The Student Room Group

Maths revision help

I'm doing GCSE maths, I've failed about 5 times now, I've tired tuition from 2 or three different people which was a waste of money as i didn't learn much, and i can't learn this way for some reason. maths is one of those subjects you have to practice of but I've tired a few ways like cgp books, past papers, maths-watch, it still doesn't stick in my head. i really need this C because i'm not spending another year in college doing just the maths GCSE,
I would be grateful if anyone could share their revision tips for maths.
Unfortunately practice does make perfect. The best way to revise for maths is to do past paper after past paper. Review the ones you get wrong, sit down and read the mark-scheme and working so that you understand why you went wrong. Once you realise the pattern in working out the particular sum then you'll be laughing.
Reply 2
Original post by 20z12
I'm doing GCSE maths, I've failed about 5 times now, I've tired tuition from 2 or three different people which was a waste of money as i didn't learn much, and i can't learn this way for some reason. maths is one of those subjects you have to practice of but I've tired a few ways like cgp books, past papers, maths-watch, it still doesn't stick in my head. i really need this C because i'm not spending another year in college doing just the maths GCSE,
I would be grateful if anyone could share their revision tips for maths.

http://www.m4ths.com/index.php?p=1_20
Do the higher paper and use this guy as guidance, you can get a B easily on the higher paper with practice
Reply 3
Original post by xxSherlockxx
Unfortunately practice does make perfect. The best way to revise for maths is to do past paper after past paper. Review the ones you get wrong, sit down and read the mark-scheme and working so that you understand why you went wrong. Once you realise the pattern in working out the particular sum then you'll be laughing.

This.
Reply 4
Original post by Robbie242
http://www.m4ths.com/index.php?p=1_20
Do the higher paper and use this guy as guidance, you can get a B easily on the higher paper with practice

I'm doing the foundation paper but i have checked that website it's pretty useful. thanks.
Reply 5
Original post by xxSherlockxx

Thank you, ill give this a go see how it goes, do you have any other tips that will help boost memory?
Reply 6
Has anyone got an easy way to do Long Division?
Original post by 20z12
Thank you, ill give this a go see how it goes, do you have any other tips that will help boost memory?

Not really I'm afraid, just keep practicing, even after you get the pattern until it is ingrained in your memory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending