The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele university accommodation

I have been unable to go to a visit or open day before applying to Keele and therefore don't really know what the rooms are like.

I am looking into the premier ensuite and part ensuite rooms and was hoping for any input about what they are like and if they are worth it.

I would also appreciate any photos of the rooms that anyone has, as the booklet I have gives you no insight in anything about the rooms really

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I've been to an open day and also went on an informal visit. I really didn't get to see much on the informal visit but on the open day there was sooo much to see and do. I saw all of the rooms that were open but ensuite looked a little cramped with the 3/4 bed and hawthorns didn't create a good impression. I firmed Keele and know someone who's already there so if there's any questions you have ill try my best to answer them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Thanks :smile:. I am planning on going to an open day in July but I would have applied for accommodation by then so it wont be much help for that. What did you think of Lindsey Hall? In the booklet it seemed really nice with 'spacious rooms'? Thats the place I'm hoping to get at the moment. It's a bummer that the en suite is cramped :/ I liked the sound of the bigger bed and en suite
Reply 3
I did like it but the furniture was quite dark I dont know if that was just the room I saw or universal. Before I went I was dead set on having an en-suite but after I saw the rooms which have just a washbasin and share a bathroom I didn't think they were too bad sorta like when at school you'd go on those activity weekends. I dont know if I can find it but there was a video on YouTube where a student showed you around her room and she had the ensuite at Lindsay and it did look quite nice. Have you received anything about accommodation yet? Apparently there's meant to be a booklet posted (which I'm pretty sure I already have ) and then they send an email?
Reply 4
If you can find it that would be great! I have the booklet but have nothing about the accommodation. On the website it said that people that have deferred or have an unconditional offer will get theirs in April but I haven't received anything yet, I even emailed them and they said it will be emailed in the next couple of weeks. I'm in France though so I'm quite on edge on trying to apply as quick as possible!
Reply 5
I had a look but couldn't find it. Although I did find loads of videos on Keele itself just by typing it into YouTube. I also emailed them but haven't got a response yet but I havent got the booklet they sent out. I'm sure last year everyone who wanted on campus accommodation got it so it should be similar this year. What made you choose Keele? I'm assuming its your firm. I confirmed law with crimminology which course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jaaade.jb
I had a look but couldn't find it. Although I did find loads of videos on Keele itself just by typing it into YouTube. I also emailed them but haven't got a response yet but I havent got the booklet they sent out. I'm sure last year everyone who wanted on campus accommodation got it so it should be similar this year. What made you choose Keele? I'm assuming its your firm. I confirmed law with crimminology which course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just so you know, the accommodation booklet is available online in a PDF :smile:
http://www.keele.ac.uk/media/keeleuniversity/cfm/accommodation/booklets/Accommodation%20Booklet%202013-14.pdf
Reply 7
Yeah I found those videos and although they helped with the uni, I found that they didn't help much with the accommodation side of things. Well I applied for an english foundation course and there wasn't many places that did it, but I found Keele that also did it with humanities and instantly fell in love with it! That will be good, where are you planning to apply for accommodation? Yeah I firmed as its an unconditional offer, so let me know if you get in :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by yarshad
Just so you know, the accommodation booklet is available online in a PDF :smile:
http://www.keele.ac.uk/media/keeleuniversity/cfm/accommodation/booklets/Accommodation%20Booklet%202013-14.pdf

Ah thankyou. It is the one I have at home anyway, guess its just the email were waiting for then! Have you applied to Keele? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by piggiesshinho
Yeah I found those videos and although they helped with the uni, I found that they didn't help much with the accommodation side of things. Well I applied for an english foundation course and there wasn't many places that did it, but I found Keele that also did it with humanities and instantly fell in love with it! That will be good, where are you planning to apply for accommodation? Yeah I firmed as its an unconditional offer, so let me know if you get in :smile:

Yeah, when I was looking at other unis I hardly found any pictures of accommodation for any of them. Must be a thing they have. Aww that's great! So have you already done a levels? I will probably apply for the standard room. Which is the only type of room I didn't see. I'll probably put down no sink aswell because I'd rather not go on hawthorns. One of my friends has firmed an offer at Keele and she wants an ensuite aswell also there's a good chance I'll be put in Lindsay so might see you fingers crossed. I'm so excited but really nervous. Have you heard any rumours who'll be at the freshers ball? I think it was example last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I had to stay on an extra year to complete one and none of them really went very well so I decided on a foundation course and get a degree with that route. Yeah it would be great if we ended up in halls together lol, I really hope I get Lindsey as it was the only one that I loved the description of. No I haven't heard anything, I haven't even thought of anything like that lol, I probably should be!
Reply 11
Ah well a degree is a degree at the end of it, doesn't matter how you get one. Unless you steal one or something lol. I think with the standard the only ones I could get put into is Lindsay or horwood. I dont really mind sharing as youd meet more people (I'm quite shy) and I'd have more money for next year. Both are close to the woods, which apparently is good as one of the guides on the open days said about the parties they have in the woods with lasers or whatever. Not quite sure how true this is though he seemed serious about it though. Only like 3 days till we can apply for accommodation. I know its early but have you started packing? I've already managed to collect 3 boxes full of stuff!! I'm Jade BTW :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yeah I think with the ensuite I can be in Lindsey, Barnes of Oak, and you have 8 people sharing a kitchen and lounge which i thought would be good to meet people as I'm the same as you when it comes to talking to people lol. OMG that would be awesome if it is true! I know! I cant wait to apply, but is it definitely over the internet? As I'm going away on tuesday and I'm really worried about not being here to apply lol. I've started collecting things that I'm going to need for the kitchen and stuff as my family have been giving me stuff and I'm trying to sort out my room so I can start but its a very slow process lol.

Hi Jade, I'm Sophie :P
Reply 13
Ah didn't know you had a lounge aswell, just thought you had a common room. Might have to look into that. There's quite a few more sharing standards I think but oh well. I'm pretty sure its over the internet that's what I read on the website anyway. I think you could perhaps request a paper one but depending on how long youre away for I dont think there'd be much point because the deadline is a month ish later well I think anyway. I started months ago thinking itd take ages to find things but like my nan has spares of everything so Ive got mostly all I needed from her! The thing I'm most not looking forward too is sorting out my clothes :frown: I have a feeling I'll forget something or not have enough room. But as long as i get in im not bothered. Hi Sophie :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Well it's a communal lounge in each block, which could just be a fancy name for a common room lol. Yeah I'm not away for too long but I worry I wont get my first choice if I don't apply straight away! Although I think I have a bit of an advantage as I get assigned a room on the 2nd of August instead of the 20th. Yeah my nan has been pretty good with that, I even have things that I cant use this year but can bring for the 2nd one such as a kettle. See I think that will be okay, I hate the feeling of knowing that when I leave my house then my brother is being moved into my room straight away so I'm going to feel quite pushed out of my family lol. If you do forget something then you can probably live without until you next go back home, whereabouts do you live now? The en suite rooms have more storage for such problems too :P
Reply 15
You'll have a fantastic time at Keele! I'm coming to the end of my 2nd year and I love it here! Our SU is fantastic and the whole University is brilliant! There is loads of clubs and societies for pretty much everything! If you're interested in music/radio/interviewing artists, then consider joining KUBE Radio, you don't have to be a presenter, there's other parts you can get involved in (music reviews, events, promotion etc) (I'm going to be the Head of Music for it) But yeah, any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Harpoon
You'll have a fantastic time at Keele! I'm coming to the end of my 2nd year and I love it here! Our SU is fantastic and the whole University is brilliant! There is loads of clubs and societies for pretty much everything! If you're interested in music/radio/interviewing artists, then consider joining KUBE Radio, you don't have to be a presenter, there's other parts you can get involved in (music reviews, events, promotion etc) (I'm going to be the Head of Music for it) But yeah, any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

Thats cool! What other things and clubs are there about? And most importantly, what accommodation have you been in? As any input you have on that will be really helpful :smile:
Reply 17
Thats cool! What other things and clubs are there about? And most importantly, what accommodation have you been in? As any input you have on that will be really helpful :smile:

There's a list here: http://www.keelesu.com/a-z-of-societies - it's slightly incomplete but should be updated over the summer. Sports clubs are here: http://www.keelesu.com/au-clubs

And I haven't actually been in any On-Campus accommodation as Keele was my insurance choice. However I will be in Barnes Hall next year which is primarily for 3rd years. But my friends that have been in Halls have really enjoyed it! Horwood is the closest to the SU with Barnes, Lindsay, Holly Cross fairy close. Hawthorns is in Keele village and is about 10 minutes walk onto Campus. The majority of the information is on the Keele Accommodation website: http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/

Sorry I can't be more help with that but anything else feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Harpoon
There's a list here: http://www.keelesu.com/a-z-of-societies - it's slightly incomplete but should be updated over the summer. Sports clubs are here: http://www.keelesu.com/au-clubs

And I haven't actually been in any On-Campus accommodation as Keele was my insurance choice. However I will be in Barnes Hall next year which is primarily for 3rd years. But my friends that have been in Halls have really enjoyed it! Horwood is the closest to the SU with Barnes, Lindsay, Holly Cross fairy close. Hawthorns is in Keele village and is about 10 minutes walk onto Campus. The majority of the information is on the Keele Accommodation website: http://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation/

Sorry I can't be more help with that but anything else feel free to ask :smile:

Thanks :smile: I've exhausted the Keele website lol, I've just been trying to see what other people think but it seems pretty much all positive across the board so I'm not too worried anymore
Reply 19
Thanks :smile: I've exhausted the Keele website lol, I've just been trying to see what other people think but it seems pretty much all positive across the board so I'm not too worried anymore

Haha, good one! You'll really enjoy Keele! Make sure you check out the SU and KUBE websites as well :smile: But yeah, don't be worried, you'll love it here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest