The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Social Life

I really want to get involved at Warwick and join as many societies and clubs etc as possible but I'm studying Law and I don't know whether I'm being way too ambitious...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by JusticeLeague
I really want to get involved at Warwick and join as many societies and clubs etc as possible but I'm studying Law and I don't know whether I'm being way too ambitious...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, are you going to be joining in September? I'm doing Law at Warwick as well and wandering how much the work load is going to be too. I'm sure that you will certainly be able to so long as you work productively and not procrastinate a lot (we all say we won't, but the reality is that we always do at some stage).
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Yeh I start in September as well. I think I'm just being a bit extra because I've already chosen the clubs I want to join. :smile: So you're doing law as well? What did you get at AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

It's all about time management. Clubs/societies only meet for an hour or two each week (depending on the ones you join), so you can easily fit that into a work/revision break :s-smilie:

I was the same as you and planned on joining loads at the start of term 1 :tongue: . Ended up just being involved in 3 however, so still a lot, but not unmanageable :yep:
Reply 4
Yeh I start in September as well. I think I'm just being a bit extra because I've already chosen the clubs I want to join. :smile: So you're doing law as well? What did you get at AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I think I know a few societies to join. And yeah, I'm doing 3 Year LLB and i got AAAA at AS, you?
No matter how many you join I'm sure there will still be time for all the work, I don't do law but I do maths at Warwick and there's quite a few people in my block who do law and they still manage fine with all the societies they're in. Just join as many as you want, and if you find it is too much then cut back on a few, that's my advice :smile:
Reply 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be fine with joining a few clubs/societies - I find that most sports clubs are populated by those with the highest workloads as they need the complete change of pace the most. Be sure to check out Warwick Jitsu when you arrive - a sociable club that doesn't require any definite commitment for when your workload gets too much (I know, shameless plug...)

Quick Reply

Latest