The Student Room Group

Revisng AQA gcse english literature? (2013)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JustaDreamer
I did a mock on these questions...I think they were like this: How are ideas and feelings presented in 'The Horse Whisperer' and one other poem? and How is an interesting character presented in 'Singh Song' and one other poem? Hope that helped :smile:

Which poems (from character and voice) and indeed which short stories from the AQA Anthology do you think will come up? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did a mock on these questions...I think they were like this: How are ideas and feelings presented in 'The Horse Whisperer' and one other poem? and How is an interesting character presented in 'Singh Song' and one other poem? Hope that helped :smile:

cheers thank you =D
Reply 22
Does anyone know which Sunlight on the Grass stories came up in january 2013 higher tier please? :smile:
Original post by Zippyzazu
Does anyone know which Sunlight on the Grass stories came up in january 2013 higher tier please? :smile:

Yep it was 'How is the title significant in The darkness out there?' and 'How does the author present families in Anil?' I think that was it...:smile:
Reply 24
Just in case anyone's wondering, here's a list of the Sunlight on the Grass stories that have come up in the past (higher tier). In this order (first to most recent):

Compass and Torch (father/son relationship)

Anil (opening)

The Darkness Out There (unpleasant experience)

My Polish Teacher's Tie (Carla - narrator)

Something Old, Something New (families)

When the Wasps Drowned (ending)

Compass and Torch (boy)

On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning (feelings)

The Darkness Out There (title)

Anil (families)

I have a nasty feeling that Something Old, Something New will come up on the higher tier, which I really really hate... but hopefully My Polish Teacher's Tie will be there too? :colone:
What do you guys think the stories will be this year?
Reply 25
Original post by tingirl
Just in case anyone's wondering, here's a list of the Sunlight on the Grass stories that have come up in the past (higher tier). In this order (first to most recent):

Anil (opening)

Compass and Torch (boy)

Anil (families)

I have a nasty feeling that Something Old, Something New will come up on the higher tier, which I really really hate... but hopefully My Polish Teacher's Tie will be there too? :colone:

omg, thank you!! this is sooo helpful :smile:
so i can ALMOST definitely rule out Anil and Darkness Out There..
i'm really hoping My Polish Teacher's Tie comes up too, or When the Wasps Drowned...
my two least favourite are Compass & Torch and 100% Perfect Girl, what about you? :smile:
i'm soooooo nervous for this exam as well :frown: any tips for revision??
are you also doing OMAM by any chance? and which poetry cluster are you studying? :P
Reply 26
Yep it was 'How is the title significant in The darkness out there?' and 'How does the author present families in Anil?' I think that was it...:smile:

thank youuuu!! :smile: any tips on how to revise please??
Reply 27
Original post by meeeeee7
Does anyone know what the mentioned poems were for the conflict cluster in January 2013?

Posted from TSR Mobile

'At the Border' and 'next to of course god america i'

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank youuuu!! :smile: any tips on how to revise please??

It's kind of easier for poetry as you can examine techniques, but I've just been analysing the stories, picking out the main themes and seeing how they're LINKED in the story, by weather, a character and their possibly changing persona, a flash back, animals, items etc. This can also be done in the language used in scenery such as the star in Anil making him seem unique and special. I can't really say much though as my English teacher isn't the best, but I hope it helped. :smile:
Reply 29
i thought i may aswell upload this:

the january lit papers 1&2 :

and there is also exampler material for a language exam there too

hope it helps

ryan
(edited 10 years ago)
Thanks for the replies everyone you've all been helpful :smile:
Original post by tingirl

Anil (opening)

Compass and Torch (boy)

Anil (families)

Cool list, thank you! Yeah I don't want Something old something new to come up either :frown: I find my Polish Teacher's tie ok :redface: I think Something old, Something new, My polish teacher's tie, or on seeing the 100% perfect Girl will come up...But I really want the Darkness or Compass or Wasps! :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by ryanb97
i thought i may aswell upload this:

the january lit papers 1&2 :

and there is also exampler material for a language exam there too

hope it helps

ryan

Om thank you so much :smile: that's really helpful
Reply 33
English literature is too hard...

It's so illogical? Des anyone else think this?

Like, Steinbeck called Curley, Curley because he wanted to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg, thank you!! this is sooo helpful :smile:
so i can ALMOST definitely rule out Anil and Darkness Out There..
i'm really hoping My Polish Teacher's Tie comes up too, or When the Wasps Drowned...
my two least favourite are Compass & Torch and 100% Perfect Girl, what about you? :smile:
i'm soooooo nervous for this exam as well :frown: any tips for revision??
are you also doing OMAM by any chance? and which poetry cluster are you studying? :P

I think Polish Teacher's Tie is my favourite so I'd be glad if it comes up and I actually kinda like Compass and Torch. I expect either Something Old, Something New or 100% Perfect Girl will come up though and I find those two really hard to understand.
Reply 35
link to a lot of resources i put up a couple days ago .. ithink

they are fairly good tbh

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2309658&page=14&p=42653777#post42653777

ryan
Reply 36
If it's a choice in the exam between two of either 100% Perfect Girl, The Darkness or Something Old... I think I will cry.
Original post by jay_em
If it's a choice in the exam between two of either 100% Perfect Girl, The Darkness or Something Old... I think I will cry.

Same here :frown: I don't mind Darkness too much though. I really want Polish teacher's tie, Wasps Drowned, or Compass and Torch...but it seems unlikely
Original post by ryanb97
link to a lot of resources i put up a couple days ago .. ithink

they are fairly good tbh

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2309658&page=14&p=42653777#post42653777

ryan

Thank you for posting it here too! :smile: I tried to rep you but it came up with rep some others before this member :angry:
Reply 39
Thank you for posting it here too! :smile: I tried to rep you but it came up with rep some others before this member :angry:

np :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending