The Student Room Group

Anyone started their masters before getting their undergrad results?

Hi, ok this may be a stupid question but I was wondering if its possible to start an MSc before I get the results of my Bachelors?
The reasoning behind this is Im doing my undergrad with the open university and my last module isn't due to finish until the first week of Oct next year which is when my chosen masters will start.

Luckily there isn't an exam for my last module, I just have to submit my research project which I can do online so there's no reason I can't be on campus for the start of term. The only problem is the OU most likely wont release my results until December some time.

I'm on track to get a good result ( its predicted that I'll get a first but I still have 60 credits to go) and the requirement for my masters is a 2:1. The main reason I don't want to wait another year is I'll be 28 when I finish my bachelors and would really rather complete my MSc before Im 30.

Thanks for reading
Original post by Carlyh86
Hi, ok this may be a stupid question but I was wondering if its possible to start an MSc before I get the results of my Bachelors?
The reasoning behind this is Im doing my undergrad with the open university and my last module isn't due to finish until the first week of Oct next year which is when my chosen masters will start.

Luckily there isn't an exam for my last module, I just have to submit my research project which I can do online so there's no reason I can't be on campus for the start of term. The only problem is the OU most likely wont release my results until December some time.

I'm on track to get a good result ( its predicted that I'll get a first but I still have 60 credits to go) and the requirement for my masters is a 2:1. The main reason I don't want to wait another year is I'll be 28 when I finish my bachelors and would really rather complete my MSc before Im 30.

Thanks for reading

I think you need to get your overall grade first. You can still apply for masters before getting your result as you already know I assume. Your best bet would be applying for your masters in January as they have different intake start dates which usually is September and January. Check on the entry section and it will show the start dates there. You can wait a few months worst case scenario.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending