78-80

Oh :frown:
What raw mark do you think for 83 UMS?
Original post by frannyw
Oh :frown:
What raw mark do you think for 83 UMS?

64-66
Original post by Dilzo999
Yup that last question was hard to spot what to do, I hate how it just clicked right after I gave the exam in and knew what to do XD.

yep actually really annoyed as to what i did , for part a) i thought the centre of the circle was (5,-9 ) :angry::angry::angry::angry:

and for part b i made one messed up triangle , got PT as the hypotenuse which apparently it wasn't then got some seriously weird value haha - all 6 marks down the drain ! thankfully got everything else right , so not TOO bad a catastrophe haha :tongue:
Original post by Fas
yep actually really annoyed as to what i did , for part a) i thought the centre of the circle was (5,-9 ) :angry::angry::angry::angry:

and for part b i made one messed up triangle , got PT as the hypotenuse which apparently it wasn't then got some seriously weird value haha - all 6 marks down the drain ! thankfully got everything else right , so not TOO bad a catastrophe haha :tongue:

You'll still get some marks for the radius so all is not lost that's an extra mark :biggrin:.
did anyone notice the sexist question on S1?!

Funny how the women's score were so much lower than the men's!
Original post by TheBooshIsLoose

I May have to take a look at that paper haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh people did - there was this one girl that went on a full on rant in the S1 thread about it , so ****ing annoying.
I think is ridiculous, it was so obvious as well!

I think people should complain!

lol - i don't think anyone really cares.

besides how did you even have time to notice that , i was so focused on getting the question right i didn't even notice the context of the question ( i knew that females had less than males but i didn't link that to the whole sexism thing in the exam )
I think is ridiculous, it was so obvious as well!

I think people should complain!

What are you trying to achieve from that? Complaining won't do anything and there have being questions in the past where females exceed males as I've said a billion times on other threads, it is a purely contextualised question, I bet if it was females exceeding males you wouldn't have anything to say about that.
Original post by Robbie242
What are you trying to achieve from that? Complaining won't do anything and there have being questions in the past where females exceed males as I've said a billion times on other threads, it is a purely contextualised question, I bet if it was females exceeding males you wouldn't have anything to say about that.

TheBooshIsLoose ( for starters - seriously ? :rolleyes: ) was probably trolling anyway haha - how'd S1 go for you bud ?
Original post by Fas
TheBooshIsLoose ( for starters - seriously ? :rolleyes: ) was probably trolling anyway haha - how'd S1 go for you bud ?

Aha oh god, has fangirl written all over it, that's like calling myself Ilikenevermindthebuzzcocks11111 lool.

Yeah definitely, S1 went I guess OK, but I was really annoyed that I ran out of time, I had the potential to get 100ums but I ran out of time, dropping me about 8-9 marks. After I finally got to the last question on normal distribution the examiner signalled 5 minutes less, in a rush I was trying to find the std deviation but couldn't think straight, so amongst all the questions I skipped I went back to venn diagrams for the last 4minutes in a complete rush to get 4 full marks, unfortunately I had left DRV with independent events blank, standard deviation for nd blank, probability of a bus blank, and got 1 mark wrong for saying standard deviation would fall, but all my other stuff was 100% accurate, the S1 exam is just poo because your supposed to be accurate, yet you have this massive time constraint.

I'm thinking I got around 86ums for it, which doesn't really aid my 82ums in M1 or so
Aha oh god, has fangirl written all over it, that's like calling myself Ilikenevermindthebuzzcocks11111 lool.

Yeah definitely, S1 went I guess OK, but I was really annoyed that I ran out of time, I had the potential to get 100ums but I ran out of time, dropping me about 8-9 marks. After I finally got to the last question on normal distribution the examiner signalled 5 minutes less, in a rush I was trying to find the std deviation but couldn't think straight, so amongst all the questions I skipped I went back to venn diagrams for the last 4minutes in a complete rush to get 4 full marks, unfortunately I had left DRV with independent events blank, standard deviation for nd blank, probability of a bus blank, and got 1 mark wrong for saying standard deviation would fall, but all my other stuff was 100% accurate, the S1 exam is just poo because your supposed to be accurate, yet you have this massive time constraint.

I'm thinking I got around 86ums for it, which doesn't really aid my 82ums in M1 or so

yeah time was a pretty massive issue for me aswell , managed to finish the paper with literally 10-20 seconds to go , but was unable to check for silly mistakes ( thankfully i only made one - right in Q1a) as i didn't express the answer to 3 significant figures lol ) managed to get everything else right though thankfully , although if i get dropped marks on 6b) for saying 0.0274 rather than 2.74% then that's just really dickish hahaha. bearing that in mind , plus i'll probably drop 1-2 marks somewhere else on the paper i've got around 71/72 ish out of 75 which is really good for me considering i might have bombed C2 haha :tongue:
Original post by Fas
yeah time was a pretty massive issue for me aswell , managed to finish the paper with literally 10-20 seconds to go , but was unable to check for silly mistakes ( thankfully i only made one - right in Q1a) as i didn't express the answer to 3 significant figures lol ) managed to get everything else right though thankfully , although if i get dropped marks on 6b) for saying 0.0274 rather than 2.74% then that's just really dickish hahaha. bearing that in mind , plus i'll probably drop 1-2 marks somewhere else on the paper i've got around 71/72 ish out of 75 which is really good for me considering i might have bombed C2 haha :tongue:

Ahah that's crazy, well done mate, I think I lost that mark on 3sf as well, that is good, opposite with me really, I've smashed C1 allready (98ums) and I think for C2 which I managed to finish in 1hour xP I got 100ums, but man S1 drags it down a bit
Ahah that's crazy, well done mate, I think I lost that mark on 3sf as well, that is good, opposite with me really, I've smashed C1 allready (98ums) and I think for C2 which I managed to finish in 1hour xP I got 100ums, but man S1 drags it down a bit

yeah i know C1 went really well for me , only got the asymptotes wrong ( now that i come to think of it i'm quite annoyed i did ) so only 2 marks dropped there :tongue:

yeah dunno how you did that haha , C2 went really well for me until Q10 which i completeeely screwed up ! so yeah i'll only be scraping 90 UMS on that one haha
Original post by Fas
yeah i know C1 went really well for me , only got the asymptotes wrong ( now that i come to think of it i'm quite annoyed i did ) so only 2 marks dropped there :tongue:

yeah dunno how you did that haha , C2 went really well for me until Q10 which i completeeely screwed up ! so yeah i'll only be scraping 90 UMS on that one haha

Ahah still very good! well done, what are you thinking of applying for after results?
Ahah still very good! well done, what are you thinking of applying for after results?

cheers man you too :smile: well if everything goes well , Economics :tongue:
1 comes from log3⃣3x^2
becoming log3⃣3 + 2Log3⃣X
and log3⃣3 becomes the 1
making 1+2log3⃣X
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending