The Student Room Group

A Level Choices Help!!

So I dropped out of college last year November because I wasn't on the course that I wanted to be on at all now I've agreed to go back to my secondary school this September but I have no idea on what I want to study. I don't even know what career I want (which is normal as I'm on 16) but I'm worried I'll spend my time studying A-Levels that won't help me in the future. I'm thinking about studying psychology at the moment but what if my plan changes. What is this a just a temporary idea for the future. I'm super confused!!! :frown: I'm a creative person you see but I worry about money and whether or not I'll have enough to live off of in the future

I have interests in Art, Media, Drama, Psychology and Biology
but Nooo clue on what to do. Any help?

In advance
Thank You x
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by FinTheHuman
So I dropped out of college last year November because I wasn't on the course that I wanted to be on at all now I've agreed to go back to my secondary school this September but I have no idea on what I want to study. I don't even know what career I want (which is normal as I'm on 16) but I'm worried I'll spend my time studying A-Levels that won't help me in the future. I'm thinking about studying psychology at the moment but what if my plan changes. What is this a just a temporary idea for the future. I'm super confused!!! :frown:

I have intrestests in Art, Media, Drama, Psychology and Biology
but Nooo clue on what to do. Any help?

In advance
Thank You x

When you say you're thinking about studying Psychology, is that at A level or as a degree? Just so that we can help you out a little bit :smile:

Even though you don't know what specific career you want, do you know what area you want to go into? (e.g. Healthcare, science, business, humanities etc.)
Reply 2
I would probably say maths (up to AS depending on ability) English, biology and psychology would be good I guess though subjects like English can be swapped if you don't have interest ! Try look through some university psychology courses and pick out subjects that they may require but I believe psy/bio/maths is usually a 'required' just 1 though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending