The Student Room Group

What does Annotate Mean in Art? For A

Hi..!:h:
Im Doing GCSE Art and I need annotate my Work and My teacher said to 'annotate' a piece of work i created and I don't get it
I sketched this Portrait and i did nice effects and that and all i need to do to finish it..is to annotate it..:confused:
Does Annotate Mean you have to Write about that piece of work and describe it and What do i need to do is to improve it?? :work:I need Help!?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
I have always just waffled in my annotation and I came out with A*. xD

Basically, include things such as; techniques you used, what you like about it, what you could have done differently, how it links to the rest of your work (i.e. previously researched artists? themes? observations?). Why you chose to to those 'nice effects' and describe/explain certain aspects of the piece, such as colour, or shape. If there is anything 'interesting' or unique, talk about it.

You're basically pulling apart the piece of work you have done and analysing it, to try and understand how you could improve it, if you were to re-created the piece.

Annotation, should essentially be about developing you're ideas in the written form.

E: Okay, GCSE Bitesize might also help you for this one. Try reading through these;
Annotating Your Own Work
Annotating for Artist Research
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending