The Student Room Group

Is it only me who finds it hard to believe what America and its media say?

I just find something fishy about this Boston episode. That they're not telling thw whole story or even worse: that this incident is a set-up with a bigger picture in mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I just don't understand why someone with a scholarship to study medicine would throw away their future like that.
(edited 11 years ago)
Nope, I pretty much feel the same way. Something just appears very strange and off about the whole thing.
Reply 3
Original post by Mr Advice
I just find something fishy about this Boston episode. That they're not telling thw whole story or even worse: that this incident is a set-up with a bigger picture in mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Type Craft International and Boston together into Google search.

Also follow this guy, one of the best investigative journalists that aren't dead or in prison: https://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRealityCheck.
Astronomers caught a glimpse of one galaxy as it looked merely 880 million years after the big bang, and what they see indicates that stars began forming in the universe much earlier than researchers had thought possible. The study, which was published April 17 in the journal Nature, is based on photographs that the European Space Agency’s Herschel telescope recently took of a galaxy located nearly 13 billion light-years from Earth. Since it would have taken the light from that galaxy almost 13 billion years to reach our planet, the photograph is an image of that galaxy as it would have looked almost 13 billion years ago. That means that the astronomers are seeing the galaxy as it would have appeared a mere 880 million years after the big bang.
Reply 5
What is so strange about it? Two lunatics blowing up people. Through the entire history of mankind some people have acted this way, murdering, bombing etc. for no apparent purpose.

It's horrible, but what's so fishy about it?
Reply 6
With American media, you have to take everything as not completely true. The particular news source will determine which way (politically) the story leans, of course, but they're all biased in some way, and most of them are very strongly biased. They also have a reputation for distorting facts.
But as far as the Boston incident specifically, they probably aren't telling the whole truth simply because they don't know it. It's an open investigation, so the police/government can't really tell the public everything without compromising the investigation. There is undoubtedly a lot more to this story that we may never find out, and that's not entirely the media's fault. There are some things that the perpetrator will never tell, some things the investigators won't say and probably things that the media don't want to publish. That's just the way it is.
Reply 7
Original post by Sir Fox
What is so strange about it? Two lunatics blowing up people. Through the entire history of mankind some people have acted this way, murdering, bombing etc. for no apparent purpose.

It is a bit odd that these two guys targeted a Boston marathon. Their parents were granted asylum back in 2007 after a 5 year wait, they were allegedly escaping persecution by Russian authorities.

Why would they commit a crime like that in a country effectively harbouring them? They were able to travel to Russia freely, why not blow up something in Moscow?

I understand that they've been indoctrinated, probably in the US, but Russia is apparently a more hated enemy for radical chechens as they believe that it is the ultimate evil empire stomping on their freedoms.
Reply 8
Original post by Sir Fox

This.

I guess some people just hate America so much they can never see them as the victim.

Sad.

Anyway USA USA USA
Original post by OdoreOxiniPer
Astronomers caught a glimpse of one galaxy as it looked merely 880 million years after the big bang, and what they see indicates that stars began forming in the universe much earlier than researchers had thought possible. The study, which was published April 17 in the journal Nature, is based on photographs that the European Space Agency’s Herschel telescope recently took of a galaxy located nearly 13 billion light-years from Earth. Since it would have taken the light from that galaxy almost 13 billion years to reach our planet, the photograph is an image of that galaxy as it would have looked almost 13 billion years ago. That means that the astronomers are seeing the galaxy as it would have appeared a mere 880 million years after the big bang.

My God! :shock: What on Earth is this?

It seems that TSR has malfunctioned! Is a trainee Mod making mistakes? :lol:
I'm as reluctant to believe this as I am anything else. It's so odd; on this forum members are actively encouraged in every aspect to challenge situations and ideas, except for when it comes to the media. Unfortunately, there's this expectation that unless you passively disgest everything you get from the media you'll be labelled a crazy conspiracist regardless of the whether your arguement is credible or not. Specifically about this story, I refuse to label this kid a terrorist and so on until there is an investigation and trial, then I'll decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's with the conspiracy's on here? The only reason I can come to is denial of facts. People are saying this crap like they hope it's a set up, they hope it's a conspiracy, they hope it's not the obvious. They're judging the situation how they think it should be.

Just because you don't understand ppl's actions that doesn't equal = conspiracy.

Two amateurish islamists. That's all they're. They then rob & store & kill a police officer.

Not the first time people have mad, crazy things. Look at the 2nd Suspects favpurites on Twitter. 'Jihad' and 'kuffar enemy'. P https://twitter.com/J_tsar
Reply 12
Original post by slickrick666999
What's with the conspiracy's on here? The only reason I can come to is denial of facts. People are saying this crap like they hope it's a set up, they hope it's a conspiracy, they hope it's not the obvious. They're judging the situation how they think it should be.

Just because you don't understand ppl's actions that doesn't equal = conspiracy.

Two amateurish islamists. That's all they're. They then rob & store & kill a police officer.

Not the first time people have mad, crazy things. Look at the 2nd Suspects favpurites on Twitter. 'Jihad' and 'kuffar enemy'. P https://twitter.com/J_tsar

You need to learn to think for yourself. The police say they found him in a house anr had another one hour of gunfire with him and were then able to move in. After a whole hour? Plus why was it this house wasn't searched earlier when apparently they carried out searched "door to door and street to street"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by RtGOAT
This.

I guess some people just hate America so much they can never see them as the victim.

Sad.

Anyway USA USA USA

In the time I've been alive I've known America to do and be nothing but imperialist and evil. I've seen them start two wars, one of which was on lies and deciept. The history I've studied tells me the same. How could I possibly have a different opinion of her? Of course America has been victim but they're also perpetrators. You're naive to make them out to be angel-like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
One thing for sure America is an interesting nation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
I just find something fishy about this Boston episode. That they're not telling thw whole story.

They're not telling the whole story and CNN for example appear to love jumping the gun and it was hilarious to see them back peddle after their lies :lol:

What I find strange is the fact that these Chechens are doing this in the US, what are they going to achieve? the US has nothing against the Chechen people, that is Russia so surely they should be in Russia bombing not Boston? :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by Little J
I just don't understand why someone with a scholarship to study medicine would throw away their future like that.

Crazier things have happened. Those guys who tried to launch a terrorist attack on Glasgow airport were both doctors. If these two guys were vulnerable it might not be too hard for the right person to radicalize them. Also seems like his brother was very religious, assuming Islam was the motivator here.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
I don't see what this level of paranoia gains for you, though.

You're just going to permanently refuse to believe everything you're told. If you don't trust them now then you never will. If they did turn around and say "here is the truth, here is the evidence to back it up" you'd all just say "we don't believe you, you've made it up".

This is no win for you.
Reply 18
Original post by OdoreOxiniPer

TSR error?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending