The Student Room Group

Burma slice kids and burn them on the spot

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MENDACIUM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22023830

Just outside the town centre people stop to look at a blackened patch of ground. This is where at least 20 Muslim boys were taken, from a madrassa, and hacked to death, their bodies soaked in petrol and set alight. Fragments of charred bones still lie in the ashes, beside discarded shoes.

No sticky TSR? 20 children taken , sliced to death and burnt alive ? What happened to the media after the tragic newtown school massacre?

A terrible crime. I hadn't heard of this until now.

FYI threads like these aren't always stickied.
Original post by Sephiroth
People over here are very narrow minded. If it's not western Europe or the US then it doesn't exist.

As if the news services in other countries aren't equally 'biased'?

And not 'people', which implies all, but 'most people'.

When it comes down to it the individuals most aware of what's going on the world over come from the 'western world', so either bash all of humanity for its generally biased interest in that which relates most to the individual/group the individual belongs to, or shut the **** up with this 'oh no, the west is evil and doesn't care' bull****.

That and (not really surprising, I guess) you seem to have forgotten that Australia, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, and a number of other places exist. Or are you going to claim that we ignore them to?
(edited 10 years ago)
OP, you're trying to get a reaction but it's not working. The reason being is because it's not interesting, there are just so many times when one can say "absolutely disgusting, what is the world coming to? :frown:". This sort of stuff happens all the time in non-westernized countries, my emotions are a results of a series of chemical reactions and these chemicals are growing tired.

The events were devastating, but i cant say im completely emotionally hinged.
Reply 23
Original post by Ilyas
OP, you're trying to get a reaction but it's not working. The reason being is because it's not interesting, there are just so many times when one can say "absolutely disgusting, what is the world coming to? :frown:". This sort of stuff happens all the time in non-westernized countries, my emotions are a results of a series of chemical reactions and these chemicals are growing tired.

The events were devastating, but i cant say im completely emotionally hinged.

Nothing surprises you about 20 kids being taken. hacked to death, and burnt on the spot, but a random gun man firing at a cinema in aurora does?
Reply 24
This is really sad and something has to be done about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
WOW. Is this not reminiscient of what Hitler said of the JEWS?

"969 stickers'"We Buddhist Burmese are too soft," he told me. "We lack patriotic pride.
"They - the Muslims - are good at business, they control transport, construction. Now they are taking over our political parties. If this goes on, we will end up like Afghanistan or Indonesia.""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22023830

Muslims in Burma have been pushed to camps now.

This is exactly what I thought. There is another Hitler in the world, this time after Muslims, and nobody is doing anything to stop this ?! This is crazy !!!! Brutal. Something must be done to stop this, but what ? I want this to end. Killing innocent people is wrong on every level.
Reply 26
Original post by Umar1
Are you actually trying to defend this abhorrent act?

You are so prolific in making threads about terror attacks committed by Muslim extremists, But why not do same when muslims are at the other end?

Is it justified because they are muslims and their lives are not worth the same?

Or is it justified because they are supposedly fighting off "Islamic invaders"? (By burning kids).

How can these muslims in Burma infiltrate the Burmese government if most of them are denied citizenship?

This is despite the majority of them living their for centuries.

Could you also provide proof of muslims infiltrating the government in Burma?

Even if they are I don't think they are doing a great job with the government and police turning a blind eye and the supposed defender of democracy and human rights Aung Suu Kyi staying silent.

Your language and those of some monks who not only justify but encourage these acts are reminiscent of the Nazis rhetoric concerning the Jews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also shocked at the responses here. "Sad, but not worth my time." "**** happens every single day."

I am utterly shocked, and dismayed. How can a person even become jaded to atrocities such as this? If you imagine yourself in the situation of these young boys, imagine yourself being taken out of school and being cut up, seeing your mates being cut up and knowing you are next ! How can one become jaded to this ?!
Original post by Sammi_K?
This is exactly what I thought. There is another Hitler in the world, this time after Muslims, and nobody is doing anything to stop this ?! This is crazy !!!! Brutal. Something must be done to stop this, but what ? I want this to end. Killing innocent people is wrong on every level.

Lol Hitler, after Muslims? More like Muslims after the Jews and the infidels. Let's not act as if there is more extremism from any other group than Muslims.

You're on the wrong side of the debate here. This event is a one off. This is not happening worldwide to all Muslims, although, things such as this are occuring to non-Muslims all over the world. (At the hand of Muslims)

Religious violence is 90+ % by Islam because it's still active in achieving supremacy over mankind for the sake of their God. All other religions, are not plotting to conquer the world. Islam is.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by slickrick666999
Lol Hitler, after Muslims? More like Muslims after the Jews and the infidels. Let's not act as if there is more extremism from any other group than Muslims.

You're on the wrong side of the debate here. This event is a one off. This is not happening worldwide to all Muslims, although, things such as this are occuring to non-Muslims all over the world.

Speaking about 'muslims being after the jews' please look here:

London exhibition to showcase Muslims who saved Jews during Holocaust

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/life-style/art-and-culture/2013/04/19/London-exhibition-to-showcase-Muslims-who-saved-Jews-during-Holocaust.html
Reply 29
Original post by Sammi_K?
I'm also shocked at the responses here. "Sad, but not worth my time." "**** happens every single day."

I am utterly shocked, and dismayed. How can a person even become jaded to atrocities such as this? If you imagine yourself in the situation of these young boys, imagine yourself being taken out of school and being cut up, seeing your mates being cut up and knowing you are next ! How can one become jaded to this ?!

No-one is dismayed or jaded. Everyones emotions open up like fresh wound as soon as it's a Caucasian with a nice car, a lawn, a big house and so on and so forth.

I live in England, and i love America and the culture more or less. But i can see through the bias.
Nothing surprises you about 20 kids being taken. hacked to death, and burnt on the spot, but a random gun man firing at a cinema in aurora does?

I'm not completely emotionally hinged as it's common.

A cinema shooting is more relevant to me as I may visit the cinema, so there's a bit of natural self-interest laying there.

I'm not evil, this is simple psychology.
If you guys have ever heard of BestGore, youll know things like this happen on a daily basis around the world, Latin America namely.

Media choose what they want to make a story on. I think they just try hard to show that the world isnt in complete chaos.
Original post by G8D
Or they just know that most people simply wouldn't care.

And that they need to sell newspapers and make profit, its too far gone that all they can do is make one big story on it all, but not continual stories on it, because as bad as it sounds they wont make any money.
Reply 33
Bit scary that things like this are happening in the world.
Reply 34
Truth is that if this was an act committed by Muslims the thread would be 10+ pages by now.
Reply 35
Original post by GPODT
Truth is that if this was an act committed by Muslims the thread would be 10+ pages by now.

So true..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by slickrick666999

You're on the wrong side of the debate here. This event is a one off. This is not happening worldwide to all Muslims, although, things such as this are occuring to non-Muslims all over the world. (At the hand of Muslims)

Religious violence is 90+ % by Islam because it's still active in achieving supremacy over mankind for the sake of their God. All other religions, are not plotting to conquer the world. Islam is.

Lol.. The only reason it's 90% by Islam is because the media purposely portrays it to be like that! Out of nowhere they will link any attacks with Islam .. And the funny thing is people are over the whole Islam terrorist issue because people day by day are getting educated in the propaganda used in the media to portray Islam in such a way..
When a non-Muslim person commits a serious crime (bombing or shootings) then he would be classified with a mental illness.. If a Muslim does anything.. He is a TERRORIST belonging to alqaeeda!?!?
A joke..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Awful, I can't think of any other word to describe it.
Makes me so angry. Heartbreaking :frown:
Reply 39
Original post by HopefulMidwife
Makes me so angry. Heartbreaking :frown:

I was full of anger at my lack of ability to do anything on my own. Numbers and influence is needed, and most of tsr is enveloped in apathy.

Quick Reply

Latest