Climate Change: The Facts 11%
A Game of Polo With A Headless Goat 4%
A Passage To Africa 50%
The Explorer's Daughter 7%
Explorers, Or Boys Messing About? 0%
Taking on the World 11%
Chinese Cinderella14%
Total votes: 28
So this is the first thread with a poll where students who are going to sit for their edexcel igcse English language A exam on may 20th 2013 can vote as to which anthologies they think are most likely to come up.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it wont be either:
Touching the Void
Explorers or boys messing about
Your Guide to Beach Safety

this isn't guaranteed but im very certain after consulting numerous people and checking past papers since 2002
Original post by premw
it wont be either:
Touching the Void
Explorers or boys messing about
Your Guide to Beach Safety

this isn't guaranteed but im very certain after consulting numerous people and checking past papers since 2002

guide to beach safety has already been used in Jan 2013
Reply 3
Okay.. Don't forget to vote :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by you-only-live-once

Which is why it won't come up..
Original post by you-only-live-once

Really? Was it in colour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by premw
Which is why it won't come up..

ohhh so sorry i thought you meant it MIGHT come up. SORRY!!
Guide to Beach safety is the only one you can be 99% sure won't come up. Not only was it in the paper from a few months ago, but the cost to Edexcel for printing goodness knows how many colour copies would've been really high...I'm pretty sure the Greenpeace webpage won't come up either - again, the cost of printing in colour for the summer exams (where you've got loads more people than in January) would be really high.

I think it will be A Passage to Africa or Chinese Cinderella. I guess that Taking on the World and The Explorer's Daughter are just as likely to come up, but I'm really hoping it's the other two :P
im hoping passage to africa comes their chances of taking on the world coming to is there a poll for paper 2
Reply 9
You missed off the Greenpeace website? About climate change?
Reply 10
Why are we so sure about passage to africa?
I think it will be From Taking on the World. Does anyone know which section B anthology texts came up in January 2013, June 12 and Jan 12? Thanks
Original post by fishal
Why are we so sure about passage to africa?

no idea...from what teachers are telling us I guess :P
Last year's prediction was right. Hopefully it will be the same this year.
can anyone tell me what passage was used in Jan 2011?
Sooo... how likely do you think 'A Passage to Africa' will come up?
Reply 15
What about paper 2.
Reply 16
I thought climate change: the facts was no longer going to be there and that it would be the greenpeace webpage
Reply 17
what's likely to come from section b?
Reply 18
I can't be sure of which ones are coming up, obviously, though I'm guessing that the most unlikely ones for Section A are: "From Touching The Void", "Your Guide To Beach Safety", "From a Game of Polo with a Headless Goat" and "Explorers, or boys messing about?". Then, as you guys sais before, the Greenpeace one is probably unlikely too. The ones I mentioned are probably not comming up, as they did come up fairly recently, but who knows!

I'm guessing that the Climate Change one and "From a Passage to Africa" are probably the most likely, but I have no idea, to be honest.

And, @Fatema110, I think that the unlikely ones for Section B are "Out, Out-", "Refugee Blues" and "Veronica". I hope that is of any help! :3
Reply 19
@zomi in which year did refugee blues come? disabled also can't come as it came in jan 2013.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending