The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

G.E.N University of Nottingham 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I know, I'm confused by it! Ooh is it November? I'm really unsure what to do as my husband is either going to leave work or change his hours so we don't have to rely on childcare, as it just won't work with school and nursery runs etc but I'm not sure how we go about it or anything!

also how are you getting on with the mapping document?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
on the nottingham website for the GEN course it says "Course fees are paid for all students who meet the NHS student bursaries eligibility criteria. Eligible students will receive a non-means tested grant of £1,000, a means-tested bursary of up to £4,395 (for details, see www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students). Additional allowances are available for students with disabilities and dependents, but you will not be eligible for the Reduced Rate student loan."

so no student loan but we get a means tested bursary and a grant thats not mean tested. And if you have dependants then would get more bursary.

trying to work out how much am going to need to work aswell as cant live off £5395 :s.
Reply 42
How do we apply for the bursary? My friend is doing the undergraduate course and she received an email about applying shortly after receiving her offer, but I haven't received anything. I'm also beginning to panic a lot about money. I'm hoping to get a job working on the bank as a HCA as I do that now in Middlesbrough :-/
Reply 43
Original post by Sann1604
How do we apply for the bursary? My friend is doing the undergraduate course and she received an email about applying shortly after receiving her offer, but I haven't received anything. I'm also beginning to panic a lot about money. I'm hoping to get a job working on the bank as a HCA as I do that now in Middlesbrough :-/

I wouldn't worry too much yet as undergraduates start September so their deadline is August whereas ours is november. I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if we hear anything first. Try not to panic about money yet until you find out more. What branch are u doing?
Original post by LauraAF143
Hey!

I got on the Graduate Entry Nursing Childs branch! Really looking forward to Jan! Congrats to everyone! Anyone else on this? :smile: x

Hey! :smile:

I got an offer for Child Branch too literally cannot wait! Want to start 2mrw! Have you received any more course information etc all I got was a letter of confirmation? xxx
Reply 45
Original post by Josie03
I wouldn't worry too much yet as undergraduates start September so their deadline is August whereas ours is november. I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if we hear anything first. Try not to panic about money yet until you find out more. What branch are u doing?

Yeh I'm sure it will be fine. I'm doing Mental Health. What about you?
Reply 46
Ah I'm doing child branch
Reply 47
Original post by ajbloorface
Hey! :smile:

I got an offer for Child Branch too literally cannot wait! Want to start 2mrw! Have you received any more course information etc all I got was a letter of confirmation? xxx

Nooo i havent got anything else other than that either?! how are you getting on with the mapping im so stuck!!? :smile: x
Reply 48
Nooo i havent got anything else other than that either?! how are you getting on with the mapping im so stuck!!? :smile: x

Hi Laura, Have you received anything else yet? I've had a few emails just about the social networking site and about how to apply for bursaries. I have also received my Health Questionnaire this week! I too am a bit stuck with the mapping doc, I am finding I can only partly give an example for things xx
Reply 49
Original post by Josie03
Hi Laura, Have you received anything else yet? I've had a few emails just about the social networking site and about how to apply for bursaries. I have also received my Health Questionnaire this week! I too am a bit stuck with the mapping doc, I am finding I can only partly give an example for things xx

Hey Josie! No only got the same things as you at the moment, in one of the emails it says they will send more out if you've selected them as your firm choice shortly so guess we just have to wait! Yeah I know I'm in the same boat as you too not too sure on this mapping malarkey! Did they say something about going in in July for some extra help if you needed it or am I mistaken?, :smile: xx
Reply 50
well at least we have the same info so far! I thought the mapping doc was really straightforward until I've come to do it! Erm I hadn't heard about any help in july but I do hope so xx
Reply 51
So will anyone else being looking at living in a shared house in dery when the course starts? I realise alot of people on herre have partners and children but is there anyone who would be looking for a shared student home? x
Reply 52
Hey Josie! No only got the same things as you at the moment, in one of the emails it says they will send more out if you've selected them as your firm choice shortly so guess we just have to wait! Yeah I know I'm in the same boat as you too not too sure on this mapping malarkey! Did they say something about going in in July for some extra help if you needed it or am I mistaken?, :smile: xx

Just noticed you asked about help with the mapping, I received a letter today saying that in July (for me it's the 11th) there will be help if you need it at the uni. Hope this helps x
Reply 53
Original post by Lauraguy92
Just noticed you asked about help with the mapping, I received a letter today saying that in July (for me it's the 11th) there will be help if you need it at the uni. Hope this helps x

Has anyone else received a letter about help with the mapping doc as I haven't as of yet :/.

Josie
Reply 54
Original post by Josie03
Has anyone else received a letter about help with the mapping doc as I haven't as of yet :/.

Josie

Yeah I've had one Hun. For 11th July at 10am. I think it is, off the top of my head anyway.
Reply 55
Hello!
I recieved an unconditional offer for adult nursing Jan 2014 last December :smile:
SO excited to finally start! I already live in Derby as I did my undergraduate degree here and stuck around. Bit worried about the money situation as live with my partner and he'll have to support me but it will definitely be worth it!
Reply 56
Oooo also don't stress too much about the mapping document, it looks confusing but it is so much simpler than you think! (I had to complete mine there and then at my interview last November in case I joined the 2013 entry). They will help out a LOT at the workshops :smile:
Reply 57
Hi everyone! Has anybody started the biology workbook yet?
Reply 58
Original post by Hudson30
Hi everyone! Has anybody started the biology workbook yet?

Hi, What is the biology workbook, don't think I have it?
Reply 59
I'm struggling with the mapping but am going to that workshop on the 11th so hopefully that will help! Nooo as for the biology workbook I haven't got it :/ xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending