The Student Room Group

Repeat a year? Any advice appreciated!

Hi guys.
I'm really worried about these exams coming up in 4 days. I've been in a real slump lately - I think depression runs in my family. I usually go home for easter and decided not to this time because I was so behind with work, but I kept putting it off and putting it off and now the exams are here and I'm far from prepared.
I'm in my second year and I really think repeating this year is my best course of action. There's no way I'm going to do well in these exams, and I haven't got a firm understanding of the 2nd year principles - how am I going to be able to proceed to 3rd year and build upon knowledge not gained?
The problem is, I'm not sure how likely it is I'll be allowed to repeat the year. What if they don't let me? I'm so freaked out that I've just ruined everything. Any words of advice?
Thanks a lot.
Spartacus21
Reply 1
You'll get no sympathy where it doesn't belong. You seem too much of a pathetic manchild to handle university. I suggest you drop out and find a job more on par with your mental capacity, such as working at McDonalds.
Don't listen to the above poster. They are just being horrid. I would say you should speak with your tutor about the options available to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cynical_Smile01
Don't listen to the above poster. They are just being horrid. I would say you should speak with your tutor about the options available to you.

Original post by spartacus21

Thanks a lot.
Spartacus21

Posted from TSR Mobile

EVERYONE at uni feels the pressure at this time of year, deadlines, presentations, essays. You definitely should talk to your personal tutor that is exactly what they are there for, if you are struggling or need help they can help you. You would have probably benefited from a study plan or something like that to prevent you from pushing things to the last minute. You won't necessarily have to resit the whole year, looks into extenuating circumstances because of your depression/health issues and every uni usually has resits in august for a couple of modules.
One thing you certainly shouldn't do here, is suffer in silence if you're struggling. There are people at your uni, your tutor, the SU, that are there to help in these kind of situations so don't freak out about it, there are options available so look into them
good luck, and don't panic !

Quick Reply

Latest