The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi Everyone,

I have also applied to sutsw and am anxiously waiting. I have heard no feedback on when the interviews are but I guess you could e-mail and ask?

good luck waiting!
Reply 21
Original post by teacakelove
Haven't heard anything yet.. It is an anxious wait!!

Can anyone hazard a guess to when we would attend the assessment centre? I'm away from mid-July for 10 weeks and worried I'll miss out!

Hi, I have applied to Cambridgeshire, and I have recently received an e-mail that said the assessment days would be on the 11th, 20th and 21st of June. But have yet to hear anything else as to if I have been accepted! So, I'm thinking I should hear something soon. Obviously this is the eastern regional partnership so it may be different for each area.
Hi I applied to Nottingham and received an e-mail stating the assessment days for the East-Midlands would be:17th June 2013, 21st June 2013,28th June 2013, 27th June 2013, 3rd July 2013. the e-mail advisers you to keep these dates free in the event you are invited to one of the assessment days.
Reply 23
I have also applied to Wigan , still waiting to hear anything. I applied on the first day it opened haha. I have also been accepted for a secondary PGCE though , but would rather do this if I had to choose
Those dates seem quite soon. They probably notify regions where the assessment days are earlier. I have applied for central London, haven't heard back anything yet, hopefully soon!

I wonder if they will give us any information on what the assessment day will consist of beforehand. I've heard that it will involve an interview, role play, group exercise and maths/english test. eeeeek!
I applied to Manchester on deadline day... still not heard anything yet..

anxious wait

fingers crossed for everyone..
Hi, I applied to Cheshire West and Chester and had an email today inviting me to the first part of a two part selection process, a written assessment in Widnes on the 17th June. Looks like things are beginning to move. I wonder what the written assessment will be about.....? Eek! :confused:
Reply 27
Original post by sanbam
Hi guys, I am hoping most of u did apply. I'm currently on the second cohort of the programme. We're due to officially finish on 26/7/13. The last our application had to be in at the end of August and we got the invite to attend the assessment centre mid-oct. The assessment part of it took place in the second week of November and successful candidates were informed within a week. Its a great route giving you experience within statutory setting and although you're not guaranteed a job at the end of the programme, i would still recommend it. If anyone requires any info about anything then give me a shout. I may not be able to shed much light on the course content as we're undertaking a 18 month MA. However I'm happy to help anyway I can. Good luck to you all who applied. X

Hello - just received an email re invitation to assessment day on 27 June for east mids partnership. So nervous already....any information or advice you could kindly give would be so helpful. Thanks Keely xx
Hello!

I've recently received an email detailing assessment dates - eek!
I was just wondering how you found the assessment center/any tips at all + what you had to do?

Hope the programme is going well! :biggrin:

Keisha
Reply 29
Original post by sanbam
Hi guys, I am hoping most of u did apply. I'm currently on the second cohort of the programme. We're due to officially finish on 26/7/13. The last our application had to be in at the end of August and we got the invite to attend the assessment centre mid-oct. The assessment part of it took place in the second week of November and successful candidates were informed within a week. Its a great route giving you experience within statutory setting and although you're not guaranteed a job at the end of the programme, i would still recommend it. If anyone requires any info about anything then give me a shout. I may not be able to shed much light on the course content as we're undertaking a 18 month MA. However I'm happy to help anyway I can. Good luck to you all who applied. X

Hi there. Could you tell us some details about what exactly will happen on the assessment day, examples of questions or phone interview please, if you remember.
Thank you.
Hi I have applied to Lancashire, has anyone else? Wondered if anyone has heard anything?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 31
Hi, I have applied to Calderdale... anyone else? we should hear by the end of next week, although i'm constantly checking my emails (like they would email on a Friday night..!) well done to those of you who have heard already!
Reply 32
I applied for cambridgeshire too, I also got the email below:

Thank you for your application and expressed preference for Central Eastern Regional Partnership. Please note that our Assessment Days will be held on;

11th June 2013
20th June 2012
21st June 2013

You are advised to keep these days free in the event that you are shortlisted and invited to the next stage of the selection process

However I'm guessing that as it is now the 8th of June and I haven't heard anything I haven't been successful :-/

Still keep checking my emails and the post eagerly every day though!! x
Reply 33
Unfortunately I can only assume that I have been unsuccessful as I have not heard anything - did anyone else apply for York?

Good luck to all those on their assessment days! :smile: X
Hi, I still haven't heard anything at all! I have applied to Wirral has anyone else applied here? I keep checking my junk email too just in case lol does anyone know the email address that they reply with? x
I have applied to the learn together partnership which includes the Wirral. I have been invited to the assessment centre. I got my email a few days ago now. Maybe they're working their way through the list. I bet there were a lot of applicants this year. Fingers crossed you hear something soon. :smile:
Reply 36
Hello everyone!

I have also applied, Cheshire east was my choice but I would be happy with most Cheshire/Manchester places.

No heard anything yet :frown: anyone else heard from Cheshire East?
Reply 37
Just had a skim through the evaluation. In the first cohort Wigan LA only recruited one trainee and none in the second. I wish I'd have known this before applying...
Reply 38
I take that back, just got my invite to the assessment centre :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by teacakelove
Haven't heard anything yet.. It is an anxious wait!!

Can anyone hazard a guess to when we would attend the assessment centre? I'm away from mid-July for 10 weeks and worried I'll miss out!

I have been invited to the assessment day for Wigan :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending