The Student Room Group

What are your fears?

Scroll to see replies

the fear of not having a fear
Reply 41
Clowns, even thinking about them scares me so if I ever came face to face with one I'm not sure how I'd handle it :s-smilie:

Oh and pigeons. They always fly just a litttlleeeee too close to my face -.-
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by James Lucifer
So far I think im not scared anything having doing a speech therapy course which completely took out of me out of my comfort zone now I can look at people on the eyes while they speak to me and I can speak in public etc. So what are your fears?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god i cant stare in to someone's eyes for more than 3 seconds what ever gender i feel so weird and i have to immediately look away. :colondollar:
not making the important people in my life happy
Original post by Victoriapownall
i feel for you I really do with me I just worry that I will find my Alevels too hard and will end up failing them and subsequently won't get into university and basically my whole life will be over,just the thought of that makes me feel like crying ;( I also worry that I won't get into any university as I'm scared of talking to people that I don't know and so this will mean that I will never go up to someone and ask If I can do some volunteering for example meaning that my personal statement will make me seem like someone that does nothing with there life,however hard I try I just can't find the courage to ask someone if I can do something,it sounds really stupid but I didn't even have the courage the other day to ask the technician at school to give me more space on my laptop I was just too scared of asking,I'm so bloody pathetic,I wish I was like everyone else I am soo not normal :frown:

Pssh,define normality :tongue: I'm like that myself so feel free to denounce me as a hypocrite for saying this,but honestly,consider this:

Fear of failure,of the unknown is like the Schroedingers cat analogy. You dont know whether you will do well at something or enjoy something that you've never experienced if you don't actually go out there are do it,so for the moment the possiblities are endless.Start small,as I am now..the next time a similar oppurtunity presents itself such as with the technician,acknowledge that fear/anxiety you will almost certainly feel..and just push through.Just once.It will not be easy but honestly,if you pull it off the feeling of achievement,however seemingly insignificant it may be to others,is indescribable and frankly addictive.

I'm doing it,from trying to volunteer more,engage in conversation with new people..and things are looking brighter.I still have those darker days(or weeks) where I let my anxiety take hold but the knowledge I can and have pushed through it and achieved is enough to bolster my confidence when I need it to be.

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 45
indeed they can F*ck off , remember when you said you were afraid that me (Lucifer) will tempt me into doing wrong things . I just made you agree with me ahaaa :wink:

Damn it ! :tongue: I guess I'm not as good a person as I thought :frown:

Is lucifer your real name ? Or were you inspired by him ? :redface:
Being buried alive :eek:
Original post by LAZYABDI
Oh god i cant stare in to someone's eyes for more than 3 seconds what ever gender i feel so weird and i have to immediately look away. :colondollar:

during the course we had to maintain eye contant for the whole day looking into strangers eyes that pretty boosted my confidence from 12 % to a full blown 100% . Practice makes perfect try it , it will help you :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by SpiggyTopes
Ed Miliband will be PM, and a horrible death.

You think the two may be linked?
Reply 49
during the course we had to maintain eye contant for the whole day looking into strangers eyes that pretty boosted my confidence from 12 % to a full blown 100% . Practice makes perfect try it , it will help you :smile:

staring in to someone's eyes for that long seems ages for me its like i am telepathically i can get a sense of what dark secrets they hold with in or not. if a girl especially stares at me for a prolonged period of time i cant maintain eye contact dunno why D: maybe i am shy surely not! :colondollar:
Reply 50
my biggest fear is that my tsr reputation will stay at one green blob forever.

jokes - its not getting into uni, for sure
Reply 51
Slowly forgetting who you are, the faces of loved ones, your happiest memories until you become scared and lonely :frown:
Reply 52
Not succeeding (At anything) and becoming less than nothing
Reply 53
The dark and things in the dark (murderers, rapists, clowns etc). It's an irrational fear.

I take the dog out at night, as soon she is finished I sprint back in and slam and lock the door behind me as soon as possible. Even though the security lights have come on - what if it wasn't me and the dog that moved and turned them on? What if it was some crazy escaped murderer that hasn't been on the news because the prison hasn't realised he's escaped yet?

I'm in private halls at the moment, my window looks onto a roof that can only be accessed through my windows or my neighbour's window. I know my neighbour, he's lovely, he would never go out onto the roof, he's afraid of heights. The curtains get shut at 6pm daily without hesitation just in case some mad man managed to climb up three storeys of sheer brick wall and peer in through my window, then try to get in and kill me...

I know how crazy I sound. I'm okay with it.
not able to help others to ease their pain and not able to inspire others to do good things
Being alone.
God

death, and it danger to me and anyone i know,

as it results in loneliness
Original post by Victoriapownall
Thats great to hear,I get all anxious like you used to I always convince myself that people are judging me when there not,I wish I could just say what was in my mind sometimes. I was thinking about doing a speech therapy course as its either that or pharmacy,what was the course like did you find it very fulfilling and do you have a job as a speech therapist and what's the pay like?
Excuse all the questions I have an inquisitive mind :smile:

Nah I'm a college student going to uni soon , I did the McGuire programme which you might have Seen on BBC3 with Gareth gates. It was really life changing . They make you get out of your comfort zone once you do , you will not have fear of speaking with no fear it means that you will be a fluent speaker. Hope that helps if you have any questions feel free to ask :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Being alone.

Well go out and meet people do things such as sport etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LAZYABDI
staring in to someone's eyes for that long seems ages for me its like i am telepathically i can get a sense of what dark secrets they hold with in or not. if a girl especially stares at me for a prolonged period of time i cant maintain eye contact dunno why D: maybe i am shy surely not! :colondollar:

We all get that but from now when you have an eye contact with a girl make sure you're not the first to look away . This will scream out confidence to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending