Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel C1, C2 June 2013

Announcements Posted on
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahftw_)
    They're alright actually, but some of the transformation questions are a bit dodgy.
    Where do you get them from?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Where do you get them from?
    Maths teachers; don't know where they got them from though, but I could post them
    • 103 followers

ReputationRep:
    C2. Solomon's and past papers.
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    C2 as well, solomon and past papers as well as my additional second book, least confident on optimization (differentiation in real life) questions.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing c1 and doing past papers mostly with some revision from textbooks

What are solomons?
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I'm doing c1 and doing past papers mostly with some revision from textbooks

What are solomons?
    Tougher versions of exam papers, the solomons I used running up to the jan 13 paper saved my life, a question exactly like a solomon one came up, you may want to give them a little peak but by no means is it essential, it just helps your chances a lot more.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    C1 and C2 over here (+ S1 )

Solomons and then regular edexcel ones - C1 ive got nailed pretty much , but a bit rusty on reciprocal graphs
    C2 again nailed apart from one thing - trig functions !!!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    C2 as well, solomon and past papers as well as my additional second book, least confident on optimization (differentiation in real life) questions.
    I think these are probably the most difficult C2 questions as well. Do you have any idea what kind of formulae we need to know for the exam that isn't official? E.g these questions often involve 'Show that...' which invariably require knowledge of various formulae. Earlier I needed to know the perimeter of a semicircle which I couldn't for the life of me remember.
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    I think these are probably the most difficult C2 questions as well. Do you have any idea what kind of formulae we need to know for the exam that isn't official? E.g these questions often involve 'Show that...' which invariably require knowledge of various formulae. Earlier I needed to know the perimeter of a semicircle which I couldn't for the life of me remember.
    http://math.about.com/library/blmeasurement.htm would be the bare basics I suppose, but the questions are so unpredictable sometimes..., its most likely that I will lose most of the ''show that'' marks

Also surely perimeter of a semi circle would be half the length of the circle (the half arc)+ diamater, and you can work out the arc using the fact that the angle made will be TT radians x radius
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What are solomons? No ones told me about them im doing the exam, I'm good with c1 but not so much c2!
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliciap)
    What are solomons? No ones told me about them im doing the exam, I'm good with c1 but not so much c2!
    To quote myself again
    Tougher versions of exam papers, the solomons I used running up to the jan 13 paper saved my life, a question exactly like a solomon one came up, you may want to give them a little peak but by no means is it essential, it just helps your chances a lot more.
    I'd recommend them if you want to get 90+
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To quote myself again

Thankyou I'll defiantly have a look!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    To quote myself again

You done the C2 ones? They're nasty :eek:
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not started the C2 ones, but I have done all the C1 ones and 3 M1 ones, time is runnning outtttt!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not started the C2 ones, but I have done all the C1 ones and 3 M1 ones, time is runnning outtttt!
    I thought you were hardcore?
    I've done 3 C1 ones, they seem quite easy. C2 I got half way through and it was a killer. S1 normal exams are a killer
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've done 3 C1 ones, they seem quite easy. C2 I got half way through and it was a killer. S1 normal exams are a killer
    From now though its just past papers everyday, done fully with content. The C1 ones are generally easy in my opinion, the latter ones on arithmetic series can get quite tough, as well as some strange differentiation/integration questions. I find S1 easier than C2, but the problem with S1 is its just very long, the questions are very very long winded
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the C2 solomon papers are quite horrible, but actual past papers are not too bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, for the C2 specification do you think we'll ever be asked a question to do with changing the base number in logs? It's in the text book but I've never seen it in any of the past papers, even the Jan 13 paper.
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amz1217)
    Hey guys, for the C2 specification do you think we'll ever be asked a question to do with changing the base number in logs? It's in the text book but I've never seen it in any of the past papers, even the Jan 13 paper.
    It's possible, keep an open mind, edexcel may be more crafty, like they were with C1 in jan
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wondering whats so difficult on S1? I got to do it next year !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 1, 2013
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.