The Student Room Group

URGENT further maths exam clarification

I am meant to be sitting S3 but it clashes with one of my other exams. Would this module combination still get me the A2 in further mathematics.

S1,S2,S4,FP1,FP2,FP3,D1
Reply 1
No - you can't do S4 without having done S3. If two exams clash you can sit one after the other - speak to the exam officer at your assessment centre.
Reply 2
Original post by tory88
No - you can't do S4 without having done S3. If two exams clash you can sit one after the other - speak to the exam officer at your assessment centre.

But I'll have to know the content for S3 anyway I just can't sit that exam...
why are u doing 8 exams?
and why can't you do it afterwards? I've had clashes before, you just do two exams in a row. It's annoying, but possible
Just do the two in a row

USING THE TSR APP
Reply 6
Original post by Music99
I am meant to be sitting S3 but it clashes with one of my other exams. Would this module combination still get me the A2 in further mathematics.

S1,S2,S4,FP1,FP2,FP3,D1

An a level in further mathematics requires 6 modules, you are planning to do 2 more than needed, either drop two or take on an extra and get the add. Further maths AS too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Joshmeid
An a level in further mathematics requires 6 modules, you are planning to do 2 more than needed, either drop two or take on an extra and get the add. Further maths AS too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm retaking S1 for my A level mathematics exam.
Reply 8
Original post by Music99
But I'll have to know the content for S3 anyway I just can't sit that exam...

That doesn't matter - you have to move up the rung in order. So in order to do M2 you must have done M1 and equally to do S4 you must have done S3.
Reply 9
Original post by Music99

S1,S2,S4,FP1,FP2,FP3,D1

Why can't you just sit one after the other? Ask your exams officer....
Reply 10
Whilst modules generally build on each other making it difficult to study one unless you've done the ones before, you can cash in a Further Maths A level with the combination of units that you plan to take.
My C1 and FP1 clash as well, so I'm going to have to sit them both one after another. Same with M1 and M2.
Reply 12
Original post by Matt_dragon
My C1 and FP1 clash as well, so I'm going to have to sit them both one after another. Same with M1 and M2.

At least they are similar haha, C1 and FP1 overlap a bit and so do M1 and M2 for me however may 24th is judgement day, C2 and S2 clash what is life
Original post by Robbie242
At least they are similar haha, C1 and FP1 overlap a bit and so do M1 and M2 for me however may 24th is judgement day, C2 and S2 clash what is life

I'm sure you're gonna be just fine :smile: Believe in yourself! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Matt_dragon
I'm sure you're gonna be just fine :smile: Believe in yourself! Best of luck :smile:

Yeah you too! thanks ! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by gdunne42
Whilst modules generally build on each other making it difficult to study one unless you've done the ones before, you can cash in a Further Maths A level with the combination of units that you plan to take.

Thank you! Basically I know S3 already it's just I'm at university and the date of S3 clashes with one of my university exams so I had to change it.

Quick Reply

Latest