The Student Room Group

Have you ever had false rumours about you that people believe to be true??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I had my appendix removed a while ago after taking I'll in school... And it went around college I had given birth through a c section.
Gosh I must have looked blumn well bloated. Needless as to say it was started by that one kid I presume everyone had/has at their school... The kid who even makes rumours up about themselves for attention.
Reply 41
A girl spread around that I was a lesbian when I was in year 8 or so though I am completely straight (though not homophobic).
It also spread that I was dating one of my best friends so she was also branded a lesbian.
Apart from a few whispers and people asking me if I was really a lesbian, nothing much happened and the rumour died down quickly.
The girl who started the rumour came out the closet nearly 2 years ago now.
I think she wanted to see what people thought of lesbians before she came out or something. :tongue:
Everyone at my secondary school, thought I had a list of people I was planning to murder. Someone made a joke about me (nothing bad really, but at my expense), so I replied, "Your name vill go on... ze list!"

Then everyone started asking if they were on the list, and I said yes and no randomly, and eventually everyone thought this thing actually existed.
People often spread them maliciously and it ends up resorting to violence. I hate people who constantly bitch and gossip it is uneccessary.
The Government is actually fixing the economy.
Reply 45
When I was 14 a lad told people that my friend and I took turns kissing him down an alleyway and that he'd fingered me and my friend gave him a ****. A few people believed him. In reality neither of us had anything to do with him and I hadn't even had my first kiss yet...
Reply 46
Funny enough, I've never been a victim of a false rumour before. At least not from what I can remember.
I was never a "popular girl" in school.

I guess the rumour started in junior high. I still don't know what the rumour was, but by the time I reached year 12, most of the girls in my class didn't want to have contact with me.
But I'm pretty sure it was some ****ty rumour because a classmate who didn't have a problem with me said that the "popular girls" were spreading really bad stuff about me.

Its funny because I didn't even talk to the "populars".

I can assume that they were making fun of my virginity and my looks. I'm not the typical tall, slim, white Asian after all.
Yes :angry:. Some girl went around and told everyone that I broke her finger. Everyone believed her at the time, but now everyone knows she lies about everything. At least it was only a tiny thing for me.
Original post by Architecture-er
Because there's no children? :lol:

No, basically they have "Breeding season" where people of the opposite sex have to have intercourse and get pregnant so people can have children, but actually fancying someone of the opposite sex is wrong and you'll go to hell, apparently.
Reply 50
In Year 7, apparently someone was going round telling people that when I was in primary school, I cried because I couldn't do a maths question. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
I've had some pretty bad ones when I was younger. People saying I wanted to murder people and basically it got attention and I got questioned on it.

Though, now I just get the "he's sleeping with his gay friend", doesn't bother me as I laugh it off.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
No, basically they have "Breeding season" where people of the opposite sex have to have intercourse and get pregnant so people can have children, but actually fancying someone of the opposite sex is wrong and you'll go to hell, apparently.

Freaky, sounds quite Dionysian
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 53
My boyfriend and I were in my room when I overheard two of my housemates bitching about us and saying that another housemate is the only relationship in the house and laughing about it.

The other housemate, a guy, had a girlfriend of 4 weeks he saw 3 times since they started going out and he's had sex with 3 other girls since that time.

My boyfriend and I were together for 10 months, spend almost every day together and are completely in love with each other and everyone knows it.

It made me furious because I don't get on with my housemates (they're fake and social climbers) and they take great pleasure in me being unhappy. But I'm not unhappy, I'm ridiculously happy! So it made me really angry that they were getting satisfaction at my supposed misfortune, because they don't deserve that fake satisfaction.
Reply 54
Some people still think I'm a lesbian after a girl who I was 'best friends' with tried it on with me and I rejected her, so she got her revenge.

I dunno how some people can still take it seriously when I've been with a guy for the last 3 and a half yrs :L
that I was a lesbian (cause I didn't talk to guys much or had any celebrity crushes and just happened to go to a girls school)

and that I was anorexic (I don't really know the reason for this, I think I was just sad so my appetite was smaller)

both were started by the same girl who hadn't had much (or any) attention from guys either. and who was/ is overweight for her build and height. she would literally introduce me as an 'anorexic lesbian' but she was that person who makes up stuff so I think (well, hope that) people didn't believe it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Sort of. Basically, when I was in year 10 at school I was burnt by a firework and subsequently off for about two months. When I returned, people were asking me all sorts of [false/totally random] things and I have no idea where they even started from, people were asking if I had open heart surgery ? if it went off in my face? its so weird how total nonsense can spread around like that aha.
Reply 57
My best friend at the time said to my friendship group (of over 20 people) that I was hitting and blackmailing her. They all ditched me, I was friendless, and I moved schools for 6th form and made new, better friends.

Of course I would never hit/blackmail anyone ... I'm not sad to be rid of them anymore because they're obviously not true friends, I just can't believe I spent to much time and effort on them all.

:frown:
Its like when someone doesnt come to skl one morn.. They have an appt, but everyone assumes they are having a driving test and starts checking when they were last seen on whats app etc.......................
Then the kid comes in and gets bombarded, but all he did was go to the dentist!!!!
Dont ask, its a thing in my class not to mention when your test is so no one will know if you fail...!!
Oh, I just remembered one. I'd moved primary schools when I was about 8 or 9 and when I went up to secondary school I saw people I knew from my past primary school, who were all intent to know about whether or not I'd "pulled" a boy whose name I had never heard in my life while I was still at this primary school. They were all insistent that one of my not-really-friends had seen us and that we'd done all sorts together. Later I asked one of my friends who moved to that school the year after I left who this guy was and she said he'd started the same year she did, so I had never actually met this guy in my life :lol: He didn't end up going to that secondary school either so I never knew who he was. I was confused at the time but nowadays I find most bitchiness or rumours about me amusing, it's so much more fun to laugh at other people making up nonsense.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending