The Student Room Group

Best Beer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Melthusa
Budweiserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

bud.

I used to like bud but it is so gassy I can't drink anymore than a bottle of it.
Peroni-photo.jpg
Reply 22
Original post by pjm600
Old Peculiar

I'm a cider man usually, but I'm partial to a bit of Old Peculiar.
Reply 23
Brooklyn Lager. What a beverage.
Reply 24
I'll drink most stuff, but I like Grolsch, Becks and Heineken. I'd look for one of those if I was in a pub.

I like Samuel Adam's Boston Lager, but you don't see it much over here. Morrison's have it in their 'World Beers' section though, so I buy a bottle every now and again.

Original post by Shaker1903
Brooklyn Lager. What a beverage.

Brooklyn Lager is really nice. I've never seen it anywhere other than in New York though, where I was made to try it by some locals that disapproved of what I was drinking :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by tomj45
Personally I'm a big fan of bottled Corona, ice cold with lime.

What is the best beer out there?

You Sir, have good taste.
Reply 26
Original post by tomj45
Personally I'm a big fan of bottled Corona, ice cold with lime.

What is the best beer out there?

Probably Lynx, It can be found in that golden can in most off licences but it tastes immaculate from the draught, however it's hard to find a pub that serves it.

In a standard bar I'd settle for Becks and if they don't have that I make like a panda; eat shoot and leave
I put a couple of 't's in my beer last night.
I think it made it better.
You can't beat a good Czech. Staropramen or Budvar. Not too gassy and it tastes like, ya know, beer.

It's oxymoronic how many western beers don't taste like beer, and then make you fart on people.

Spoiler

Original post by Lord of the Flies

Spoiler

This stuff is excellent. Though if I am just going for a standard bottled beer I like Tiger beer, but tbh most strong lagers are pretty good (not a massive fan of fosters or Budweiser though).
Reply 31
A good pint of Guinness is great, but sometimes the quality is a bit variable. I quite like German beers like Erdinger. If you're going for main stream bottled lager then Corona or Peroni.
Original post by DK_Tipp
A good pint of Guinness is great, but sometimes the quality is a bit variable. I quite like German beers like Erdinger. If you're going for main stream bottled lager then Corona or Peroni.

As a general rule: The closer you are to where Guiness is brewed, the better it'll be!
I like Cobra beer.
In the last year or so, I think the beer I've most enjoyed was Blue Anchor's Middle. I've never seen it anywhere other than the beer festival I had it though :frown:
Original post by AgentSushi
Ohhh doh :biggrin:, sorry im running on empty after pulling an all nighter to polish my dissertation.

Hoegaarden, what can I say it gives a good head :wink:

Original post by AgentSushi
I love Hoegaarden, but haven't had it in such a long time.

Other than that im not really a fan of lager its too gassy, I prefer real ale.

I agree with both of these comments!
Original post by bestofyou
Hated beer until I tried this one. Now I love beer. This is without doubt the nicest wheat beer (and therefore the best of any beer) I've had.

Spoiler

I can't remember if it was this one, hoegaarden or perhaps an Erdinger that I thought tasted like piss.

Trappist beers are quite nice. Trappistes Rochefort 6 has a good taste. Plan to try their 8, perhaps their 10 at some point.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 38
Corona or Desperado's
Reply 39
Becks or Peroni on draft.

When in Cornwall - Tribute (rather than Doom Bar).

Yorkshire Terrier.

Never Budweiser.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest