Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Edexcel C1, C2 June 2013

Announcements Posted on
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing these papers in about 2 weeks? How are you revising, I'm doing all of the past papers and solomons.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Me, Im doing C1. I generally only do past papers and I never do the solomons. I have to say though that C1 papers are getting harder year by year.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep I am, just doing past papers and every single question i can find, if i can't do one i ask my teacher how is your revision going, what you getting on the papers and what applied unit are you doing?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I am, is it only 2 weeks now? Wow, these past few weeks have gone so quickly!

I'm doing past papers too, & then going over what I get wrong in the text book. May or may not do Solomons depending on how much time I have.

What topics do you find hardest?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileyelzz)
    I am, is it only 2 weeks now? Wow, these past few weeks have gone so quickly!

I'm doing past papers too, & then going over what I get wrong in the text book. May or may not do Solomons depending on how much time I have.

What topics do you find hardest?
    logs, logs and logs :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    logs, logs and logs :P
    See I don't mind logs :P But C2 differentiation questions are horrible
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doing both. Did the Solomons for C1, now I'm doing the questions that were rejected as exam questions.

Prefer C2 over C1 tbh.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just past papers for me. Practice is the only real way of revising for Maths in my eyes.
    Where I am now:
    - Haven't got a clue about Circles in C2
    - Hopeless at drawing graphs in C1
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing C2 only (and C3). Need 2 ums for my A in maths overall.

Highly recommend Solomon, if you have the time to do so.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm ready for the C2 exams. Might need to check on how to prove equations on differentiation. I should be fine with C1 too, but the only maths exam that worries me the most is D1! D:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishraq Tarafdar)
    Think I'm ready for the C2 exams. Might need to check on how to prove equations on differentiation. I should be fine with C1 too, but the only maths exam that worries me the most is D1! D:
    Urghhh don't get me started on D1, it's horrible! Scheduling does my head in :mad: & what's the point of bubble/quick sort? I can sort numbers in my head in 2 seconds

Sorry, rant over
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doing these papers, only need to go over a few topics in C2 and then should be ready for the exam.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahftw_)
    Doing both. Did the Solomons for C1, now I'm doing the questions that were rejected as exam questions.

Prefer C2 over C1 tbh.
    How do you find the rejected exam questions?
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    I'm doing C2 only (and C3). Need 2 ums for my A in maths overall.

Highly recommend Solomon, if you have the time to do so.
    You need 2 UMS over 2 papers to get an A overall?
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    You need 2 UMS over 2 papers to get an A overall?
    Yes, I'm on a gap year, just need the 2 ums and I'm done with maths.

Got 478/600 for my AS and A2 combined. You need 480/600 for an A overall, so you can imagine how angry I was on results day in august 12.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm on a gap year, just need the 2 ums and I'm done with maths.

Got 478/600 for my AS and A2 combined. You need 480/600 for an A overall, so you can imagine how angry I was on results day in august 12.
    Nice! Did you do all of the Solomon papers? I find C2 Solomon very difficult
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Did you do all of the Solomon papers? I find C2 Solomon very difficult
    I didn't actually have the time to do C2 Solomon papers (I last took the exam in June 11) and was swamped with exams then, so no, I didn't do em :sad:
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't actually have the time to do C2 Solomon papers (I last took the exam in June 11) and was swamped with exams then, so no, I didn't do em :sad:
    So you did the C1 solomons and not the C2. How did your UMS compare in the two?
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    So you did the C1 solomons and not the C2. How did your UMS compare in the two?
    94/100 in C1 (jan11) and 74/100 in C2 (jun12).

I think that tells the story

But then again, the question that screwed me up in C2 was a question that was in the official textbook (c2) which I skipped in class. So it was my fault for not going over that question as it was pretty much identical to the one I got in the exam (and had no clue about).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you find the rejected exam questions?
    They're alright actually, but some of the transformation questions are a bit dodgy.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 1, 2013
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.