The Student Room Group

is anyone doing edexcel arabic as or a levels or has already done it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by -Nour-
How long do you guys thing I should spend on the essay part? how should I split up my timing? thanks x

well, the exam is 2 hours 45 minutes, so have plenty of time, no need to hurry & take your time!

i'd say spend about 20 minutes on comprehension, 5-10 minutes on tahreek, 30 minutes on translation, then 1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes for your essay making it perfect. this leaves you with an additional 15 minutes to recheck your work (: x
Reply 21
Original post by rainbow321
well, the exam is 2 hours 45 minutes, so have plenty of time, no need to hurry & take your time!

i'd say spend about 20 minutes on comprehension, 5-10 minutes on tahreek, 30 minutes on translation, then 1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes for your essay making it perfect. this leaves you with an additional 15 minutes to recheck your work (: x

that sounds perfect i will deffo follow this! thank yooou x
Reply 22
Original post by -Nour-

haha, no problem, let me know how it goes tomorrow :wink:
Reply 23
Original post by -Nour-

how did you find itttt (:, i thought that was a much better paper than last year! (Y)
Reply 24
Is anybody going to discuss the arabic exam .
In the last question (essay ) are we meant to invite someone to an arab country or did we get invited
Reply 25
We were meant to invite someone to an arab country :smile: I really hope I pass I mentioned a lot of countries :frown:
Reply 26
Original post by rainbow321
how did you find itttt (:, i thought that was a much better paper than last year! (Y)

I dont really know, i dont know if it went well or if i completely failed it. The essay question was on the same topic as my gcse exam and i felt like i shouldnt go over the word limit incase they dont mark the rest. I would have liked to write much more if it wasnt for the word limit!
Reply 27
Hi,

Is anyone doing the A2 exam on Monday?

Can't figure out if you need to answer a text AND topic question (for the essay bit) or if you can just answer two topic questions.. :confused:

HELP

*Topics= History/culture/soci-culture
*Texts= the 3 book questions
I think you can do the two topics without doing the text and vice versa. Anyone one else doing qindil ummu hashim or allis wal kilab ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
so what mark did get at the end? im doing the AS and A2 in 2 weeks
Reply 30
Is there any vocabulary list for Liss wal kilab? (thief and the dogs)
Reply 31
Im doing the thief and the dogs to in 11 june , what do you mean by vocabulary? I can help you if you want i've got short samples of the story and i got different techniques on the story, arabic a level teacher teaches me private the one i know
Reply 32
As in a glossary of English - Arabic words that come up in the book.

I'm going to be doing A2 from Sept and the teacher has warned us there is a lot of vocabulary to accumulate (our class is mainly Non-Arab)

So basically wanted to learn as much vocab before the course started if you or anyone else had any vocab lists for the book.

Thanks
Hey guys! How did you find today's exam?
Reply 34
i loved the question, but i messed up the last question, i ran out of time.
i thought i had alot of time so i ended up wasting soo much time just chilling and looking around...
i wrote like a page and a half.
Original post by Raizel
i loved the question, but i messed up the last question, i ran out of time.
i thought i had alot of time so i ended up wasting soo much time just chilling and looking around...
i wrote like a page and a half.

Hahaha same here, I started contemplating about life until I realized I had an hour left. I actually thought the translation was the most provoking question, the first sentence of the second paragraph didn't make sense at all.
Reply 36
Original post by kablackspectrum
Hahaha same here, I started contemplating about life until I realized I had an hour left. I actually thought the translation was the most provoking question, the first sentence of the second paragraph didn't make sense at all.

yeah the title of the question I had no idea what it was so I just translated it to The institution.
but yeah man i am kinda disappointed, i was acting all smug thinking 2 hours and 45 min is alot so i was thinking about random crap that was irrelevant and spent about 30 mins trying to find words that are locked away in my head.
I was at the back of the hall with about 200 students in front of me and some fool doing gcse english exam who refused to give the teacher his phone after the teacher had seen that he had it. I had half an hour to do the essay =/
anyways alhamdulillah it wasn't a bad paper inshallah we both get A's.
Reply 37
Original post by Raizel
yeah the title of the question I had no idea what it was so I just translated it to The institution.
but yeah man i am kinda disappointed, i was acting all smug thinking 2 hours and 45 min is alot so i was thinking about random crap that was irrelevant and spent about 30 mins trying to find words that are locked away in my head.
I was at the back of the hall with about 200 students in front of me and some fool doing gcse english exam who refused to give the teacher his phone after the teacher had seen that he had it. I had half an hour to do the essay =/
anyways alhamdulillah it wasn't a bad paper inshallah we both get A's.

I think the title was called الخلوة right? Doesn't that mean something to do with being isolated or something?
Reply 38
Original post by Ozy96
I think the title was called الخلوة right? Doesn't that mean something to do with being isolated or something?

Yes you are right, nice one.
Hey, hope everyone's exam went well.
I also spent quite a bit of time thinking/planning and had to rush to make sure I finished on time.
What did you all think of the last question?
What were the main points you spoke about in the last? I hope I did it right :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending