The Student Room Group

Girlfriend says passion has fizzled out, wants space

Over the last month or so me and my girlfriend basically spent every day together as we both were on holiday from uni/college. Over this period of time we got along well mostly however we didn't have sex as often as i'd have liked to.

Last week when i returned to university following the holidays i noticed that she wasn't texting me or wanting to talk to me anywhere near as much as usual so i asked her if everything was okay to which she replied that it was.

I returned home at the weekend to see her and realised that she didn't have the usual excitement that she does after we haven't seen each other for a week. When i tried kissing her she pretty much refused and blamed it on me having a cough however i know that this wasn't the real reason.

On Sunday before coming back to university we had a row as she was being very snappy with me when i was trying to make general conversation. Following this row i sent her a text apologising, she said it was okay but that she felt weird. I asked her why she was feeling weird and she said that she didn't know, in the following days since i have been trying to get it out of her and i did last night.

I went on her facebook page and saw her talking to a friend saying that i'd annoyed her and she was thinking about breaking up with me when she goes to uni but she didn't know. I shouldn't have checked her fb but i did, mainly due to me having no idea why she was being 'weird' and becoming increasingly worried. I have been at university for 2 years and have returned home to see her most weekends so this hurt me as she had previously told me she wouldn't ditch me when she went.

Following this i called her last night for a talk and she said she wanted to talk in person on Friday, i took this as a bad sign as we have always said if things were coming to an end we would do it in person. I made sure i told her how much i loved her on the phone last night and she finally opened up and said she feels like i show too many insecurities by constantly thinking she's in a mood. She also said that she feels like the passion has fizzled out in the relationship and that i don't make as much of an effort anymore. She said that she wasn't going to break up with me on friday but that she wanted some space till we see each other to think about things.

I'm glad she opened up to me however i can't tell her about the messages i saw or it will certainly come to an end. I do really care about this girl but most the time we try getting intimate it's her who says she's not feeling it or isn't in the mood so i don't really know what more i can do. I want to make things work between us as we've been seeing each other for almost 2 years and she is a huge part of my life.

Any advice would be appreciated
Give her the space she asks for, and she might come back to you. But then again she might not. Either way, prepare for the worst just in case. It's most likely that she doesn't feel the same as she used to any more, and that she wants a break to see how things go. Try and go with what she wants and be understanding because if it is the case that she wants to break up then she will be ver reluctnat to tell you for fear of hurting you so much.

Don't be overly depressed about it, but this happens to everyone, so it might be now that it happens to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending