The Student Room Group

What areas should a girl shave?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by edithwashere
I'm shaving my head and growing my body hair free and wild*. Most of the guys on this thread won't like it. But who cares? It's my body, and I'll do what I like with it. If people don't like it, that's their problem not mine.

*a little part of me is doing it to give a huge two fingers up at the people who think they can dictate what women should or shouldn't do with their bodies. just because I can.

Now, let's bring on the negs. I know they're coming. Because god forbid a woman be proud of something that occurs naturally on her body, right? :biggrin:

oh god,

you're one of those women
sigh
Original post by DH.
oh god,

you're one of those women
sigh

oh god, you're one of those men. I feel for you bro, it must be so difficult for you :rolleyes:
I'm shaving my head and growing my body hair free and wild*. Most of the guys on this thread won't like it. But who cares? It's my body, and I'll do what I like with it. If people don't like it, that's their problem not mine.

*a little part of me is doing it to give a huge two fingers up at the people who think they can dictate what women should or shouldn't do with their bodies. just because I can.

Now, let's bring on the negs. I know they're coming. Because god forbid a woman be proud of something that occurs naturally on her body, right? :biggrin:

I remove my body hair, because I want too. You leave your body hair, fair enough. It's hardly something to be proud of either way though :s-smilie:
Reply 23
I once shaved my eyebrows :facepalm: Never again.

Anyway I shave everywhere that I get hair really. Every week/2 weeks if I'm feeling lazy :K:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahthegemini
I remove my body hair, because I want too. You leave your body hair, fair enough. It's hardly something to be proud of either way though :s-smilie:

When people hurl abuse at you online and in real life for daring to have body hair, then I'll certainly be proud to flaunt it, just to piss them off. I'm not saying it's not okay for women to shave, if you want to be bald as a babys bum then you rock it girl. Just as I'm sure you're proud of your appearance, I am proud of mine. No need to undermine it just because it makes me happy to be that way.
When people hurl abuse at you online and in real life for daring to have body hair, then I'll certainly be proud to flaunt it, just to piss them off. I'm not saying it's not okay for women to shave, if you want to be bald as a babys bum then you rock it girl. Just as I'm sure you're proud of your appearance, I am proud of mine. No need to undermine it just because it makes me happy to be that way.

No you've misunderstood. I'm not undermining your decision, what I'm saying is this: what somebody does with their body hair isn't something that you/they should be proud of as such, it's not like winning an award or something. I think the word proud is bizarre word to use in this context.
Original post by sarahthegemini
No you've misunderstood. I'm not undermining your decision, what I'm saying is this: what somebody does with their body hair isn't something that you/they should be proud of as such, it's not like winning an award or something. I think the word proud is bizarre word to use in this context.

I dunno, the word works for me. Perhaps I'll be confident in myself regardless of others opinions? Is that better?

I'm proud to be myself, whether that's bald or hairy or wearing a sombrero. I won't let other people's opinions on my appearance define me.
Personally, shave legs and armpits, wax downstairs. Arms are fine unless its like, thick dark hair. IMO
I personally shave everywhere, I love that smooth feeling you get when you're freshly shaved :tongue:
Reply 29
However she feels comfortable. Why would her hair be any business of mine?

Good for you! We need to have more women not being pressured to wax/shave what their bf wants.
Having said that I do shave/wax but because I choose to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31

I'm all for you doing what you want because you want to and it's your own aesthetic and personal preference, but you don't seem to be doing it for those reasons and just come across as extremely childish tbh.
Original post by Converse
I'm all for you doing what you want because you want to and it's your own aesthetic and personal preference, but you don't seem to be doing it for those reasons and just come across as extremely childish tbh.

That's your opinion. I want to do it and it's my personal preference too, I just didn't mention it. perhaps if I was less outspoken about it you'd be happier?
Reply 33
That's your opinion. I want to do it and it's my personal preference too, I just didn't mention it. perhaps if I was less outspoken about it you'd be happier?

What a random assumption to make, especially given that I never in any way suggested that I was unhappy with the fact that you were outspoken.

Your agenda has become obvious. Nothing more will likely come from continued communication, so I'll leave you be.
Reply 34
Women should shave wherever they feel like. Where was that option on the poll?

Like, seriously. I choose to shave but if a guy couldn't cope with a bit of underarm hair then I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have a future anyway...
Reply 35

You're awesome.

I think you're awesome. I get rid of my body hair because I don't like the feel of it catching against my clothes but you should definitely be proud to stand up against the patriachy. I almost feel unfeminist with smooth underarms and legs...
Original post by SmallTownGirl
I almost feel unfeminist with smooth underarms and legs...

Yeah, because you can't believe in equal rights and shave your legs :rolleyes:
I think anywhere that hair grows should be shaved, waxed, epilated, plucked, veeted or whatever, except the hair on your head, and a small amount of eyebrow.

What never ceases to amaze me is how many girls remove hair on their legs, underarms and vejayjay but tolerate a forest on their forearms. Why?????

Shaven head, hairy body. You're gay, right?

Quick Reply

Latest