The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

First term: Around £54 (Due to me being in my overdraft because of rent but it's still quite a good amount)
Second Term: Around £65
Third term: £110
Reply 481
I'll have 150 a week in the first term, that's after accommodation, food, travel, lunch at uni, and anything else uni related has been taken out. I'll be in London, do you think that will be enough?
Reply 482
Original post by lola69
I'll have 150 a week in the first term, that's after accommodation, food, travel, lunch at uni, and anything else uni related has been taken out. I'll be in London, do you think that will be enough?

Hate when people ask things like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 483
Original post by joker12345
That is a ridiculous amount for accommodation, unless its catered I guess. If you don't have the money, find one thing cheaper - and most accommodation is cheaper!

yeah...mine is £9160 -.- and not even catered
Reply 484
Original post by ItsSian
I wish I had that much a week! Without a part-time job I'll have £66 a week :smile:

I will be living off £70 a month >_< and thats excluding food and stuff... thats how much i have left after my rent is taken off... because my student load is not enough!!! and im panicking! and the accommodation is just so crazy expensive!!!
Reply 485
Original post by ElChapo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! I'll be lucky to have £100 PER MONTH -.-
Reply 486
Original post by ElChapo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't mean it like that =/
I just wasn't sure as I've spent the whole year working and saving and wanted to know if this would be enough to live on especially in london as people keep telling me London's far to expensive =(
Reply 487
Original post by lola69
I didn't mean it like that =/
I just wasn't sure as I've spent the whole year working and saving and wanted to know if this would be enough to live on especially in london as people keep telling me London's far to expensive =(

Yeah but you said you have 150 a week set aside not including your budget for accommodation and food, thats a massive amount! Unless I've misunderstood you, but thats a hell of a lot, I don't see how that wouldn't be enough... Yes, I am jealous.
Reply 488
my accommodation is semi catered, so i don't have to spend a lot of money on food. also student finance gives me £98 per week. and i'll probably get around £100 per week on top of what i get from SF from my family. if i need to go shopping i'll just ask for more money...
Original post by smd4std
my accommodation is semi catered, so i don't have to spend a lot of money on food. also student finance gives me £98 per week. and i'll probably get around £100 per week on top of what i get from SF from my family. if i need to go shopping i'll just ask for more money...

Why would you need to ask for more money?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 490
Original post by ElChapo
Yeah but you said you have 150 a week set aside not including your budget for accommodation and food, thats a massive amount! Unless I've misunderstood you, but thats a hell of a lot, I don't see how that wouldn't be enough... Yes, I am jealous.
my accommodation and the weekly money is all from my student loan, and the food and travel etc is from my savings. I just meant that I hope it'll be enough as I really don't want to end up in a load of debt =(
Reply 491
£157 : D
Reply 492
Now have a 12 hr per week job sorted in my uni's town so pretty much doubled my parents weekly allowance to 160
Reply 493
I will have about £50-60 a week I think
My parents have a combined income of £52k (before tax), but i have a younger brother and we live in London....I got around £5k for the year.

What I don't get is that two parents on minimum wage of around £21k combined is treated as 'super rich' and means the student in question gets zilch for maintenance grant. Simply put, middle income families are lumped in with high income families and it can be a struggle to keep a budget whilst living decently in London.

Latest