The Student Room Group

Can't ever imagine my parents having sex...

The thought just freaks me out tbh :dong: they're religious as well & I dunno it's just weird even thinking that is how I came to be :tongue: Anyone ever been a little put off by this or does it never even cross your mind :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How religious? Like pitch-black thrusting religious?
Reply 2
Then don't.

Why would you even try and imagine it.

A stork brought me here.
Reply 3
Just pretend you are an IVF baby...or adopted.
Reply 4
Why would you want to imagine that? :confused:
It's worse when you know you were an accident and your brother was a honeymoon baby.
Reply 6
Reminds me of that scene in Kevin and Perry when he imagines his conception...

At the end of the day, your kids (if you have them) will think exactly the same thing. People have sex. People don't like imagining their parents having sex. It happened though, so it's not really worth worrying about. After all, if they'd been abstinent, where would you be now? :tongue:
There's no need to imagine, just burst down their door at 2 in the morning, you'll see how you were born
Reply 8
My Mother and father have never and will never engage in such an act, its unthinkable :shudders:
Original post by K the Failure
How religious? Like pitch-black thrusting religious?

You made me spit a load of cheerios and milk on my screen and touch pad, cheers
You're adopted.

I can hear my parents doing it, mentally disturbing, really.
Reply 11
I bet they had sex through a sheet with a hole in it.
(edited 10 years ago)
it must have happened at least once
Reply 13
You're not really supposed to try and imagine it...
Original post by edithwashere
Reminds me of that scene in Kevin and Perry when he imagines his conception...

At the end of the day, your kids (if you have them) will think exactly the same thing. People have sex. People don't like imagining their parents having sex. It happened though, so it's not really worth worrying about. After all, if they'd been abstinent, where would you be now? :tongue:
I know like it's only natural but sometimes it's just weird to know that's how new people are created, I mean it happens but it's awkward for parents to tell their kids how they were born you know :tongue:
My birth committed a naturalistic fallacy, I'm the immaculate conception.
Or so I like to think
Reply 16
Original post by Holby_fanatic
It's worse when you know you were an accident and your brother was a honeymoon baby.

Yup yup, counting back about 9 months, I was my dad's birthday present :mmm:
Original post by Multitalented me
I know like it's only natural but sometimes it's just weird to know that's how new people are created, I mean it happens but it's awkward for parents to tell their kids how they were born you know :tongue:

My parents read me this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mummy-Laid-Egg-Mini-Treasure/dp/009940785X

It has everything you need to know about babymaking in a child friendly format. And it's hilarious, particularly the illustrations! :tongue:
Try having insomnia while living in a thin walled bungalow with your parents.

Yep.
Original post by munchkins
Yup yup, counting back about 9 months, I was my dad's birthday present :mmm:

What a fab birthday present. :wink:

My mother thought the best birthday present for my first birthday was to pop out my brother. :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest