The Student Room Group

How many people believe the Boston Bombing suspect is actually innocent?

Scroll to see replies

I'll believe he is guilty when I see evidence more than a few grainy pictures. For the amount of stuff that supposedly has happened there is very little CCTV being released. Something about the whole thing just doesn't sit right with me.

I also have a strong feeling this was mostly the older brother, if he is found guilty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Kousar
I was surprised at the amount of people that do. There have been relentless tweets about his innocence. I've been looking into it, and I never made a conclusion. But now I do think things are a bit odd. What happened to being 'innocent untill proven guilty'. With Dzhokhar, it's the other way round. He's guilty untill proven innocent.

Is there any solid proof that he (and his brother) carried out the attacks?

I'm merely interested and curious. I believe in justice, and whoever committed the atrocity should be punished accordingly.

But what if they've got the wrong guy? I'm not a conspiracist, just a skeptic. Especially of the media reporting today.

Would like peoples thoughts, if there are any people who do adamantly believe he is innocent and others who believe the exact opposite, tell us why! :smile:

I definitely agree with "innocent until proven guilty" but to me, the evidence I've seen presented in the media does indicate to me that him and his brother were responsible for these attacks (obviously things said in the media need to be taken with a pinch of salt):

- the video footage of Dzhokhar arriving at the location of the bomb with a backpack, moving away, fiddling with his cellphone, not reacting when it went off and leaving in the opposite direction of the second bomb without a backpack.
- the story that his brother approached a vehicle they hijacked on the first night and said to the owner something along the lines of "did you hear about the boston bombings? Yeah that was me".. obviously not sure as to the truth of this.
- the fact that their house was found full of material that can be used to make bombs, and that matched the material at the site of the incident

There is a lot more that I've seen here and there, so I do believe he is guilty. Interesting discussion though :smile:
I think people are missing the point. Killing/putting these guys in jail will not solve the problem. These guys were victims in their own right. You speak to people who knew them and they will tell you how amazing they were with plenty going for them. Something big happened in a very small period of time that completely brain-washed them and set them up to carry out disgusting tasks. The group responsible for changing these individuals should be brought to justice and I will continue to be unsatisfied and disgusted until that is the case. They are being used as scapegoats for what it is clearly a huge problem out there that the Security Services are struggling to get to grips with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by llessur123
I'll believe he is guilty when I see evidence more than a few grainy pictures. For the amount of stuff that supposedly has happened there is very little CCTV being released. Something about the whole thing just doesn't sit right with me.

I also have a strong feeling this was mostly the older brother, if he is found guilty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are going to have to overlook a lot of things to conclude that he had no part in it.

* He was photographed on the scene with his brother and then fled with his brother, running him over with his vehicle.

* His actions in hiding from the police and then shooting himself to try to evade capture.

* Presumably there will be good forensics linking him to the bomb preparation and delivery.

* His own admissions - presumably more will come out on that.

I agree that he was probably strongly influenced by the older brother but that does not mean that as a 19-yr old he was not responsible for his actions.

I am against the death penalty on principle so wouldn't support it in this case, but there seems to be little question as to his guilt.
Reply 24
Original post by Aj12
People find it hard to believe you are innocent when you are seen on CCTV planting bombs, get involved in a gunfight with police, shoot an officer and are found hiding in someone's garden

Being in possession of a small arsenal of IED's didnt really help their case either...
Reply 25
He supposedly phoned his uncle yesterday from the hospital, saying "Forgive me"?
Reply 26
To me, personally, I'm impartial. But I've got a gut instinct. That he perhaps isn't as guilty as it is made out, or that there is a whole other story to it which we are not being told. There's been various other pictures of people on their cell phones during the time the bomb went off and with backpacks. Also, the fact that 'The Craft' vans were already present during the scene before the bombs went off. I'm not saying I'm totally Alex Jones but I definately believe his questions are valid and do need addressing. He posts his opinions on infowars.com
Reply 27
I thought he couldn't speak due to the wound in his throat?
Reply 28
Original post by Arianto
He supposedly phoned his uncle yesterday from the hospital, saying "Forgive me"?

What a loser
Reply 29
Original post by Kousar
I thought he couldn't speak due to the wound in his throat?

Unconfirmed/rumours for now I suppose, the info's probably like chinese whispers.
Original post by Kousar
To me, personally, I'm impartial. But I've got a gut instinct. That he perhaps isn't as guilty as it is made out, or that there is a whole other story to it which we are not being told. There's been various other pictures of people on their cell phones during the time the bomb went off and with backpacks. Also, the fact that 'The Craft' vans were already present during the scene before the bombs went off. I'm not saying I'm totally Alex Jones but I definately believe his questions are valid and do need addressing. He posts his opinions on infowars.com

He might have gotten caught up with/brainwashed with whatever it was his brother was trying to achieve. But assuming that's true, it's not really an excuse.

You don't have to be the mastermind behind a terrorist plot to be a terrorist.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
You are going to have to overlook a lot of things to conclude that he had no part in it.

* He was photographed on the scene with his brother and then fled with his brother, running him over with his vehicle.

* His actions in hiding from the police and then shooting himself to try to evade capture.

* Presumably there will be good forensics linking him to the bomb preparation and delivery.

* His own admissions - presumably more will come out on that.

I agree that he was probably strongly influenced by the older brother but that does not mean that as a 19-yr old he was not responsible for his actions.

I am against the death penalty on principle so wouldn't support it in this case, but there seems to be little question as to his guilt.

I'm just not as quick to believe the media as others. I'm unsure really, maybe he is guilty but the reporting on this one is dodgy as hell which makes me suspicious and so now I'm just questioning the whole thing. I'll form a more solid opinion as the case progresses.
Original post by llessur123
I'm just not as quick to believe the media as others. I'm unsure really, maybe he is guilty but the reporting on this one is dodgy as hell which makes me suspicious and so now I'm just questioning the whole thing. I'll form a more solid opinion as the case progresses.

There were some errors made in the chaos of the early reports, but the evidence that the two brothers were involved is overwhelming. The conspiracy theories on the topic are coming from extremist Islamic sources.
Reply 33
Until I actually see CCTV of him planting the bomb I will view him as an innocent man.
Reply 34
There were some errors made in the chaos of the early reports, but the evidence that the two brothers were involved is overwhelming. The conspiracy theories on the topic are coming from extremist Islamic sources.

Alex Jones is an extremist Islamic source? lololol
Original post by GPODT
Alex Jones is an extremist Islamic source? lololol

Jones is just a nut.

Interestingly, this.

Obviously, Tamerlan listened to Alex Jones's popular and usually looney radio show Infowars
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/apparently-tamerin-tsarnaev-influences-include-alex-jones-radical-exorcist/64509/
Original post by GPODT
Until I actually see CCTV of him planting the bomb I will view him as an innocent man.

Well, you can believe any old rubbish, that doesn't make it either true or relevant.
Reply 37
Well, you can believe any old rubbish, that doesn't make it either true or relevant.

At this moment of time, neither you nor me, has seen any CCTV of him placing the bombs. Until we have, your view point is as strong (or weak) as mine. The media reporting something doesn't constitute evidence to me.
Original post by GPODT
At this moment of time, neither you nor me, has seen any CCTV of him placing the bombs. Until we have, your view point is as strong (or weak) as mine. The media reporting something doesn't constitute evidence to me.

I suspect no amount of evidence is sufficient to convince the true conspiracy buff.
Reply 39
http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA

http://www.infowars.com/contractors-at-boston-marathon-stood-near-bomb-left-before-detonation/comment-page-10/#comments

These are by no means reliable sources but do at least provide an alternative viewpoint to what happened.

The most striking thing is the BBC's lack of coverage concerning the near martial law instigated in Boston while the manhunt occured.

http://www.naturalnews.com/images/Boston-Martial-Law-Turret.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending