The Student Room Group

A question about the AQA Psychology specification?

Hello everyone. :smile:

I'm a little confused about the wording of the specification for Unit 3 and 4. Whenever the spec uses the word "explanations" (for example "Explanations for the success and failure of dieting"), does that mean I can get away with learning an essay with two explanations for success and another with two explanations for failure, or could they ask me to outline and evaluate one explanation for success/failure? I'm not really sure if the fact that they've used the plural explanations means they can still ask me to outline and evaluate one explanation. Hopefully my question makes sense..I'm self teaching Psychology so I have no one else to ask. :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by cat-lover
Hello everyone. :smile:

I'm a little confused about the wording of the specification for Unit 3 and 4. Whenever the spec uses the word "explanations" (for example "Explanations for the success and failure of dieting"), does that mean I can get away with learning an essay with two explanations for success and another with two explanations for failure, or could they ask me to outline and evaluate one explanation for success/failure? I'm not really sure if the fact that they've used the plural explanations means they can still ask me to outline and evaluate one explanation. Hopefully my question makes sense..I'm self teaching Psychology so I have no one else to ask. :frown:

they can ask you to outline one explanation and evaluate another-it may not be necessarily the same one as they can mix and match outline and evaluation for different things.

an example was when i sat my last paper for psya4: they asked me outline i think a biological explanation but evaluate a psychological one in the same essay question.

or it was vice versa, it was almost a year ago but yeah hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Mephestic
they can ask you to outline one explanation and evaluate another-it may not be necessarily the same one as they can mix and match outline and evaluation for different things.

an example was when i sat my last paper for psya4: they asked me outline i think a biological explanation but evaluate a psychological one in the same essay question.

or it was vice versa, it was almost a year ago but yeah hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I seeee. :smile: I can definitely do that. I just hope they can't ask a big 24 mark essay on one explanation because I'm only learning my two explanations essay. I won't have enough to write to get a good mark if they ask me to write about one explanation for 24 marks. :frown:

Thanks!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending