The Student Room Group

Should I dye my hair red?

Hi guys,
I really can't get a straight answer on this from my friends/family cause I seem to be getting equal numbers of 'yes' and 'no' answers!
So basically I'm asking the TSR Realm for a wider range of opinions :tongue:

I used to have my hair red and I liked it but I felt I wanted a more natural colour. I'm thinking of going red again but I don't know if I'll suit it anymore.
I have pictures in my profile so I'm asking if you guys could have a look and give me your opinion as to whether you think I should go for it.

When I say red I mean something like this colour:
Link

So, what do you think? :smile:
Reply 1
Personally, I wouldn't. Brown hair really suits you and makes your eyes stand out. I'm sure red would suit you too, but dyed hair seems like so muck upkeep and I'm more into the natural look myself.
I'd say yes. I think red would look great, I always thought your hair was red from your little picture, it looks kinda' red. :tongue: It takes a lot of upkeep though, I used to have mine red and it fades faster than Usain Bolt.
Reply 3
Original post by eliza.anne
Personally, I wouldn't. Brown hair really suits you and makes your eyes stand out. I'm sure red would suit you too, but dyed hair seems like so muck upkeep and I'm more into the natural look myself.

Yeah thats the reason I stopped with the red before cause it was quite difficult to keep up with! I just get notions ever now and then that I'd love to be a redhead :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by xStaceyy
Yeah thats the reason I stopped with the red before cause it was quite difficult to keep up with! I just get notions ever now and then that I'd love to be a redhead :tongue:

Haha yeah I get that. I've never dyed my hair so I may not be the best person to ask :tongue: I find the bright red dyed hair is so common now too, I'm not a fan xD I'm lazy too though so couldn't be bothered with all the fuss of having to maintain the colour. But I'm sure whatever you decide will look lovely :smile:
Reply 5
No I like it as it is :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I'd say yes. I think red would look great, I always thought your hair was red from your little picture, it looks kinda' red. :tongue: It takes a lot of upkeep though, I used to have mine red and it fades faster than Usain Bolt.

Aww really haha? Its always had slightly red tinges through it ever since I dyed it years ago but its pretty much gone now. Missing it! :tongue:
Reply 7
Why not just have red foils :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Lorna17
Why not just have red foils :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh never thought of that!
Reply 9
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366878711.577579.jpgI'm a natural red head but have bright red and blonde foils in mine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I think red hair would make you look like Emma Stone :smile:
its your hair, your head - if you want to dye it red then go for it.

Personally im biased as i dye my hair that kind of red anyway :smile:
Reply 12
I'd say no, personally... Although that shade of red is gorgeous but think of all the effort to upkeep it! I used to have my hair a slightly less intense shade of red than that pic and it was such a pain to keep dying it. It's been over a year and I still keep getting random red bits popping back through lol!

Ultimately, though, it is your decision and both your colour at the moment and the red do/would look lovely :smile:
Having been red twice, I can say that whilst it is a lovely colour that gives that 'wow' factor, I'd say it is almost as costly as platinum blonde. It would suit you, but it is whether or not you want to maintain the upkeep. I washed my hair once a week with cold water, but it still faded fast, even though I kept my hair healthy and used toners in between dyes.
I think red hair would look gorgeous on you! Yes, brown hair suits you too but life's too short not to try different hair colours out! ;-) I also agree with the previous poster who mentioned that you'd look a little like Emma Stone (back when she had red hair) with red hair.
Go for it. If you want to be invisible - far too many girls have that colour hair now. Personally I'm not a fan.
It requires that much upkeep that its not always worth it to be honest... I love my red hair but it costs so much in the way of sulphate free shampoos and colour depositing conditioner that sometimes i wish i didnt have it. It fades too quickly as well, its brilliant when you first dye it and then after 2 washes its just looks dull..

If you have the time and money for the upkeep then yeah go for it..
Reply 17
Red hair never leaves until it is all grown out, mine is still at the bottoms of my hair after growing it for three years!
Reply 18
Original post by xStaceyy
Hi guys,
I really can't get a straight answer on this from my friends/family cause I seem to be getting equal numbers of 'yes' and 'no' answers!
So basically I'm asking the TSR Realm for a wider range of opinions :tongue:

I used to have my hair red and I liked it but I felt I wanted a more natural colour. I'm thinking of going red again but I don't know if I'll suit it anymore.
I have pictures in my profile so I'm asking if you guys could have a look and give me your opinion as to whether you think I should go for it.

When I say red I mean something like this colour:

So, what do you think? :smile:

Hello,
I think this much looks pretty, don't add it up extra...

Quick Reply

Latest