The Student Room Group

"Dude, where's my gown?": The Oxford Chat Thread Mk.III

Scroll to see replies

Lewis and Hathaway would have cornered him by now. Hathaway quoting the Old Testament and Lewis being grimly friendly in an unfriendly way.
Yikes, scary times peeps! Hope you're all safe :frown: And hope he's caught before I head up on Thursday otherwise my dad might try and stop me going or something silly :erm:

No one keeps TLG away from her Combibos breakfast :shakecane: :fuhrer: :nope:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yikes, scary times peeps! Hope you're all safe :frown: And hope he's caught before I head up on Thursday otherwise my dad might try and stop me going or something silly :erm:

No one keeps TLG away from her Combibos breakfast :shakecane: :fuhrer: :nope:

Mum reports in from Headington - people ringing each other feeling a bit nervous. :eek:

I hope they catch up with him soon. :yep:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
...I can see why people thought she was magnetically sexy..:

According to many accounts, in person she had an extraordinary effect on others, but was herself blissfully unaware of this power. Here's an uncomfortable interview by the BBC's normally composed and capable breakfast presenter Nick Ross, in which she tells him the title of her new album and he never recovers from it :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqd_pgrejq4
Lewis and Hathaway would have cornered him by now. Hathaway quoting the Old Testament and Lewis being grimly friendly in an unfriendly way.

I am sorry, they would have been too busy arresting a morose busker on Cornmarket.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11627964/Smile-while-you-busk-or-pay-a-1000-fine.html
Original post by shoshin
Yes, take the following Youtube clip (and associated comments) for example, starting at the 1 minute mark. A female comments that 'she is the most beautiful woman I ever laid eyes on' and there are lots of references to goddesses and angels. Yet, to me anyway, it's an exceptional yet not a sexually charged beauty. I was a teenager when ABBA first came out, so it would be interesting to hear the opinions of you youngsters; have aesthetic conceptions changed through the decades?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee6iiMiGqVk&t=1m1s

She looks incredibly young.

I accept older women today "dress young" but look at her face. When that interview was conducted she was a 26 year old mother with a 3 old child yet I think she could have passed for 15.
Original post by nulli tertius
I am sorry, they would have been too busy arresting a morose busker on Cornmarket.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11627964/Smile-while-you-busk-or-pay-a-1000-fine.html

:lol:

Fines for low quality music. Now that would be something. :yep: Although visions of a Music Court with learned Magistrates of the Cool adjudicating on power ballads or interpretations of Hendrix swim eerily into view. :eek4:
She looks incredibly young.

I accept older women today "dress young" but look at her face. When that interview was conducted she was a 26 year old mother with a 3 old child yet I think she could have passed for 15.

I think it's just that you're very old Nulli. :teehee: She looks about 23 or 25.

Do the police look very young to you these days? :giggle:
I think it's just that you're very old Nulli. :teehee: She looks about 23 or 25.

Do the police look very young to you these days? :giggle:

The judges look very young to me.
The judges look very young to me.

I hear some of them are mere youngsters of only 50 or so these days. :lol:
Original post by shoshin
According to many accounts, in person she had an extraordinary effect on others, but was herself blissfully unaware of this power. Here's an uncomfortable interview by the BBC's normally composed and capable breakfast presenter Nick Ross, in which she tells him the title of her new album and he never recovers from it :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqd_pgrejq4

That interview is so bizarre, they allowed incredible levels of overt sexism on TV in those days. :eek: Nick Ross is so pathetically hitting on her and she's so totally uninterested! The part about the money is sweet, "no, I don't care that I can buy some oil." :lol:
That interview is so bizarre, they allowed incredible levels of overt sexism on TV in those days. :eek:

I'd better not link you to the full interview, because the excerpt you have seen is almost PC when compared to the second half! Mike Smith takes over on the sofa, explaining that 'we've sent Nick Ross off for a cold shower', then proceeds to ask (gallantly prefacing it with 'if you don't mind me mentioning this') about her having 'the prettiest bottom in Europe' :yucky:
(edited 8 years ago)

The "Marlborough School" in Woodstock, I understand...
I am sure the owners' are delighted. The problem with big old hotels is getting a return on capital from improvements. That is why most of them spend decades in genteel decline. An insurance claim will alter the economics dramatically. Expect to see a big refurbishment programme (much more than the insurance pay out).
A £5.6m refurbishment apparently.
Original post by wilbur
The "Marlborough School" in Woodstock, I understand...

It's all very strange. What a terrible thing to have happened all round.
It's all very strange. What a terrible thing to have happened all round.

Indeed :sadnod:

In happier news, I have just had an acceptance on a second conference paper. Soon the whole academic world will know the glories of ABBA fandom, mwahahahahah :colone:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Indeed :sadnod:

In happier news, I have just had an acceptance on a second conference paper. Soon the whole academic world will know the glories of ABBA fandom, mwahahahahah :colone:

Wowza. Congrats! :clap2: :hugs:

I think the world should know of this matter. The time is ripe and the air heavy with expectation. :yep:
PRSOM :sadnod:
Returned from Oxford intact! Even managed to avoid the two people I really didn't want to see as well (no, such_a_lady wasn't one of them - talking about tutors here!) :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending