The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Hi I am hoping to apply for the next cohort. Could I ask, are the requirements for step up the same as frontline in regards to have A levels? I have a degree in working with children and young people but did not take A levels at school. I also have 16 years of experience working with children and young people in a variety of settings.
Original post by jakester_fin
Hi there, has anyone applied to Stoke?

Anyone heard anything? Little worried now.

Hi, just going through this forum as hoping to apply to the next cohort. I'm from stoke and wondered what your experiences were.
Thanks
Hi just going through this forum as hoping to apply to the next cohort. I'm in stoke on Trent, did u go to the assessment and did u get a place?
Hi , probably a little bit late. I'm applying for 2018 and was after a little guidance
Original post by Ozzzzzzz
Hi , probably a little bit late. I'm applying for 2018 and was after a little guidance

Hi, you might be better posting on the newer thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4576504
Hi Clare,I have been successful at the application stage for cohort 5 and will be attending and assessment day in a few weeks.Do you have any further information about the assessment day or tips you could advise?
Reply 686
Hey
When I last attended assessment centre for step up programme 3 years ago I was sent invite interview stating the following:
Agenda:
Written exercise
Written analysis
Group exercise with young people
Role play
Formal 1:1 panel interview

It was quite few yrs ago so I can't remember exactly, the written exercise was typical of what you'd expect I was given a scenario n asked to answer wit what I would do, I don't remember the written analysis, the group exercise involved speaking to young people in care n their carers, there was I think 6 in total n had about 2 mins per person, so they'd asked you questions n you'd answer a bell would go after 2 mins and you'd move on a seat (a bit like speed dating), the role play n interview were in the same thing so 10 mins before you're given scenario for role-play (and the questions for the interview) to prepare, the scenario I had was a phone call from a young girl being abused by her father, so I was sat back to back with person playing the girl n had to role play a telephone conversation.

Hope this helps, it's all I can remember from 3 years ago. I didn't get a place on the programme but I'm coming to the end of my MA Social work.

Sam
Hello - I realise that this is an older post but I have an interview for cohort 5. I was wondering how the interview went? What to expect?
I have applied for the Greater Manchester Region.

Thanks!

Original post by sanbam
Hi I'm currently with the Greater Manchester Regional Partnership. There's fifteen of us all together, 4 with Salford Council, 4 with Manchester Council, 2 with Bury Council, 2 with Stockport Council and 3 with Bolton Council. The Local Authority that I am based with is Bolton. Although there are a lot more councils and authrorities taking part in the programme then when I applied in 2011, so hopfully that bodes well in terms of places available for the 2014 programme. I won't lie it's been truely demanding, but with the last 7 weeks to go I have to say it's been worth it. I'm currenetly on placement with a front line Child Protection Team with five weeks to go and the experience, skills and knowledge that the programme has allowed me to develop has been second to none.

Which area/auhtority have you applied to? Good luck with the application and keep me informed of how you get on. x
Reply 688
Hi could you please give me some insight to what I should expect when I go to the assessment centre? I am really nervous and would like to prepare where possible. Many thanks, Sherise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending