The Student Room Group

I just killed this HUGE spider in my ROOM!!!

It was so big! I was scared ****less lol. I sprayed it with baygon and the thing had the audacity to lift a leg and wave at me then continue chilling on my wall. I felt all kinds of insulted so I went to collect my all purpose lysol and let it have it. It was dead in under 20 seconds. Hurray for lysol:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

You should throw a shoe at it just in case.
KILL IT WITH FIRE. IT'S THE THING IT'S GOING TO INFECT EVERYONE.

Spiders are sneaky. I dislike them. However, I try to throw them out of the window when I can because they scare me.
It's probably just playing dead. It knows your face now.

Either that, or the thousand eggs on its body are about to hatch and return to their mother's place of residence.
Reply 4
Original post by therisenmitten
You should throw a shoe at it just in case.

Good idea gonna do that now. I can't believe the thing waved at me when I sprayed it with baygon! Damn baygon really sucks...
Reply 5
Original post by lightburns

Either that, or the thousand eggs on its body are about to hatch and return to their mother's place of residence.

If it has eggs and they hatch then they'll probably die. I think it's the bleach in the lysol that really killed it. Just hit it with a shoe though just in case...
When I die I want to be reincarnated as a spider.
Just to hear the words "Oh my God, it's huge!"
(edited 10 years ago)
What, do you want a Blue Peter badge?
Reply 8
Throw a blanket over it
catbug_by_sircinnamon-d5riz9k.png
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
:congrats:
when you kill a big spider usually indicates a much bigger insect problem.that big spider probably made little tiny eggs.what's that noise I hear now is it eggs hatching
Original post by lightburns

Oh god, that's going to follow me into my nightmares.
Original post by LStudent
It was so big! I was scared ****less lol. I sprayed it with baygon and the thing had the audacity to lift a leg and wave at me then continue chilling on my wall. I felt all kinds of insulted so I went to collect my all purpose lysol and let it have it. It was dead in under 20 seconds. Hurray for lysol:biggrin:

You should have looked after it as your pet - how do you think that poor spider felt? :cry2:
Reply 13
Here's a bit of advice my Dad gave me when a spider scared me when I was younger.

'Son, don't worry that you've just seen that big old spider. In reality there are probably 20 of them all over the house, hiding behind skirting boards and desks, you just don't often see them. So really, there's nothing to worry about.'

Either he really didn't think that advice through, or my Dad is worthy of the Troll Dad meme.
Original post by RatherJollyCheers
Oh god, that's going to follow me into my nightmares.

I like the irony of how this description of spiders has infested your head, when they will quite literally infest your head by crawling inside your ears while you sleep (and sometimes when they think you're sleeping - staying still whilst on the computer or watching television, for example).
It makes me laugh when people pull the "it's more afraid of you than you are at it" card. Well it looks fine chilling out in my living room.. but I don't want to be in the room when it's there! Spiders are bad ass, there's no doubt.
Original post by LStudent

What do you want a medal?
Original post by Iamyourfather
What, do you want a Blue Peter badge?

How about a Jim'll fix it badge? I'm sure there are loads of those going spare now.
It's plotting.
Reply 18
pics pl0x
Reply 19
Original post by Steevee
Here's a bit of advice my Dad gave me when a spider scared me when I was younger.

'Son, don't worry that you've just seen that big old spider. In reality there are probably 20 of them all over the house, hiding behind skirting boards and desks, you just don't often see them. So really, there's nothing to worry about.'

Either he really didn't think that advice through, or my Dad is worthy of the Troll Dad meme.

Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest