The Student Room Group

TSR Muscle Building Society For Men V8

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6380
Original post by Motorbiker
Did you guys see the Eddie Hall AMA on twitter the other day?

Some great questions asked...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope and can't find it, link?

Though I saw him on the One Show curling and throwing a Christmas tree a week and a bit ago
Original post by BKS
Nope and can't find it, link?

Though I saw him on the One Show curling and throwing a Christmas tree a week and a bit ago

Reddit, not twitter.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Strongman/comments/2sj3xr/we_are_strongman_eddie_hall_and_filmmaker_matt/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, I hit 132.5kg bench. Video'd it in my log. Giant 17.5kg pb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, I hit 132.5kg bench. Video'd it in my log. Giant 17.5kg pb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's an incredible increase
Original post by silent ninja
That's an incredible increase

I was expecting 5kg. 10 if I was lucky.
Huge loss to the fitness industry today. RIP
I didn't use to follow Greg Plitt. He got hit by a train?
All the best people around us die early.
Decided to curl a bottle of milk (the 2.whatever litre ones) for 100 reps on one side non stop from the shop on Monday

I have given myself the worst bicep DOMS/ tendon pain of my entire time lifting, I can't straighen my arm such is the tightness

Rippletoe was right.... GOMAD is the way forward seemingly :tongue:
Original post by Angry cucumber
Decided to curl a bottle of milk (the 2.whatever litre ones) for 100 reps on one side non stop from the shop on Monday

I have given myself the worst bicep DOMS/ tendon pain of my entire time lifting, I can't straighen my arm such is the tightness

Rippletoe was right.... GOMAD is the way forward seemingly :tongue:

LOL. 2kg x 100, dat volume.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tfw ibprofen makes no difference

Tfw can confirm do not lift
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair it's actually 2.52kg assuming same density as water, plus plastic :P
Original post by Angry cucumber
Tfw ibprofen makes no difference

Tfw can confirm do not lift

You should know better cucumber-san

Original post by illusionz
To be fair it's actually 2.52kg assuming same density as water, plus plastic :P

That's too much weight. Drink some of the milk if trying to get toned.
Fastest way to increase squat? Been doing 5x5, on 80kg currently.

Did 90x3 for 8 sets yesterday and found that quite gruelling, but managed 1 rep 100kg at the end.

Is it too optimistic to assume I could be on 100kg 5x5 in 2 weeks?

Has anyone here done 5x5 (or any variant icf) for a few months? Did you see much muscle gains or just mainly strength gains?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hash007

Did 90x3 for 8 sets yesterday and found that quite gruelling, but managed 1 rep 100kg at the end.

Has anyone here done 5x5 (or any variant icf) for a few months? Did you see much muscle gains or just mainly strength gains?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a lot of guys on 5x5 style training atm, ICF is great but time consuming, guys like illusionz supersetted assistance to decrease time

Thats too optimistic, I'd reckon somewhere around 87.5-92.5kg 5x5 is possible depending on so many factors
Original post by hash007

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on many things.

Hehe you been stuck at 80 for a while? How much are you eating, sleeping?

I've known others put 5kg a session on their squat up to 140 3*5. But these guys were big and eating big.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I've seen linear progress so far...missed the last workout because my knee was hurting from a football tackle but I'm going to try 85, 5x5 tomorrow. Managed 90x3 okay, didn't struggle too much but was a challenge.

Eating around 3000cal a day and about 180-220g protein a day. Tracking with myfitnesspal. 50%carbs, 30%protein, 30%fat. My housemate thinks I will develop an eating disorder if I follow macros and track calories but it's been useful so far in getting my strength and energy levels high.

Sleep is the only thing I can improve on, at least 6 hours a day but sometimes 7, 8 hours maybe once a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on many things.

Hehe you been stuck at 80 for a while? How much are you eating, sleeping?

I've known others put 5kg a session on their squat up to 140 3*5. But these guys were big and eating big.

Posted from TSR Mobile

See above

I weigh 74kg at 5ft10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Can anybody recommend me some good triceps exercises which i can use instead of skull crushers.............they make my elbows HUUURRTTTT
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Can anybody recommend me some good triceps exercises which i can use instead of skull crushers.............they make my elbows HUUURRTTTT

It's the case for most people. You can make some smart adjustments to try skull crush without pain but probably best alternative is just cable extensions. Even better is rope extension.

Quick Reply

Latest