The Student Room Group

confused

hi everyone,
can nyone let me know regarding best universities and colleges accepting international students in medicine ,is it really necessary to go through UKCAT OR BMAT as international student or IELTS would work???????????????????????????????
no one is there to help me with it , i should have not joined TSR:frown:
Try to give people several hours / days to get back to you - the people that know the answer don't check for new threads all the time :wink:

I am reasonably certain you do need to take the UKCAT (and possibly BMAT depending on your university choices) even if you are applying from abroad.

However, at least for the UKCAT:

Exempt candidates

Please note we will not accept any requests for exemption until 1 May 2013.

Requests for exemption must be submitted by 5pm on 20th September 2013. Any applications received after this date will not be considered.

You may be exempt from the test on geographic grounds if you live and are educated in a country where we do not offer the test. Please ensure you check here first to see if a local test centre is available before making a request for exemption.

If you think you are exempt from the test then you need to complete this form.

UKCAT will consider your application and if you meet the criteria will issue you (by email) with an exemption number. This means that you do not need to take the test and your chosen medical or dental schools will consider your application without a test result. UKCAT will inform your chosen Universities that you are exempt from the test. You do not need to contact them directly.

If you believe you might be exempt from the test on any other grounds (e.g. medical) please contact UKCAT directly.

Please note that exemptions granted by UKCAT are relevant to your ability to take the test during the current test cycle and do not relate to any other aspect of the admissions processes operated by your chosen Universities.

So you may be able to avoid the test depending on the country you live in. However, universities have a hard choice differentiating candidates already & so if you can take the test, I would personally recommend it because it might just make you stand out from others - depending on the results of course :smile:

Look here for further details / Explore which countries the test is offered in: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/who-takes-the-test/exempt-candidates/
(edited 11 years ago)
YA i do agree with u , people are really bsy , though thanks for your help**
Original post by sarita goraniya
hi everyone,
can nyone let me know regarding best universities and colleges accepting international students in medicine ,is it really necessary to go through UKCAT OR BMAT as international student or IELTS would work???????????????????????????????

Have you found TSR's medicine wiki... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine
Lots of info there
thanks pastaferian , atleast got some waY:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending