on September 11th but I very much doubt that played any part in the plot to attack it 60 years later.

So.... you're saying the fact that there were four hijackings on 9/11 was a coincidence? Each one was just an independent variable that happened to coincide on the same day? Or do you think the fact that there was a single plot might have had something to do with it?

Have you ever noticed plane crashes seem to happen in groups?

I hadn't, no. And I'm guessing they don't.
Coincidence or not? That's the big question.

If we hear of another explosion within this week, then something fishy is going on.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
So.... you're saying the fact that there were four hijackings on 9/11 was a coincidence? Each one was just an independent variable that happened to coincide on the same day? Or do you think the fact that there was a single plot might have had something to do with it?

Uh no, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that in THIS case there doesn't seem to be any link or any sign of a wider plot. Honestly if you're going to reply, at least try to have a tiny amount of understanding.

I hadn't, no. And I'm guessing they don't.

It does happen. You'll occasionally see headlines like "third airline crash in 2 weeks". What I'm pointing out is that if you're already aware of one thing, and something similar happens, you make a link even if there isn't one.
It should be noted that a man has been charged for the ricin letters, and that the FBI has said there is "No indication of a connection" to the Boston attack.

In other news, the Waco police force have said there is no reason to think the explosion at the factory was anything more than an industrial accident.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22205050
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22204391
The CCTV images of the Boston Bombers dont really look like a stereotypical right wing extremist
Reply 30
What, like the nuclear **** and tsunami and earthquakes was God's terrorists activities against Japan for being too awesome?

These things happen, alas.
Very interesting topic!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 32
Original post by Jordan-James
The CCTV images of the Boston Bombers dont really look like a stereotypical right wing extremist

The lefties and Muslims are still holding out for the possibility the white devil blacked-up before committing the crime, or that it was those dastardly Buddhists.

Of course, they always have the fail-safe to fall back on "it was Mossad" - "the Zionists did it to make Muslims look bad"

"classic American false flag"

"there's a bit of railing missing in the 457th frame in the video, it's been photoshopped...classic false flag"
Reply 33
Original post by Chindits
The lefties and Muslims are still holding out for the possibility the white devil blacked-up before committing the crime, or that it was those dastardly Buddhists.

Of course, they always have the fail-safe to fall back on "it was Mossad" - "the Zionists did it to make Muslims look bad"

"there's a bit of railing missing in the 457th frame in the video, it's been photoshopped...classic false flag"

Uh oh, the republican stereotype dude is moving between threads.

To be fair, i dont think views on international problems can be classed on political spectrums.

You can have a left winger who supports Israel, then you can have a left winger who supports the Palestinians.

Im personally more right and i generally support the Palestinians.

Saying the Boston Bombings was muslim terrorists isnt necessarily a right wing view.
Reply 35
Original post by Jordan-James
To be fair, i dont think views on international problems can be classed on political spectrums.

You can have a left winger who supports Israel, then you can have a left winger who supports the Palestinians.

Im personally more right and i generally support the Palestinians.

Saying the Boston Bombings was muslim terrorists isnt necessarily a right wing view.

There are always exceptions, but generalisations are generalisations for a reason.

The ones most likely to march side by side with Muslims in support of internationally proscribed terrorist groups, are left wingers.

And as a right-leaning person, you should either re-read some historical facts or have a look at how you politically define yourself.

On the right and supporting 'palestinians' - what a shambles. For shame.
Reply 36
There are always exceptions, but generalisations are generalisations for a reason.

The ones most likely to march side by side with Muslims in support of internationally proscribed terrorist groups, are left wingers.

And as a right-leaning person, you should either re-read some historical facts or have a look at how you politically define yourself.

On the right and supporting 'palestinians' - what a shambles. For shame.

"Left wingers support terrorism". Amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending