The Student Room Group

A* in english language GCSE exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think I have a piece that you can read, oh found it!

Spoiler

That's an A*:smile:

:eek: That's brilliant, I loved how you describe it! It's always the writing section that tugs me down under the surface...:angry: Great job anyway! :smile:
Original post by JustaDreamer
:eek: That's brilliant, I loved how you describe it! It's always the writing section that tugs me down under the surface...:angry: Great job anyway! :smile:

Original post by Jina
Ahhh you're in year 10! I can guarantee by year 11, you'll be getting your A/A* grades if you're not at them already. :smile: You're being incredibly clever in starting the revision so early, you won't regret it. :smile: It'll pay off too. :smile:
Haha do be sure to! During Summer and also during half term... The next month or so I'll be a little crazy with exams. Lol I've thought of teaching but never English. I hate English with every ounce in my body.... Lol just about surviving the next 4 weeks. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As sad as it sounds I'm going to spend the whole summer holidays revising for my maths and english exams in November......otherwise I will end up with a D in maths and a B in english which is just not good enough in my eyes,I've got a mock maths exam though on the 16th if may and I don't know whether to revise or not because if I do really badly like get an E then I'm worried that I will get moved down a set!,but then if I did revise then I would end up doing badly in my real exams..l.what should I do ?
Original post by sneakbo2
Ive got 41/45 in speaking and 70 in the written (15,14,12 in speakingand listening) what grade is this overall do you know?

I guessing a high A or A * as the grade boudaries for Aqa are pretty low !
Check out Mr Bruff and WCSE! I have several resources that I printed off the internet which were extremely useful so search up a few resources on getrevising and google and I'm sure you'll find some great stuff! If anyone needs specific resources (e.g. a whole booklet of sample answers) I can also get a link for you :-) Mail me if interested.
WOW that's amazing! I was hoping to get a high A or a low A* as English is my most natural subject ended up with a B... but our teacher isn't exactly the best. Well done! Like others have said, I would be so happy if I got that! Thanks for the advice you've posted on here too :smile:

Aw :frown: Hopefully you'll get better teachers if/when you move on to A-Levels! Thank you and you're welcome :biggrin:
Original post by laylarose
Aw :frown: Hopefully you'll get better teachers if/when you move on to A-Levels! Thank you and you're welcome :biggrin:

Thanks, I am doing English Literature for A-level so I really hope so! :redface:
Thanks, I am doing English Literature for A-level so I really hope so! :redface:

Aw, yay, high five! :ahee:
Original post by laylarose
Aw, yay, high five! :ahee:

:ahee: :five:
Reply 69
Would any of you be able to help me in my english controlled assessment? It's about how strong feelings are expressed by lady macbeth and macbeth in the scenes leading up to the death of Duncan.
I finally got my marks. 20/20 A*! I'm so pleased, I have got full marks on all of my Controlled Assessments

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending