The Student Room Group

mike tyson training and diet

hi guys

wondering if anyone knows mike tyson lifting workout plan and diet ? real motivation I want to look similar like him. I'm 20 159lb 23% bf and 5ft8 how long do you rekon It would take me to achieve a physique like iron mike ?
Reply 1
When he was a lot younger (i.e. teens) he used to do a fair amount of powerlifting but for the peak of his pro career - aside from the normal boxing training, Tyson much prefered bodyweight exercises to weights for strength and conditioning and he did millions of reps. Later on, he did get back into weight training (and probably gear too) and packed on more size.

You have to remember that he was very genetically gifted though. Even as a 16 year old, he was pretty jacked.

To be honest, you will probably never get a physique like Mike Tyson.
Reply 2
Heh i dont know his diet can't you find it online? And i think about 4 - 6 months if you dedicate about an hour a day to skipping boxing and jogging/running. Meanwhile maybe it would help if you try to find contentment in your current bodyshape (even if only in the thought that you have got the desire (determination), ability, strength and ability to improve your health and physique. Where theres a will theres a way and all that. I think he ate raw eggs btw not sure tho, maybe you could google it. Good luck mate
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
thanks mate, nice find !

Original post by Mark85
When he was a lot younger (i.e. teens) he used to do a fair amount of powerlifting but for the peak of his pro career - aside from the normal boxing training, Tyson much prefered bodyweight exercises to weights for strength and conditioning and he did millions of reps. Later on, he did get back into weight training (and probably gear too) and packed on more size.

You have to remember that he was very genetically gifted though. Even as a 16 year old, he was pretty jacked.

To be honest, you will probably never get a physique like Mike Tyson.

thanks for the info mate, no problem in trying...ill give it a go ! haha

Original post by pepsay
Heh i dont know his diet can't you find it online? And i think about 4 - 6 months if you dedicate about an hour a day to skipping boxing and jogging/running. Meanwhile maybe it would help if you try to find contentment in your current bodyshape (even if only in the thought that you have got the desire (determination), ability, strength and ability to improve your health and physique. Where theres a will theres a way and all that. I think he ate raw eggs btw not sure tho, maybe you could google it. Good luck mate

cantt find his diet online aswell. im currently doing skipping and jogging + running on treadmill also lifting weights. thanks for the response
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by thaistick
thanks for the info mate, no problem in trying...ill give it a go ! haha

I didn't mean to be discouraging. I just meant that it is pointless to point to a person and say "I want to look like him".

You just never will. Everyone has a different frame and different genetic make-up. Focus on actually attainable goals like gaining muscle or losing fat. In other words, looking like a better version of yourself. Also, break it down too - don't go from being soft and average sized to training until you look like a 200lb beast. If that ever happens, it would take solid years of eating and training.

Quick Reply

Latest