The Student Room Group

Imperial Year 11 Summer School

Hello

So i didnt know where to post this thread ... but it is relevant to GCSE students

So.... is anyone going to :
Year 11 Project STEM Summer School

Im going for chemistry..
Has anyone heard anything back yet??

Ryan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
so i guess no one is going and im going to be alone :confused: :eek4:
I didn't even know about it! Have fun though, sorry about the lack of replies.
Reply 3
So like :bump:
What is this?! Wish I knew about it
Reply 5
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What is this?! Wish I knew about it

i remembr talking about it with Jatz07 on the old B1B2B3 thread...

it looks good!

i knw that cambridge did a summer school for year 11's last year,,,, but when i contacted them a couple moths ago they said they are not doing any

i think UCL and LSE did one.. but those are non-residential ... the imperial one is residential

google it

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
i remembr talking about it with Jatz07 on the old B1B2B3 thread...

it looks good!

i knw that cambridge did a summer school for year 11's last year,,,, but when i contacted them a couple moths ago they said they are not doing any

i think UCL and LSE did one.. but those are non-residential ... the imperial one is residential

google it

ryan

Any applications available?
Reply 7
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Any applications available?

ok..you have missed all the deadlines... nottinghams was only 2 weeks ago... hmm

i would say to apply for the imperial summer school as a reserve..you never know??

plus they send emails inviting you to other stuff

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
ok..you have missed all the deadlines... nottinghams was only 2 weeks ago... hmm

i would say to apply for the imperial summer school as a reserve..you never know??

plus they send emails inviting you to other stuff

ryan

No point :tongue:
Reply 9
so this is sort of a :bump:

did anyone get the information email thing about where you have to meet????

hopefully i will get a reply

ryan
There was a UCL masterclass I think during the Easter Holidays (or after?) that a lot of people at my school went, I didn't go because I thought it was pointless unless it comes with an additional qualification or something. Besides I'm too lazy haha.
Reply 11
Bump #3

ryan
Reply 12
So like :bump: ... i think this is Bump #4
Reply 13
im adamant to find someone who is going

Bump #5 :bump:
Reply 14
im adamant to find someone who is going...but is this pointless?

Bump #6
Reply 15
Hi
, my son has been accepted to Adv.Maths in world summer School of imperial , but since it is an expensive course, I am wondering how much it affects the Personal Statement.
Do you know, if it affects the decision of the Univeristy?. He wants to study Computer Science in Edinburgh and he is doind IB. Athe moment, his results of the IB1 exams were very good in HL MAths (scoring 6) HL Physics, (scoring 7) HL Computer Science (scoring 7).

I would appreciate, your answer, becouse from it , it will depend if he will go.
thanks a lot
yiota
Reply 16
Original post by pskouro
Hi
, my son has been accepted to Adv.Maths in world summer School of imperial , but since it is an expensive course, I am wondering how much it affects the Personal Statement.
Do you know, if it affects the decision of the Univeristy?. He wants to study Computer Science in Edinburgh and he is doind IB. Athe moment, his results of the IB1 exams were very good in HL MAths (scoring 6) HL Physics, (scoring 7) HL Computer Science (scoring 7).

I would appreciate, your answer, becouse from it , it will depend if he will go.
thanks a lot
yiota

The summer school i got accepted into was free..and had some stiff competition...i think
i dont think the paid one will have as much competion simply due to the hefty price tag .... but it does show an insight into his course and passion for it

i wouldnt take my word as a decision to go or not

in my opinion ,,, i would go ,,, if the money wasnt an issue...if you get what i mean

Ryan
Original post by pskouro
Hi

thanks a lot
yiota

No summer school is going to gain anyone entry into a University. Attending a summer school definitely implies that a potential applicant has an active interest and motivation with respect to the subject they're applying for (assuming the summer school is relevant to their planned course at university). However, ultimately, the most important factor is the applicant themselves.

Your son should be attending because he's interested in the course and wants to go, not because he thinks it will give him kudos in the eyes of application staff.
Reply 18
Original post by ryanb97
Hello

So i didnt know where to post this thread ... but it is relevant to GCSE students

So.... is anyone going to :
Year 11 Project STEM Summer School

Im going for chemistry..
Has anyone heard anything back yet??

Ryan

Yes, I'm going for chemistry too! See you soon!
Eddy.
Reply 19
Original post by Eddygp
Yes, I'm going for chemistry too! See you soon!
Eddy.

FINALLYY!!!!!!

Have you returned all the information pack stuff that they sent.....?

Ryan

Quick Reply

Latest