The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1, C2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justinawe
If it were me, I'd do the opposite, take on the harder one while I'm still fresh.

Good point. I was thinking I'd warm up with C1 but it could leave me drained for the inevitable long M1 slope question which I despise.
69/75 for the June 2009 paper :smile:

Messed up one of the circle geometry questions :/
Reply 122
Original post by James A
69/75 for the June 2009 paper :smile:

Messed up one of the circle geometry questions :/

Nice C2 is a nice module i like the differentiation part a
I find C2 much easier than C1! Maybe it's because we are able to use a calculator :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys iv got m1c1 s1 next week iv got one topic left for s1 m1 c1 im decent although i cud improve sny tips to go from 85ish to a flush 90+ esp in m1 i keep hitig the 75-80ish mark im scared i might get worse in the real exam:frown:
Original post by Revisionbug
Hey guys iv got m1c1 s1 next week iv got one topic left for s1 m1 c1 im decent although i cud improve sny tips to go from 85ish to a flush 90+ esp in m1 i keep hitig the 75-80ish mark im scared i might get worse in the real exam:frown:

Practice the harder questions in the textbooks. Do you use the official edexcel textbook?
Original post by James A
Practice the harder questions in the textbooks. Do you use the official edexcel textbook?

which one is the official edexcel one?
Original post by Revisionbug

I thought it was out of 75 :s-smilie:
Original post by James A

Yeah only for m1 though c1 all i do is past pprs and solomons wht wud u recomend for a full 100in s1 i know its unlikely but its d best method for me not to flop as if i aim for 100 i wont flop to a b or worse and i think s1 is easy howvr its d worst module ever but its easy and great module to pick up alot of ums any tips for s1? Atm im planning to do 8-10 past pprs plus 3solomon pprs
Original post by TH3-FL45H
I thought it was out of 75 :s-smilie:

No as in ums not rak marks LOL
Erm guys since i hv m1c1 back to bck im wondering how i should eat or anything i can like wake up a certain or eat certain time or thing b4 exam cus i really want to peak for those 3 hrs im sitting the 2 pprs
Reply 131
I think I might cry if I don't get an A in maths after all the work I've put in :frown: I just cannot get the hang of S1 though! I got 68/100 UMS in January (awful I know) and I'm resitting soon :l I want at least a B in S1. Don't know why I find it so difficult but it's just so blerrggh D:
C1 and M1 back to back and we can't choose what to do first :fuhrer:

Gonna be a long evening since the paper starts at 5.30 pm local time. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jessica-F
Thanks. Is that for the 'Sum of'?

Yea, prove Sn= n/2 (2a+(n-1)d)
Reply 134
Original post by jaynay
can anyone please help me understand the k method... i have no idea what im doing. please

the discriminate?
Can anyone please help me with JANUARY 2009 Q3 S1 !! Please I reallyyyy neeed help
Original post by CelloForLife
Can anyone please help me with JANUARY 2009 Q3 S1 !! Please I reallyyyy neeed help

What part?
I sat for C1,C2 and M1 in Jan 2013(finished my O-levels in may 2012) and got 100,93 and 80 respectively.In C2 I made a stupid mistake in the last question even though I finished 25 mins early-wrote the pythagorus theorem the other way round:tongue: In M1 i forgot to take coefficient of friction into account in dynamics and lost 16 straight marks-I think the rest were correct :biggrin:
Boooooom - 73/75 on Jan 2013 C1 !! even more happy cos its the first paper where... wait for it... i didn't make ANY silly mistakes ! :eek::eek:
i am stressing right now, i have three exams on Monday. I have been getting 70 plus on every c1/c2 normal and solomon papers. I cannot get past 40 marks on s1 edexcel papers. What grade do you think 2As and an E will equate to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending