Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The TSR Bangladeshi Society

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politricks)
    Do you do Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
    Pharmacy. How about u?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontJudge)
    No wonder you never seem to grasp my sarcasm :indiff:
    So you were serious about the marrying UK girls ting? :afraid:

You call me weird everyday broo. :sadnod:
    Nope, I don't need anyone, and people don't need me, just do your own thing, and you'll be fine, other people are an obstacle in personal attainment.
    Tennis+cricket=middle class sport. Play football, that's more working class. :yep:

Stop taking mick out of the fact that i'm poor :cry2:
    I don't have a proper camera, but I got a phone with a 3.2megapixel camera? :awesome:
    Ooohhhhh it's that eazi is it?!! just buy a neww laptoppppppp?!! Yeah, cos money grows on treees doesn't it?!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But yeah mate, I've actually saved up some dosh from EMA, in order to buy a laptop. :ninja:
    And I was thinking of asking you for some advice. Needs to be cheap/longlasting. :yep:
    We'll take this conversation further in PM :perv:

Ohhhh myy goddd.
    kasme, I get soo pissed off now when someone says to me 'i dont have an accent'
    EVERYONE HAS AN ACCENT MAN, ARE YOU TAPPED?!
    You lot are more closer in terms of Recieved Pronunciation.
    You obviously haven't heard a northerner before.
    Call that drug dealer, and listen to him, and then you'll see how we are. :hmpf:

Omg, i’ve just realised something.
    I’m the only northerner here
    :eek4: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo. :eek4:
    I need to stay away from posh people, they’re bad for my health :sadnod:

LOL even I having feelings :sad:
    Lol you’re out to win meeee.
    Don’t worry lil ‘un, I’m gonna get you back...
    Hmmm who should I set you up with :hmmmm:

Lol init, keyboard warriors, they’d be piss scared to debate us in real.
    I know, beliefs are beliefs, we should just accept that with each other, I hate when people diss it man
    We should just be happpyyyy :bawling:

Nope that’s not normal in Asians houses. My friends just wake up at 1am, chill in their own room, with only 3 people living in their house, and everything gets served in a plate to them. LOL
    Rich Asians init.

Nice, I luv knowing about your burps, so intriguing

Yeah, it’s horrific, cos it’s soo repetitive...
    What you doing in hols, has your work finished?
    You should spend more time here.
    i got them :dontknow:, no not really
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahbub1876)
    Dear Bangladeshi Friends,

I need your sincere opinion on the selection of university in UK. I have two offers:
    1. Uni of Surrey---MSc in Economics
    2. Uni of Birmingham---MSc in Development Economics.

I am a Civil Servant and working for the Ministry of Finance. Actually from Audit & Accounts Cadre. I will be sponsored from my government. Tuition fees and same amount of Living expense for the both of the universities will be provided by our Sponsor.
    I have a plan for Phd in the field of economics in the near future.

Now, considering the above given facts and the other facts (living expense, uni reputation, student life, accommodation, future career etc.) please suggest me which one should I choose...???
    Thank u in advance.
    depends on your interests surely, may be go for the pure economics course, leaves more options open for postgrad. development economics sounds as interesting as getting kicked in the balls.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which it is

correct
    No. People believe evolution is correct.

There are missing gaps that haven't been filled yet.

They think over time it'll sort itself out or science would have progressed on order to find out why :rolleyes:

There was a thread today where the atheists had to say well evolution might not be right/proven yet but it's silly to automatically think there's a god because of that flaw.

You speak less sense each time I see you lol
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Evolution isn't about proving or disproving a god, evolution makes no mention of god. It's possible to be both religious and accept the theory of evolution.

Here's a video of an Imam who accepts evolution: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...le-with-islam/
    I don't mind that. It's just that i don't know the intricacies of the theory so can't really say whether I accept it or not.

But to think 'it's right' is abit of a bogus statement tbh.
    I know enough to know there are kinks in the theory and that certain things aren't quite there yet.

Yeah, that was what another atheist said. I was just repeating to show that there are problems with evolution.

In the same way that people believe that the germ theory and the heliocentric theory is correct.

Missing links being found.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/e...pes-found.html

They're right, evolution cannot be proven, nothing in science can be proven, everything in science are only conjectures; only in mathematics are things proven. You can't prove that the Earth orbits the sun, you can't prove gravity, you can't prove anything in science.

Ad hominem.
    Yeah in that way. But it's not 100% yet.
    There are kinks in he armour

And I'll reserve judgement on that until the research/experiments on that skeleton are completed fully. I don't know how it works though, is this the only missing link they needed?
    How do they know there isn't a million more inbetween?

It's easier to believe gravity as opposed to evolution though.

And, if this was such an important theory, why is it that it's not universally taught?
    Why is it that so many people will oppose evolution, even ones that have researched it extensively? Do people argue about the theory of gravity is incorrect?

Sorry
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here's a video of an Imam who accepts evolution: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...le-with-islam/
    OK, I read that and:
    He described the belief that Adam was made from clay, as the Quran suggests, and then made a living human after God breathed life into him, as a "children's madrassa-level understanding" of the origins of man.

The remarks prompted some in the community to turn against him.
    Is he not accepting the Quraan right there?

Earlier this month, Hasan issued a statement on his website dialing back some of his statements on evolution.

"I regret and retract some of my statements in the past about the theory of evolution, especially the inflammatory ones … I do not believe that Adam, peace be upon him, had parents," he wrote.
    Lol. Well he must have said some dodgy things
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone thinking of applying for season 2 of forgotten roots. http://www.forgottenroots.net/forgot...son-2-reminder
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bangladeshi people don't like me. They are not friendly and I think they are intimidated by me.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol init, keyboard warriors, they’d be piss scared to debate us in real.
    I know, beliefs are beliefs, we should just accept that with each other, I hate when people diss it man
    We should just be happpyyyy :bawling:

Nope that’s not normal in Asians houses. My friends just wake up at 1am, chill in their own room, with only 3 people living in their house, and everything gets served in a plate to them. LOL
    Rich Asians init.

Nice, I luv knowing about your burps, so intriguing

Yeah, it’s horrific, cos it’s soo repetitive...
    What you doing in hols, has your work finished?
    You should spend more time here.
    Hiya!

Lol forget debating, I'd want to knock them out :judge:

Anyway, how're you?

I'm good, still working though, I'm starting to like it...and it'll keep me occupied during ruzza
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenlantern)
    Is anyone thinking of applying for season 2 of forgotten roots. http://www.forgottenroots.net/forgot...son-2-reminder
    Lool. Have you applied? Don't think I could handle it tbf
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmqib)
    Bangladeshi people don't like me. They are not friendly and I think they are intimidated by me.
    I'm friendly
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    look whose back after this long, look i got green gems now instead of red ones

things have changed :cool:

Yes I still do
    What else has changed then? To be honest i didn't notice your red gems or green ones either, if its changed that might mean you're spending far too much time on the internet or this website!

Haha, i don't think you'll ever get it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenlantern)
    Are you going to apply? My bengali is worse than the worse person's benagli on this seasons... I don't think i'd want to embarrass myself needlessly!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    LOL What do you mean 'what do you do'.
    Alot of people are intrigued with me. I don’t tell em nuttin.

Look yeah this soc ain't singlemuslims.com init, so yeah luk somewhere else.
    I kno u had a ting for bengi guys init, but yeah there ain't no lookers here luvy. :hand:

Lesbian Muslims :zomg:

I like.....

LOL, calm down init. Sensei is doing is ting.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Sick guyyyyyy
    yOyoyooyyoy Sliceeeddd famalam.
    Cl0000ooocckkkeeed

They don't call you Shinobi for no reason.

I am a ‘bit’ annoyed with you :dry:...Can't even keep my secrets
    But can't be mean to you as well, that’s why I’m handling the situation better.

LOl lets make dem chickens into chooza

What on earth is an Apostate, is that like self-suicidal people or suttin? *Wears a blond wig*
    I got a U for R.E in GCSE’s. :sadnod:

Good he hates you :eviltongue:
    I’m going to join him, ciou! :hello:

Well I'm still expecting a PM off you.
    WELL! I'd reply if you didn't keep getting yourself banned!!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humble_bumble)
    Oooh so many new faces here...I must be the only oldie here
    Apne kamon aso?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleShootingStar*)
    Are you going to apply? My bengali is worse than the worse person's benagli on this seasons... I don't think i'd want to embarrass myself needlessly!
    Hey, LittleShootingStar!
    How did your first year of med school go?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayesha1234)
    Lool. Have you applied? Don't think I could handle it tbf
    I think they said they r gonna start taking applicants from august, so haven't yet + I don't know if I am eligible as I was born in bangladesh but moved here about 8.5 years ago. I don't think I would do too bad haha but not expecting to win either, which is if I get in on the first place.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleShootingStar*)
    I should hopefully be okay with bengali language as I did it for GCSE, but still even then I didn't know that 'jalano' also means putting cow's dung in a stick...always thought it meant burning something!

You have to be between the age of 16-20 during the three weeks or so of staying in bangladesh in december so this years my last chance to apply even if they decide to have another season after this.

I am more worried about performing badly in the challenges and about what goes on behind the scene e.g. what r the basic things we r allowed to have in possession and what we would actually need to take etc haha.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I actually, cannot be asked quoting anyone anymore in any thread. :indiff: Just too much to dooo. :cry:

TSR's dry.

Feeell free to PM me instead
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I actually, cannot be asked quoting anyone anymore in any thread. :indiff: Just too much to dooo. :cry:

TSR's dry.

Feeell free to PM me instead
    ok
Updated: November 6, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.