The Student Room Group

ocr B7 new specification? how should i revise?

I've got my b7 exam coming up soon but it is the new ocr specification, so i have no idea how to revise to get a top grade! i have the revision guide, but not much else.

Any tips? thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is this 21st century science? I'm doing the same course and I get through with good grades by using the textbook.
The pink one, i don't know the name but it's amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Jina
Is this 21st century science? I'm doing the same course and I get through with good grades by using the textbook.
The pink one, i don't know the name but it's amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you! i know its horrible not having any past papers and stuff to work with, but i will start looking for a pink textbook!
Reply 3
Lol... Let me give you a picture! :smile: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366384504.676905.jpg

Sorry! It's orange, the last one was pinl! :/ but these books are the only reason I have A's and A*'s! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Jina
Lol... Let me give you a picture! :smile: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366384504.676905.jpg

Sorry! It's orange, the last one was pinl! :/ but these books are the only reason I have A's and A*'s! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you so so much
Reply 5
No probs! If theres a topic you're unsure about I'll even take pictures of the page for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Jina
No probs! If theres a topic you're unsure about I'll even take pictures of the page for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks! if i find any material i'll send you a link
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Mango3
you are the best! if i find any material i'll send you a link

Haha thank you. We need to all help each other agains the devil OCR. :smile: How did you fare in this January's exam? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
is b7 hard in ocr?
Reply 9
Ahh... The hardest has to be Chemistry in unit 7 - it's random, or so I find it.
Biology is going ok so far and thank god Physics is manageable this time round. Which exam board/unit are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Jina
Ahh... The hardest has to be Chemistry in unit 7 - it's random, or so I find it.
Biology is going ok so far and thank god Physics is manageable this time round. Which exam board/unit are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

at thos time im on b4 and c4 and p4 at ocr 21st century tripple science
Reply 11
Original post by monisj1
at thos time im on b4 and c4 and p4 at ocr 21st century tripple science

Same exam board! I found 4/5/6 unit exams the worst. 7's unit is decent - good luck with your current one though! *dies*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Jina
Haha thank you. We need to all help each other agains the devil OCR. :smile: How did you fare in this January's exam? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

we are the dream team! i got an a, but i know i need a top grade to get a guaranteed a or a* overall
Reply 13
Original post by Mango3
we are the dream team! i got an a, but i know i need a top grade to get a guaranteed a or a* overall

Haha arghh... Science is the least of my worries right now. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

Omg..you are taking the exam as well..thought my school was the only one..do you know of any good websites or revision notes of these modules,,cause I can't afford to buy any more textbooks :'( :frown: Please help!

Reply 15
[QUOTE="marufah_x;42445756"]
Original post by Jina

Omg..you are taking the exam as well..thought my school was the only one..do you know of any good websites or revision notes of these modules,,cause I can't afford to buy any more textbooks :'( :frown: Please help!

:frown: my school buys us all the textbook for the modules- the orange one is the best. There isn't many revision sources around for the 7's as its a completely new unit. :/ However Khan Academy and Doc brown or something are quite good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Thank You...I'll check those sites out! :smile:
Reply 17
[QUOTE="marufah_x;42445756"]
Original post by Jina

you probably know already, but revision sites such as gcse bitesize have amazing notes you can use :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by marufah_x
Thank You...I'll check those sites out! :smile:

No probs! If you need help on certain topic... I'll take pics of page for u.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Can you take pics of the genetic modification bit and the stuff about sustainable fishing thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending