The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Replace 'liar' with 'incompetent', or 'gimp'. He's both...
Reply 2
I don't think Tony Blair as a person is a liar, the media have made him into one and a couple of bad political decisions. The topics concerned are so complex it would be impossible and inappropriate to just slap the word 'liar' on him.

However I do think the country has been misled by the government over the last couple of years and I definatly won't be voting labour in the next elections.

And I hate it when people are disrespectful towards him, bare in mind he has done a lot of good things as well and to call him a 'gimp' is just showing what a simple minded media influenced person you really are. Go read the labour website and educate yourself.
Reply 3
Leave Tony alone...he's sexy :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Navajo
I don't him as a person is a liar, the media have made him into one. The topics concerned are so somplex it would be impossible to just slap the word 'liar' on him.

However I do think the country has been misled by the government and I won't be voting labour in the next elections.

What do you mean when you say the country has been misled?
Reply 5
lamps
What do you mean when you say the country has been misled?

(note my edit on the other post)

Many ways by the government, there's a huge catallogue of screw ups, from the Iraq war (i'm not saying I was against it) to the screw up over the Hutton report.

Seeing as this thread is about the 'liar' claim then I wont go into all the other things wrong with the government :p:
Reply 6
Sorry, this has already been posted in another section but i realised it was probably the wrong place!

Do you think Tony Blair a liar? If so, do you think he is a convincing liar? I had a debate about this with my friend today and so i thought i'd see what you guys on here thought!
Reply 7
I think this is destined for Politics forum, but i'll give you a Chat answer anyway. You'd go to jail for sayin that in China. :hubba:
yes, he is, and he isn't convincing because everyone knows he is a liar, but the problem is not working out when he is lying, its when he is telling the truth...
Reply 9
Type "liar" into Google. Evidently, the answer is yes :biggrin:
Reply 10
bohemian
Type "liar" into Google. Evidently, the answer is yes :biggrin:

Same as typing "failure" into Google :biggrin:

I think The Media have made life hard for Blair, especially in the latter years of his PM-ship. And, whatever The Sun (or just the media in general) says about him, people will believe :wink:
Reply 11
And similar to typing in a rather rude word beginning with f and ending with wit :biggrin:
Reply 12
Obviously. His name is B-liar. So yes
Reply 13
He's better than the other twits. Cameron :rolleyes:
Now now, be nice. Cameron is better than Blair, simply because he is leading the Tory Party to begin with...:biggrin:
I thought all politicians are liars? Or maybe i'm just lying...
Reply 16
Navajo
However I do think the country has been misled by the government over the last couple of years and I definatly won't be voting labour in the next elections.
Same here...but then, I won't be voting for anyone in the next elections :rolleyes: :biggrin:
I just prefer to stay out of politics as best as I can. It's something I'm incapable of comprehending, so I don't bother trying.

If you've got a message for Blair, like if you want to tell him that he's a liar, consider writing your message on large banners and then invading a live television broadcast or climbing onto the roof of a landmark - Fathers for Justice like to think that sort of publicity works, so why not try it yourself? :p:
digitalparadox
I thought all politicians are liars? Or maybe i'm just lying...

I don't know for definite if they are or not but I think they must be, especially when they start getting more powerful. Everyone lies occasionally but when they start to become important the lies start to become more important.
Dalimyr
Same here...but then, I won't be voting for anyone in the next elections :rolleyes: :biggrin:
I just prefer to stay out of politics as best as I can. It's something I'm incapable of comprehending, so I don't bother trying.

Fine. But don't complain when something goes wrong, you want something done etc etc, because if you haven't participated in the political process you don't have the right to do so. It's actually really simple to go onto the main parties websites (Labour, Conservatives, Liberal Democrats, Greens to name the major ones) and read their manifestos. Often the BBC has easy to compare tables of the policies during election time. Take a few minutes to learn the basics of government and politics and once you begin to understand a bit more, it becomes a hell of lot more enjoyable and interesting. You must want a say in your future, so exercise your very valuable democratic right and duty and vote.

what politician isn't a liar? - that's what they are paid to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending