The Student Room Group

Girls,I need you help!!! What kinds of dresses can I wear with skinny jeans?

1. What kinds of dresses can I wear with skinny jeans?

2. Also, what heels go with dress/skinny jeans????

3. I like to cover my arms so are leather jacket the best for this or should I wear a top underneath???

4. Lastly, what do u think about wearing loose trousers with dresses??

what's with the neg? :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Also jewelery???
Reply 2
Original post by deportme

3. I like to cover my arms so are leather jacket the best for this or should I wear a top underneath???

Why do you want to wear a dress with jeans?

3) Leather jacket can be good, but it depends on the dress really. Never a shirt underneath!

4) :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
A dress with jeans??? :eyebrow:
Reply 4
Tunic tops (so mid-thigh) might look nice depending on colors, style, etc.

I wouldn't wear loose trousers with a dress because it would be too baggy/too much material.

If the dress is past the knee, I would be more inclined to wear tights with it than jeans.

As for jackets, leather can be nice if it goes with what you're wearing (so jeans or a dress), also on the occasion. In hot temperatures, I would steer clear of leather jackets. Perhaps denim jackets or blazers in cooler weather?

I'm sure your arms are fine, you shouldn't try to hide them (unless for religious or medical reasons) as too much material in the summer will only overwhelm you.

Do you have any pictures?
Reply 5
Original post by arina162
Why do you want to wear a dress with jeans?

3) Leather jacket can be good, but it depends on the dress really. Never a shirt underneath!

4) :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I looove dresses :smile:
Why would you wear a dress with jeans? Are they not supposed to be worn separately or is this just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by heirloom
A dress with jeans??? :eyebrow:

Original post by x-Sophie-x
Why would you wear a dress with jeans? Are they not supposed to be worn separately or is this just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

they don't look too bad imo

I want to dress modest due to culture.I'm not comfortable with showing my legs :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Maybe leggings would be a better choice to wear with dresses? They're equally as modest as jeans, but less bulky and cooler in the summer.
Reply 9
I looove dresses :smile:

Okay, I understand. But you can dress modest without blue jeans... Skinny black jeans with tunics/very short, simple dresses are okay. :smile: But in my opinion dress/jeans are a no-go :frown:

And for your arms - short cardigans, blazer, leather jackets depending on the weather/occasion :

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by LouboutinLove
Maybe leggings would be a better choice to wear with dresses? They're equally as modest as jeans, but less bulky and cooler in the summer.

They're too tight and show the shape of your legs :frown:

Original post by arina162
Okay, I understand. But you can dress modest without blue jeans... Skinny black jeans with tunics/very short, simple dresses are okay. :smile: But in my opinion dress/jeans are a no-go :frown:

And for your arms - short cardigans, blazer, leather jackets depending on the weather/occasion :

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will deffo be buying some black skinny jeans :smile:

Have you looked at above pics? they don't look too bad
Reply 11
deportme

Have you looked at above pics? they don't look too bad

Yeah, I've seen the pictures. I do like the combo with the tan jeans :smile: And the one with the tunic/jeans. But especially the last one doesn't look too good imo. :/ But go for skinny jeans, that will look great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
They're too tight and show the shape of your legs :frown:

Are you sure you can't wear leggings? Because I can see the same amount of leg-shape in my skinny jeans as I can in my leggings, particularly if you had a dress over the top so there's no detail in the bum-area. Maybe you're just thinking of less skinny skinny jeans than me :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Aurora.
Are you sure you can't wear leggings? Because I can see the same amount of leg-shape in my skinny jeans as I can in my leggings, particularly if you had a dress over the top so there's no detail in the bum-area. Maybe you're just thinking of less skinny skinny jeans than me :smile:

I agree, you just need to get a really decent pair, I have a thick pair from H&M and they're great....You can get leggings now that hold you in (like control pants)
I think a nice tunic, leggings (or skinny jeans) and a pair of open toe heels would look lovely :biggrin:
Oh and a leather jacket or blazer, like in the first photo!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14

what's with the neg? :confused:

1. Never wear a dress with skinny jeans, always wear leggings if you are uncomfortable about showing your legs or just go bare with some tights. I forgot to mention you can try wearing jeggings as well. They are like jeans and leggings in one! They are amazing

2. No, never wear heels with dresses or skinny jeans if you are going for a causal look, unless you are going to a party or going out somewhere like a restaurant.

Wear flat pumps/shoes or wear lace up boots, when it is sunny wear sandals with dresses but never with skinny jeans. Also you could wear toms with skinny jeans or some vans etc

3. Don't wear leather jackets in the summer or spring, wear a long sleeve top if you are uncomfortable with showing your arms. Also you could wear a denim/jean jacket with your dress and if the denim/jean jacket is quite long then you could wear it with skinny jeans but i wouldn't recommend it.

4. NOOOOOOOO Never wear loose trousers with anything unless you are going to work!!!!!!!

Hope that helped and made sense :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I would recommend either leggings or jeggings with a tunic style dress rather than jeans. They would both be more comfortable and cooler.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I think it can look quite nice. Prefer it with black skinny jeans & done as quite a smart dressy look, not a casual look. With a black blazer or leather jacket like you said. Wear with just black heels or black ballerina pumps.

In the photos you put up, the first two are okay but the others are really drab and I don't think the look works well with blue jeans. Although blue jeans could work nicely with a black dress.

Obviously needs to be a dress that flares out a bit, looks good with really short dresses but also interestingly nice with knee length dresses too. Dressy fabric to contrast with the denim - no cotton.

And no dresses over wide leg trousers until you're over the age of 50 :smile:
A dress with jeans and a leather jacket. You realise it's not Winter anymore right?
I understand the modesty thing. You don't want to show your arms or legs or too much body shape?

I'd say that skinny jeans look better with a shorter tunic type top rather than a full on dress. Go for something that would almost be too short to be worn on it's own as a dress. Also make sure that your jeans are well fitting and don't have too much extra material on the legs, go for something with a bit of stretch.

Since it's getting warmer why don't you try a cardigan or a button up shirt (worn open) instead of a leather jacket? Maybe wear the jacket in the evenings? Or maybe find a long sleeved tunic to cover your arms?
Also if the tunic/dress you like is too low cut or is sleeveless you can wear a basic long sleeved top underneath.

For shoes I think heeled ankle boots look really cool with skinny jeans :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending