The Student Room Group

Should I ditch my glasses for lenses???

I want to look good, should I ditch my glasses for lenses???
Reply 1
i did that for a year, and i think it is worthwhile to try it.
Well it's hard to tell really without seeing pictures, as some people really suit glasses :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JackTeh96
i did that for a year, and i think it is worthwhile to try it.

Well I did it once and some random girls kept asking me "didn't you used to wear glasses?...are you that girl that used to wear glasses..wheres your specs?" :rolleyes:

Like seriously, seems people don't like change.

Original post by proud nd luvin it
Well it's hard to tell really without seeing pictures, as some people really suit glasses :smile:

I do suit glasses but I'm tired of my old look :smile:
Some people find contacts uncomfortable and annoying but others love them. The best thing to do is give them a try for a month or so and see if you like them and if not just go back to glasses
Reply 5
Original post by deportme

I prefer lenses to glasses but you have to try it first :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Lenses are good for some occasions like dance or ceremony, but glasses are useful for study. this is the way I think.
You can get a trial period with Specsaversfor free if you're registered with them :smile: I think you get help with how to get them in/out and about a week's worth of daily lenses; though you can get monthly lenses which are more ecnomically viable if you're gonna be wearing them day in, day out, like me :smile:
I like contacts, but plenty of people don't find the idea of poking yourself in each eye twice per day very appealing.
It's not even about looking good. I think lenses are far more practical if you're the sort of person who really needs glasses to see properly all the time.

Glasses are constantly fogging up and need cleaning, a distraction during sports, your entire field of focus is in view, they're not constantly slipping off your nose, and you don't get those annoying reflections.

It's a pain to get used to contacts, but once you do it's just second-nature.
The only downside I could see is that they're probably pricer than glasses.
Original post by deportme

Depends on the shape of your face and what glasses you wear. Unfortunately this is a "need pics" situation.
Reply 11
I love wearing Contacts, I know this is a psychological issue that is (probably) unique to me but if I'm wearing my glasses (I normally only wear them for bed/in a morning) I can't actually do any work! But yeah, as said above, I'd recommend going on the Specsavers trial!
It depends on your glasses. Some glasses look really chic. Contact lenses need a lot of looking after and can lead to infection if not done properly. Perhaps you can ask a friend to come to the optician with you and give you an opinion
It's definitely best to make an appointment for the free trail, be that at specsavers, boots or anywhere else. I really wanted to switch to lenses but I was told that it wasn't worth doing with my prescription.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by myblueheaven339
It's definitely best to make an appointment for the free trail, be that at specsavers, boots or anywhere else. I really wanted to switch to lenses but I was told that it wasn't worth doing with my prescription.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They told me that it wasn't worth it too. Left eye is -0.50 and right is -0.75. I insisted that I wanted them so they ordered in the -0.50 (ASDA opticians don't stock as it is such a low prescription). Now I'm pleased I have them. If you want them I would go back and get them. :smile:

Quick Reply