The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature AS B

Hi, I will be sitting the English Literature B exam on the 17th of this month, but at the moment, I'm struggling to comprehend what I have to write about. I've looked at marks schemes, but as they only specify topics to write about rather than how.

Has anyone got, or is able to produce, an example essay, in particular for Section A Part A?
AA is all about writing about AO2 (you should be familiar with these off by heart) AO2 is about form, language & structure. With these you say how these tell the chapter or poem you select.
So for example, lets say you have the question - 'how does Fitzgerald tell the story in chapter 6?'
You go along the lines of - Fitzgerald tells the story in retrospect through Nick Carraway - he does this so the reader experiences the story not be told it. (Obviously go into more detail with quotations and an explanation)
Structure- you can comment on being told about Gatsbys past first.
Language- Nicks poetic speech.

I have an exam question that hasn't been marked and I did it a while ago so it isn't exactly an A but it may give you an idea on what to say. I'll Pm you in a minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending