The Student Room Group

I can't apply foundation to save my life.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Barry M do a cheap white foundation - mix it with whatever colour you're using currently to get a better fit.
As a natural ginge and my ghostly white skin, trial and error happened on pretty much all high street foundation there was but there wasn't a foundation light enough for my skin tone.
Went to boots and they did the foundation match machine thing and they said 'Oh calico!!' So she applied it and it was pretty much orange and the woman stood there in shock because I technically broke the machine, she'd never seen anyone who didn't match the foundation range and the Nicola Roberts foundation wasn't anywhere to be seen,so she recommended mac.

The woman sat me down and consulted me about my skin etc and went off and brought different bottles back and creams, not only did I find the perfect foundation I have been searching for, no tide marks, no orangeyness, covers blemishes etc, she redid my eyeliner and offered to put blusher on, which was so lovely of her.

For both the cream and the foundation came to £40, it was extremely expensive but you get what you pay for and it's absolutely brilliant.
However I only use it for occasions because I want to preserve it so in the mean time I mix white foundation with high street foundation and use no7 stay matte primer which takes away the oilyness and sheen from the pores.

As for applying foundation, the method is best suited to you,I used to apply with a sponge but realised it got manky and horrible so I now apply with brushes but it's just finding a way to suit you:smile:

I hope you get the foundation sorted out fellow pale skin-er!:yep:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by chloeintheskies
Yeah, it lasts for a good few hours ^_^ I buy it from boots, but I suppose you can get it from most high street stores like Superdrug etc

Also you can ask one of the people if they can put it on for you similar to clinique (They also put a 'translucent' powder ontop of my face which did make it look quite orange, so I usually leave that off, just to let you know incase you do try it)

And I agree! I really wish there were more to choose from x_x

Went shopping yesterday and looked in Boots and Superdrug for your recommended foundation, to no avail! :frown: Superdrug had one other thing from that xperience range, but Boots had none.
Original post by laurenatlantic
As a natural ginge and my ghostly white skin, trial and error happened on pretty much all high street foundation there was but there wasn't a foundation light enough for my skin tone.*
Went to boots and they did the foundation match machine thing and they said 'Oh calico!!' So she applied it and it was pretty much orange and the woman stood there in shock because I technically broke the machine, she'd never seen anyone who didn't match the foundation range and the Nicola Roberts foundation wasn't anywhere to be seen,so she recommended mac.

The woman sat me down and consulted me about my skin etc and went off and brought different bottles back and creams, not only did I find the perfect foundation I have been searching for, no tide marks, no orangeyness, covers blemishes etc, she redid my eyeliner and offered to put blusher on, which was so lovely of her.

For both the cream and the foundation came to £40, it was extremely expensive but you get what you pay for and it's absolutely brilliant.*
However I only use it for occasions because I want to preserve it so in the mean time I mix white foundation with high street foundation and use no7 stay matte primer which takes away the oilyness and sheen from the pores.

As for applying foundation, the method is best suited to you,I used to apply with a sponge but realised it got manky and horrible so I now apply with brushes but it's just finding a way to suit you:smile:

I hope you get the foundation sorted out fellow pale skin-er!:yep:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Will have to bare MAC in mind. I have heard good stuff about them but they are expensive. I don't mind paying a lot for make-up that works though. Are they pushy with their sales? I don't like it when I get my make-up done and feel forced to buy it, even if I don't like it. As weird as it sounds I do hope they would let me nip outside and have a look in a mirror, because when I spent all that money with Clinque only to find it looked totally different outside, I was so annoyed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6vs7Vmqk40

Watch Lisa Eldridges videos on foundation and you can't go wrong. She's amazing :smile:
I recommend Illamasqua foundations aswell!
they're having an up to 70% off sale at the minute and I bought one of their powder foundations:
http://www.allthingsanita.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/illamasqua-haul.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending