The Student Room Group

Homosexual Parenting

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thesabbath
And you want to foist this onto innocent children just to maintain some kind of liberal pretense that homosexuality is normal? What kind of sick ideologue are you?

A better question would be what kind of weird, anti-social radical are you? Why are you trying to bring down the established social order and substitute a vocal minority agenda in place of legitimate policy and rational expectations?
Original post by HarveyCanis
Am I to presume the people objecting to children being raised by homosexual parents due to bullying also support banning non-white couples/single parents from raising kids? If not your argument is sorely lacking in consistency.

Or smart parents. Or fat parents. Or parents who are bin men (or women). Or parents who don't have a nice car...

And you want to foist this onto innocent children just to maintain some kind of liberal pretense that homosexuality is normal? What kind of sick ideologue are you?

The fact of the matter is that it happened on it's own. Lesbians could go and get impregnated with donor sperm by saying they were straight single women and have their own biological children, gay men could donate sperm for a female friend to have a child for them. This happened naturally, and social services saw no reason to have to step in - the children were fine; no neglect, no abuse, nothing. Then the scientists asked these natural gay families if they were okay being studied, and discovered that homosexuals make great parents.
So nobody is disadvantaging innocent children out of 'some kind of liberal pretense that homosexuality is normal', there were natural experiments produced with children that were in that situation anyway, no child was given to a gay person when we didn't know if it would be okay (and there was the ability to pull them out) that showed that gay parenting is fine.
Children are being given loving parents, particularly important for those in care. And people can be bullied for being in care the same as bullied for having gay parents. But we don't target bullying by making everyone carbon copies of each other, we do it by targeting the attitudes of the bullies, and with the viewpoint that you show in that post, you're helping the bullies.
Original post by MENDACIUM
No-one gets bullied for having a single parent. People get bullied to a very high extent for having two dads.

Under this rationale, biracial couples in the 1960s were clearly irresponsible, selfish creatures who were placing their own needs before those of their children.

Or perhaps instead we should view the decision of a couple to start a family as sacrosanct and beyond the reach of the state. Then again, if you're a communist you may not necessarily agree.
Original post by ashleighgiles
I support homosexual marriage and parenting, especially knowing how messed up "traditional parents" can be nowadays. I'm not saying every heterosexual couple will mess up; anyone can mess up really. Biology/genetic can only go so far when it comes to parenting. Its not a matter of the gender of the parents; its how they treat the children and the effort they put into a child's development.
Surrogate pregnancy is not an issue to me. I find it similar to adopting. If everyone's happy then so be it.

As for child development in society, anti-bullying and anti-taunting should be enforced; because anyone, both children from homosexual parents and heterosexual parents, can become victims of bullying.

I live in a Muslim country that bans homosexuality and I have to say, its awfully unfair. Quite a number of people I know who are homosexual have had to leave the country just to feel secure of their orientation and their future plans on settling down.

Don't give us Muslims an bad name.. I am not seriously Anti-Homosexuals
Original post by Umar1
Just wait till they start high school...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that people should probably wait till after they've finished high school before they have children...
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
Under this rationale, biracial couples in the 1960s were clearly irresponsible, selfish creatures who were placing their own needs before those of their children.

Or perhaps instead we should view the decision of a couple to start a family as sacrosanct and beyond the reach of the state. Then again, if you're a communist you may not necessarily agree.

(Facepalm) Are seriously comparing Bi-Racial Parenting to Homosexual adoptions?
Absolutely nothing wrong with that, as long as the child is loved and cared for.
Some of you are so ignorant it actually hurts to watch.
Original post by Type 052D
(Facepalm) Are seriously comparing Bi-Racial Parenting to Homosexual adoptions?

If the reason against homosexual adoptions is bullying you can compare it to bi-racial parents, fat parents, smart parents, thick parents, parents without good cars, parents with embarrassing jobs, parents were one of them has a disability...
Reply 48
I don't see a reason why not.
(facepalm) Are seriously comparing Bi-Racial Parenting to Homosexual adoptions.

Yes. You clearly have a profound lack of understanding about the philosophy of how morality relates to justice, the basic principle of "Treating like cases alike" and understanding what are relevant differences/characteristics for the purposes of public policy.

You don't even understand what your position is, let alone being able to start to understand mine. Your facepalm only poorly conceals your complete inability to make even a basic argument.
(edited 11 years ago)
Don't give us Muslims an bad name.. I am not seriously Anti-Homosexuals

I never said I wanted to give Muslims a bad name.
I was talking about Indonesia and its stupid laws and regulations. :smile:
Original post by H_Aple
Homosexual parenting? I say that's very cruel on the child being brought up. I support gay marriage but not adoption.

Got any recent evidence for that?
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
Yes. You clearly have a profound lack of understanding about the philosophy of how morality relates to justice, the basic principle of "Treating like cases alike" and understanding what are relevant differences/characteristics for the purposes of public policy.

You don't even understand what your position is, let alone being able to start to understand mine. Your facepalm only poorly conceals your complete inability to make even a basic argument.

Human civilization has been mixing each other for thousands of years. Whether it may the Upper Egyptians mixing with the Nubian or the Cannites or the Sumerians mixing the invading Semites that will dominate the Near-East for the next 3,000 years. We are determined by the Human Haplo-group system tell us which ethnic group pattern we are part of and how (although not necessarily the case) our phenotype will look like. It is also believed that early Homo Sapiens (sub-species) of the Eurasian Continent had interacted with Homo Neanderthals. Race mixing is normal and all humans link to an common ancestors (whether it's Lucy the East African or Adam and Eve). But Homosexuality it an different matter and should not be compared to Racial Parenting. You idea is very Anglo-Saxon based.
Original post by ashleighgiles
I never said I wanted to give Muslims a bad name.
I was talking about Indonesia and its stupid laws and regulations. :smile:

Most Indonesians are good Muslims, so it would make sense for the authorities to pass these regulations.
Any studies highlighting that children are better off being brought up by their biological mother and father are dismissed by homophiles as 'bad science' or even 'bigoted' because it doesn't support their view eg http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/media-still-lying-about-mark-regnerus-report/
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet and I don't have time to read through...

Every single child parented by a gay couple is wanted and fought and planned for. Whether through IVF, surrogates, adoption etc (apart from couples where one partner has had a child in a heterosexual relationship before forming a homosexual one.)

So many hetero couples get pregnant by accident, not in a stable relationship, not in a healthy environment, not financially stable etc.

Just one point of many for gay parenting.
Original post by allthetime
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet and I don't have time to read through...

Every single child parented by a gay couple is wanted and fought and planned for. Whether through IVF, surrogates, adoption etc (apart from couples where one partner has had a child in a heterosexual relationship before forming a homosexual one.)

So many hetero couples get pregnant by accident, not in a stable relationship, not in a healthy environment, not financially stable etc.

Just one point of many for gay parenting.

Whilst in favour of homosexual parenting, i never considered this...
But this is exactly a perfect argument for it, because it CAN NOT be broken or shot down. Good job! :smile:
X

Thank you for the copy and paste job. Now you can get started on explaining why gender in respect of marriage is a "relevant characteristic" (in the Hartian sense) for public policy, and race is not?

You idea is very Anglo-Saxon based.

Your ideas are ignorance-based, but you don't hear me whining about it.
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't buy into this idea of stopping homosexual couples from having kids/adopting because the kids would get bullied at school. That's like saying that during WW2, we should have discouraged people from being Jewish because they'd get persecuted by the Nazis. It's not the trait that the bullying focuses on that's the problem, it's the bullying itself - rather than trying to inconvenience and offend people that are effectively the victims, we should be doing our best to reduce the prevalence of these outdated attitudes in society.
Any studies highlighting that children are better off being brought up by their biological mother and father are dismissed by homophiles as 'bad science' or even 'bigoted' because it doesn't support their view eg http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/media-still-lying-about-mark-regnerus-report/

The laughs never stop with you. You cite lifesitenews as a credible source of information. Whatever next? Pravda? High Times?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending