The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sorry i was just having a bit of a rant.
how many languages do you know??
I learnt french at GCSE, don't remember much....j'ai perdu mon sac (i lost my bag) random sentences, j'habit a cardiff au pays de galles,(can never remember which words are masculine and which femmine) I did try a bit of italian in year 8/9 the teacher was rubbish, mi chiamo (or is it chiama) bella, alto - tall, arriverdeci - bye , and i leart a bit of japanese ,...i learnt the hetragana and katagana alphabet....then she told me about kaji alphabet which has 6000 characters i was like erm maybe some other time. Plus i got a german dictionary thought i might teach myself german using that and the internet ...but havn't got round to it.

Asmufc...whats PPE? physics and practical engineering? how come you took 5 AS we weren't allowed more than four. no fair.
Reply 901
na ash goes to a grammar school- critical thinking/general studies is compulsory there

PPE= politics philosophy economics
quite a prestigius course

erm languages-
bengali, english, french and german
a little bit of farsi (me mates teachin me)
and random phrases in some other languages lol
U know what i hate people like you....joking, howcome you got all A's and A* for GCSE and don't tell me you just revised to night before too. Im quite lazy, I admit all my teachers had such expectations off me, i really annoyed my english teacher by not going to last few lesson...they were boring revision lessons tho.
Reply 903
i rely did revise the night before lol. not.

actully for AS, all my subjcts except for bilogy, i did revise the night before
biology i hadda revise 24/7 for 2weeks solid

thats prob why im guna flop this year

i was much more focussed wehn it came to GCSEs
Reply 904
i wudda flopped english if my friend (goes to sum private school) hadnt given me loadsa notes for english

2 weeks before the exam i had no idea how to write an essay on poems, never mind knowing what they meant
Reply 905
amar deshi thread quiet keneh?
Reply 906
lol cos i aint bin on for tym

hey guys im off to germanyt on sunday and i wont be on any more cos im workin tomorrow til bout 10 neway so...

good luck guys with A/AS level results..erm good hols and stay safe

take care w/salaam
.S.O.S.

Asmufc...whats PPE? physics and practical engineering? how come you took 5 AS we weren't allowed more than four. no fair.

Critical Thinking is compulsory, the excuse they use is that top unis use it to distinguish between the best and better, hope I do good then :p:
Revising on the last day I think everyone does, I had all Easter holidays to revise for GCSEs and I wasted it! :rolleyes:

p.s. i go to a grammar school but the german boy above me is mroe clever than me :p:
Reply 908
hey guys i jus got back from germany- got me AS results while i was there as well- 5As- a total fluke

and no im not more cleverer than ashmufc lol
Reply 909
Back so soon? :P

Excellent results :biggrin: Congrats!
mortderire
hey guys i jus got back from germany- got me AS results while i was there as well- 5As- a total fluke

Alhamdolillah! Very good! So you going to do 4A2s I presume? And how is your PS going.

He is, I got my GCSE results today. 2A*, 8A, B, C and I think my germany friend of ours got 8A* I think :p:

Anyway so what is everyone doing.
mortderire

well done.
Reply 912
ashmufc
Alhamdolillah! Very good! So you going to do 4A2s I presume? And how is your PS going.

Quote:

He is, I got my GCSE results today. 2A*, 8A, B, C and I think my germany friend of ours got 8A* I think

Anyway so what is everyone doing

no im nt guna do four A2s- i only cud manage it this year, because i literally did no work for german
dropping german and economix (keepin bio/chem/frnch)

you ARE a nerd ash. lol well done with ur results as well, wot u takin for AS next year?

me...i just got back from a day trip to Lille with UCL (im on sum frnch course there for a week)
lille was brilliant- everything; the food, the girls (not), the scenery, the old buildings were all alhamdulillah very very beautiful

very tired. got up at 4 today. got back at 10 and prob cnt b bothad to go2 bed till 12 or so.

sis SOS, thanx and wot u studyin en ce moment?
nothing...lol
going to uni in sept to study physics (crazy bella)
et toi?
Reply 914
OMG! physics
u are crazy lol (havnt seen u so i cnt judge if ur bella or not)

alhamdulillah sis, physics is rely cool

ill cum out with random frnch stuf- was speakin it all day, beautiful

jus dun AS, on2 A2
and im bengali ie i wana be a doctor (or my parents are forcing me to) i dont know which
mortderire
you ARE a nerd ash.

:redface:

lol well done with ur results as well, wot u takin for AS next year?

Maths + Stats
Chemistry
History
Economics
Critical Thinking :rolleyes:

me...i just got back from a day trip to Lille with UCL (im on sum frnch course there for a week)

Is that one of those summer school courses?
mortderire
OMG! physics
u are crazy lol (havnt seen u so i cnt judge if ur bella or not)

alhamdulillah sis, physics is rely cool

ill cum out with random frnch stuf- was speakin it all day, beautiful

jus dun AS, on2 A2
and im bengali ie i wana be a doctor (or my parents are forcing me to) i dont know which

What u mean not sure im bella?

lol, yea my parents kinda wanted me to do medicine...i couldn't tell if it was my dad or mum behind it, mum kept saying dad wanted me to do medicine nd saying about all wonderful things of saving people...but it seemed to me it was her...and dad wasnt too bothered..but i figured it was both.

They couldn't force me to do medicine, else i'd be miserably, not enjoy it and do very bad.

It was quite tricky to get them to see physics was good, has soo many job prospects (not really sure). Even tho i got BC for AS phys/maths respectively, managed to convince them...so now i got AAA, and off to do MPhys whoohoo.

I hope i do succeed in physics, else i'll feel very bad, :frown:
Reply 917
.S.O.S.
What u mean not sure im bella?

lol, yea my parents kinda wanted me to do medicine...i couldn't tell if it was my dad or mum behind it, mum kept saying dad wanted me to do medicine nd saying about all wonderful things of saving people...but it seemed to me it was her...and dad wasnt too bothered..but i figured it was both.

They couldn't force me to do medicine, else i'd be miserably, not enjoy it and do very bad.

It was quite tricky to get them to see physics was good, has soo many job prospects (not really sure). Even tho i got BC for AS phys/maths respectively, managed to convince them...so now i got AAA, and off to do MPhys whoohoo.

I hope i do succeed in physics, else i'll feel very bad,

bella in italian means beautiful. im kidding tho sis, im sure u are.

yh my parents are forcing me to do medicine as well. lol
not really, if they told me to do medicine id prob do something else- they jus want sutin ill enjoy, do well in, and with good job propects as well as being islamically compatible

inshallah ull do VERY well sis, my du'as are with ya all the way and congrats on ur triple A performance

and yh ash, that is one of those summer school things. lol
jus finished today
twas really good, spoke so much french <sighs and thinks about speaking french>
Reply 918
Usama u owe me rep :biggrin:
Reply 919
And so does Hafz :biggrin: x2

Latest